PDA

View Full Version : Ambulance attacked

Fran
12-Apr-06, 02:33
how terrible to see on the news that an ambulance responding to an emergency call to a collapsed man near aberdeen infirmary was hit by a large stone and the window smashed. how brave of the driver who was traumatised to carry on and collect the patient and take him to hospital despite the window being so smashed, it would have been difficult to see. thank goodness that doesnt happen in Caithness.
hope they catch who did it, the ambulance could have been going to their relative.[mad]

JAWS
12-Apr-06, 03:32
Now, now Fran, the poor, misunderstood dears were just exercising their human right to demonstrate against the authoriy symbols of an uncaring society which refuses to pay sufficient attention to them.

All they were doing was displaying their frustration with a society which has deliberately set out to exclude them.

Besides, they didn't need the Ambulance, so why should they care about who it was needed for!

Afraid that sort of behaviour is just another symptom of a sick modern society.

fred
12-Apr-06, 10:16
how terrible to see on the news that an ambulance responding to an emergency call to a collapsed man near aberdeen infirmary was hit by a large stone and the window smashed. how brave of the driver who was traumatised to carry on and collect the patient and take him to hospital despite the window being so smashed, it would have been difficult to see. thank goodness that doesnt happen in Caithness.
hope they catch who did it, the ambulance could have been going to their relative.[mad]

Young people in some areas associate ambulances with the police, same flashing blue lights and siren, in those areas the police are seen as the enemy.

How many things have become a must for a child to have since I was at school? How many expensive things does a child have to have to be accepted as part of society? It's no longer good enough just to have shoes the shoes must have the right label on them, made for pennies in the east and sold for a fortune here once the right label has been sewn on.

Why the corporations have altered peoples perception of normality is easy to see, to take peoples money from them but the effects on those who don't have the money to give are disasterous. They are still bombarded day after day and hour after hour with advertising material designed to psychologicaly manipulate people into thinking all these items are essential and if you don't have them you are a nobody.

Society must be protected from the poor in the cities and that is the job of the police.

Ann
12-Apr-06, 11:07
Who says it doesn't happen in Caithness? Ok, maybe not a stone through the window (yet, as far as I know) but our ambulance personnel get attacked in many different ways; verbally and physically, i.e., kicked, spat at, etc. It is a way of life especially at the weekends with intoxicated people being totally unco-operative and using them as a taxi.

An ambulance gets sent for then they refuse to take treatment or hurl a string of abusive language at them. Sadly the ambulance personnel accept it as a part of the job as do many in similar jobs, i.e. nurses, police etc. I know there are channels to report these things but let's face it, they would never be out of the courts if they did, leaving a shortage of staff available for real patients.

P.S. Do we have to have these attention grabbing headlines about something that has not happened here? That is the ploy of the tabloids. Please think of those affected by such things; i.e. relatives and colleagues using these boards, heart in mouth until they can read the message.

O.K. I know that probably won't happen, but I just wanted to have my say and "c'est la vie!" Ann