PDA

View Full Version : hoax emails

katarina
12-Apr-06, 16:01
anyone else sick of getting these sympathy hoax chain letters geared towards making you so guilty that you just have to send them on to ten people?
This one takes the buscuit! I had to share it with you - just for the laugh.

However I've had to delete some words otherwise I'd get banned!

I am a very sick boy little boy. My mother is typing this for me, because
I can't. She is crying. (Don't cry, Mommy!) Mommy is always sad, but
she says it's not my fault. I asked her if it was God's fault, but she
didn't answer, and only started crying harder, so I don't ask her that
anymore.

The reason she is so sad is that I'm so sick. I was born without a body.
It doesn't hurt, except when I go to sleep. The doctors gave me an
artificial body. My body is a burlap bag filled with leaves. The doctors
said that was the best they could do on account of us havin' no money or
insurance. I would like to have a body transplant, but we need more
money.

Mommy doesn't work because she said employers don't hire crying people. I
said, "Don't cry, Mommy," and she hugged my burlap body. Mommy always
gives me hugs, even though she's allergic to burlap, and it chafes her
real bad. I hope you will help me.

You can help me if you forward this e-mail. Dr. Van Nostrem from the
clinic said if you foward this e-mail then Bill Gates will team up with
AOL and do a survey with NASA. Then the astronauts will collect prayers
from school children all over America and take them up to space so that
the angels can hear them better. Then they will go to the Pope, and he
will take up a collection in church and send the money to the doctors.
The doctors could help me get better then. Maybe one day I will be able
to play baseball. Or maybe just use my lungs and heart, when the doctors
make them. The doctors said that every time you forward this letter, the
astronauts can take another prayer to the angels.

Please help me. Mommy is so sad, and I want a body. I don't want my
leaves to rot before I turn 10. If you don't forward this e-mail, that's
OK. Mommy says you're a mean heartless (word deleted) who doesn't care about a
poor little boy with only a head. She says that, if you don't stew in the
raw pit of your own guilt-ridden stomach, she hopes you die a long slow
horrible death so you can burn forever in the tar pits of hell. What kind
of (word deleted) person are you that you can't take five (word deleted) minutes to
forward this to all your friends so that they can feel guilt and shame for
the rest of their day, and then maybe help a poor, bodiless nine-year-old
boy?

Please help me. This really sucks. I try to be happy but it's hard. I
wish I had a puppy. I wish I could hold a puppy. One time I had a puppy
but he ate my leaves.

Thank You.

The boy with just a head. And a burlap sack for a body.

Ricco
12-Apr-06, 16:12
My goodness, Katarina. You surely get some sick e-mails. I get a few of those chain 'mails (that's what I call 'em) but nothing compared to that one. You don't forward them on, do you? I just delete them, unless they are from one of my two brothers, in which case I send them a reply reminding them that I'll send a pack of slavering dogs on them if they ever send me another.
:grin:

Astra
12-Apr-06, 16:21
That is sick in the head people can they no just go and get a life .

MadPict
12-Apr-06, 16:24
anyone else sick of getting these sympathy hoax chain letters geared towards making you so guilty that you just have to send them on to ten people?

Hmm, so instead of sending on to ten people you post it here - way to go......

jings00
12-Apr-06, 16:28
yeh, i sometimes get these - i just delete them. pile of nonsense.

badger
12-Apr-06, 16:38
Like most of you I always delete them. If I get one from a friend I reply saying (politely) I never, ever send on chain emails and they eventually get the message. Can't understand why anyone does them.

EDDIE
12-Apr-06, 17:22
If your getting a lot of spam u have to watch that u dont have spyware on your computer its worth getting a antispyware software

sam
12-Apr-06, 17:39
There are a lot of sick disgusting people in this world, I recently recieved an email about a story of a 3 year old who was murdered by her father and it to said to pass it on to 10 people.
I dont know which is worse the people who write them or the people who actually pass them on[disgust]

mostlyharmless
12-Apr-06, 18:21
Yes I've had a few this seems useful though I'm not saying everyone should now start showing all there spam on here...though then again...

As we progress through life we may come across this - and in case I go to a
BBQ and need your help, please read!!

During a BBQ a friend stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine (they offered to call paramedics) and just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes. They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food - while she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening.
Ingrid's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00pm, Ingrid passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ - had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke perhaps Ingrid would be with us today.
It only takes a minute to read this-

Recognising a Stroke. A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognised, diagnosed and getting to the patient within 3 hours which is tough.

Remember the "3" steps. Read and Learn!
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer brain damage when people nearby fail to recognise the symptoms of a stroke. Now doctors say a bystander can recognise a stroke by asking three simple questions:

1. *Ask the individual to SMILE.

2. *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

3. *Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (i.e. It is sunny out today)

If he or she has trouble with any of these tasks, call paramedics immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher. After discovering that a group of non-medical volunteers could identify facial weakness, arm weakness and speech problems, researchers urged the general public to learn the three questions. They presented their conclusions at the American Stroke Association's annual meeting last February. Widespread use of this test could result in prompt diagnosis and treatment of the stroke and prevent brain damage.

A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.

BazzaG
12-Apr-06, 18:42
I for one just delete them, must get about 5 of these per week

htwood
12-Apr-06, 19:13
I hit delete after reading the first sentence; seems like its the same people over and over who send them.
Subject line gives a big clue...Fw:Fw:Fw:Fw: spells trouble LOL
Sometimes check www.snopes.com if in the mood to really bust someone's chops on a known hoax.

obiron
12-Apr-06, 19:16
that one was a bit far fetched. dont get any myself they must get blocked.

katarina
12-Apr-06, 20:44
Yes I've had a few this seems useful though I'm not saying everyone should now start showing all there spam on here...though then again...

1. *Ask the individual to SMILE.

2. *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

3. *Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (i.e. It is sunny out today)

You made me think opf a few BBqs I've been at - in Caithness anyway.
By the end of the evening I doubt if anyone would pass the three steps.
and nothing to do with strokes!

Sorry for being fastitious- I know it's no laughing matter. I have had the above email, and also one on how to keep yourself alive until help comes if you think you've had a heart attack.

As for the rest -usually the delete button - unless they make me LOL. in which case I may pass them on if I think it's worth it in entertainment value!

cuddlepop
12-Apr-06, 21:14
THankfully no ones found me yet to pester the life out of me but chunk mail i could wallpaper a house with.:p

Drutt
12-Apr-06, 21:18
... and also one on how to keep yourself alive until help comes if you think you've had a heart attack. If it's the one I'm thinking of, you're more likely to die if you heed the 'advice' from that email than if you just ignore it.

I don't know why anyone would heed anything they read in a chain email.

tisme
13-Apr-06, 12:56
i guess it's just me who thinks they are a joke then?[para]

katarina
13-Apr-06, 20:34
If it's the one I'm thinking of, you're more likely to die if you heed the 'advice' from that email than if you just ignore it.

I don't know why anyone would heed anything they read in a chain email.

is that the one where you cough your head off?
and probably give youraself a stroke with the effort?

Drutt
13-Apr-06, 20:48
is that the one where you cough your head off?
and probably give youraself a stroke with the effort?
It is indeed.

marion
13-Apr-06, 21:42
Ignore and delete them. They are not worth the time to expend on them.