PDA

View Full Version : Oil Prices

robbain
12-Apr-06, 09:07
The price of diesel & petrol has gone up in Wick - £1.03 for Diesel & £1.01 overnight.

moose and Lindsay
12-Apr-06, 10:26
Its the same prices in Thurso!! [mad]

ice box
12-Apr-06, 10:38
i feel a strike coming on lol
it's a disgrace the prices there charging but what can we do if we want to run our car we have to pay the price .

Valerie Campbell
12-Apr-06, 11:21
Petrol is always going to more expensive up here. It's a nightmare when the folk here need cars more than the commuter belt in central Scotland, where public transport is ten a penny. There should be a blanket price for the whole of the UK instead of us paying up to 10p more a litre than in Edinburgh or London.

wicker
12-Apr-06, 14:06
How come we have had such hikes in last couple of weeks, was what 93p the other week and now over a £1, cant be the budget can it thought they put a freeze on it for time being

COACHMAN
12-Apr-06, 18:50
The Wholesale price of fuel has gone up and these costs have been passed on by the suppliers.
I got unleaded in wick about one hour ago at 99 p per litre and derv at 101p per litre at shell george street.:lol:
So not all have gone up Watten is the same price,:Razz

obiron
12-Apr-06, 19:39
makes me glad i dont have a car.

alistair harper
12-Apr-06, 20:36
hi folks i aggree petrol is expensive and we poor motorists need to keep our cars on the road i think what caithness drivers need to do is buy their petrol from one garage and maybe we can create a price war as all the garages are charging the same price even dropping prices by a penny would make me go to that garage its time garage owners looked at this if i owned a petrol station i would do it time to think people do you want our buisness or do you close i know what i would do

cuddlepop
12-Apr-06, 21:00
IYs been over the £ for diesel since the beginning of the month on Skye.
We dont have a choice up here you have to buy it if you want to go anywhere.[evil]
Need to go back and forward to Glasgow to see elderly parents and at £75 a return trip isnt cheap.

Billy Boy
12-Apr-06, 22:08
add the price of diesel. road tax. insurance. mot's plus wear and tear over a year it will make your eye's water. what's worse it is only going to go up:mad:

Alice in Blunderland
14-Apr-06, 19:44
Filled the car with petrol at the garage earlier today.:~( The young boy who served me mentioned the petrol will be coming down next week.Anyone got any ideas why this is,has he got a crystal ball or has oil prices fallen again and the garages are just keeping the price high over the Easter break to maximise profits as lots of people tend to do a fair bit of running around over the holiday weekend. :confused: I just feel its so expensive and just couldnt help but wonder at the young boys comment to me.

MR J
14-Apr-06, 22:48
What is the best heating oil price at the moment?
Maybe an idea for the website to put it in the info column...sponsored and updated by a local oil company??

bagpuss
15-Apr-06, 00:04
Think I might have the answer. People in Caithness should live in the area where they work and everyone should walk to and from their workplace. That way we'd all get much more fit. Look at how many folk drive to Thurso from Wick every day and vice versa. Oil companies would suss that one out fast and then the proce would drop.

Don't expect the supermarkets to change anything- they only have to compete with the lowest price in the county so perhaps a 1p off a litre when you spend £40 at Asda?

But then with all these firms moving in, we won't need to waste fuel or damage the Highlands by driving to spend a day in the shops.

How about improving the railway- why has there never been a rail link commuter servivce between Wick and Thurso?

Loafer
17-Apr-06, 13:54
I think we are looking at things a bit blinkered here.

Has no-one noticed that we don't pay a penny for parking up here? On a recent trip to Yorkshire, the least you had to put in for parking was £1. It was non-transferable, so any carpark you went to it was at least a pound, often £1.20. That was for 40 minutes. If you were up to 2 hours it was £1.40-£1.60. For people working all day it was costing them at least a fiver, often more than £7. I was informed some places cost £15 for a days parking!!

When I said an off-the-cuff remark to someone at the ticket machine about NEVER paying for parking, she said it sounded like heaven and even shouted to her husband to tell him about it!!

Even down in Inverness there is no free parking (that I can find). When I used to go to the dentist up near Culcabock I had to cough up £2 to a hotel owner for the privilige of parking in her carpark as the streets around the place were permit holders only. Remember, our beloved nearest city is also in the Highland region.

So I think we should be looking at the wider scope of things here, not just the price of petrol/diesel.

The Loafer

AR
17-Apr-06, 14:01
The guy at scottish oils told my mum to hold off on buying heating oil for a few days because they expect the wholesale cost to come back a bit in a few days, that was last week.

COACHMAN
17-Apr-06, 16:25
By friday the price of fuel should be down as the Wholesale Price is falling,some places are just keeping the Price High like Thurso.

Neil
17-Apr-06, 17:11
Not just Thurso. Was in Inverness at the weekend. The big Tesco pumps were 99.9 per litre so I fuelled up thinking that would be a fair price. As I went through Nairn, noticed it was 98.9. Drove through Forres 97.9. Asda in Elgin 95.9.

Kirkwall 104.9 for diesel.

Stargazer
17-Apr-06, 21:18
add the price of diesel. road tax. insurance. mot's plus wear and tear over a year it will make your eye's water. what's worse it is only going to go up:mad:

Devaluation of your car price puts all other costs, including petrol, into the shade.

Doleve
17-Apr-06, 23:19
If the filling stations in Thurso bought the fuel when the price was high surely they have to sell the fuel in their tanks before they drop the prices to the new lower rates.
Falkirk on Saturday (only a few Miles from the Grangemouth Refinery) the price of Diesel was £101.9! so much for only getting ripped off in Caithness.

lhm
18-Apr-06, 22:31
The price of diesel in aberdeen on mon was 94.9 in elm tree today 104.0 and 101.9 at lochshell

Drutt
18-Apr-06, 22:40
If you register with petrolprices.com (http://www.petrolprices.com/), you can check on the petrol prices in your area, and have your selected searches emailed to you regularly.

I'm lucky to be living in an area where the price of unleaded just went up from just 89.9p to 90.9p per litre, but the website still comes in handy due to the price variance between local petrol stations.

JimH
18-Apr-06, 23:57
What is the best heating oil price at the moment?
Maybe an idea for the website to put it in the info column...sponsored and updated by a local oil company??
I have just had to pay 41.6 for heating oil.

kwbrown111
19-Apr-06, 11:32
Up to 102 today in Thurso for unleaded

willowbankbear
19-Apr-06, 11:47
Thats pretty dear, everything else will likely go up now as a knock on effect[mad]

wicker
19-Apr-06, 11:51
It was on the news today that the prices are going to hike up over a £1 in London so that means more hikes for us, to do with Iran and threat about a possible war, not to sure was only hearing it in the backround.

Was in inverness on monday and tescos wasnt the cheapest petrol, they were 96.9p, i was heading up to matalan and on the right theres a shell pump there and they were 94.9p so i filled up there.

stivagorm
19-Apr-06, 11:56
guys, sorry, it's just gone upto 1.02(unleaded) as you say OVERNIGHT. Let me give you this link http://www.pipelinecard.org/ It was featured on the national news. Pipeline are trying to get a scheme in place so that WE the customers do not get ripped off so much by THEM. Try and get as many to join as possible as it will benefit US.
Also they have implemented a scheme where you can get Oil for heating through a different company "Paul Ward of www.boilerjuice.co.uk" I haven' checked it out yet, but hope to soon.
Hope this helps everyone and that we start reaping the benefits just like the FAT CATS have done so with us.

Storm,

ice box
19-Apr-06, 12:26
It was on the news today that the prices are going to hike up over a £1 in London so that means more hikes for us, to do with Iran and threat about a possible war, not to sure was only hearing it in the backround.

Was in inverness on monday and tescos wasnt the cheapest petrol, they were 96.9p, i was heading up to matalan and on the right theres a shell pump there and they were 94.9p so i filled up there.i was reading the paper the other day and it said if the petrol price hit a £1 in london there going to start another blockage . why have they got to wait till it gets to a pound down there why not start it when it gets to a pound up here something has to been done were are just getting ripped of hook line and sinker:(

SJR
19-Apr-06, 13:31
Aberdeen was 97.9p for diesel this morning.It was 95.9 last night.My car was filled on monday at 94.9p!!Some places i past in the city waere dearer

cuddlepop
19-Apr-06, 17:00
J ust now diesel is sitting at£1.03.9 a litre. Going anywhere is proving to be very expensive.Just back from a community care forum meeting that wasn.t well attended by service users,plenty professionals at it.They had the cheek to moan that there travel allowence per mile hadnt gone up?What about the unpaid carers?[evil]