PDA

View Full Version : The Da Vinci Code

acameron
11-Apr-06, 23:12
I am getting more and more intreged with the Da Vinci Code theory, after seeing a recent documentary and doing a bit of internet research, I am getting more of an idea of what it is all about but I havent come to any personnel conclusions as yet. I am buying the book shortly and want to ask if anyone has already read the book and if so do they think it is a hoax?

Whitewater
12-Apr-06, 00:14
I have read the book. It is based on a lot of fact dressed up to make it readable and a good story.( I have read several other books which actually give a lot more information, it depends on how much you want to know and how interested you are). There is a lot of good stuff in the book, and also a lot of fiction, but if you are interested in digging deeper into the subject, this is a good starting point, the answers you may find will perhaps open your mind.

There was a great thread on here some time ago regarding this, take a troll through some of the earlier threads until you find it, and you will have some very interesting and enlightning reading.

Kenn
12-Apr-06, 00:32
acameron I am gobsmacked..this theory has been around for years and is just that although the fiction that has been built around it makes the mind boggle.The secret of a good novel is to have enough fact to make it plausible.
Now as a man of the world with a discerning intellect I am sure you wil soon be more interested in the mutton content of the 16 a day pies !

Gleber2
12-Apr-06, 01:52
I am getting more and more intreged with the Da Vinci Code theory, after seeing a recent documentary and doing a bit of internet research, I am getting more of an idea of what it is all about but I havent come to any personnel conclusions as yet. I am buying the book shortly and want to ask if anyone has already read the book and if so do they think it is a hoax?
Get a hold of the Holy Blood and the Holy Graill which is the source of a lot of Brown's information. It has also been put down as fiction but there is a lot more information in it on the subject of the Christ bloodline.

acameron
12-Apr-06, 12:07
I am not one for making rash judgements and I have always made my own mind up about subjects - I did find the last supper painting very intresting and that is the main item that has got me intrested.
The main questions I want to ask myself is how original is the painting now from when it was first painted? Also how much influence has the church been in lowering the importance of Mary Magdalene over the centuries.
I will have a read of the Di Vinci Code first then read Holy Blood and the Holy Grail.

Dont brag me up too much Lizz mate - Im just a poor wee dustman - I might hurt myself if I read a whole book. But you know me fine, I might make myself a better class of idiot. :)

obiron
12-Apr-06, 12:28
buy the book its a cracking read. really enjoyable. with all the goings on im curious to read the holy blood and the holy grail.

mostlyharmless
12-Apr-06, 13:54
see the other thread of a similar name

candyfloss
12-Apr-06, 15:38
I've read the book and thought it was really good,
makes you wonder whats true and whats not.
I can't wait to see the film now

Ricco
12-Apr-06, 15:57
I've just finished a book called The Last Templar, by Raymond Khoury - the guy who wrote the TV series 'Spooks'. Every bit as good as Da Vinci Code. There was another good one as well - Labyrinth, by Kate Mosse. I would recommend both to anyone who enjoyed Da Vinci Code. Can't wait to see the movie!