PDA

View Full Version : Night garden raiders

Lanskee17
20-Oct-09, 01:46
I'm looking for ways to stop the night theft of my garden plants. Security lights only seem to let them see which ones they want. Our dog I'm sure is very obliging and helps the intruder dig them out so come on help me out with suggestions to save MY plants.

Jeid
20-Oct-09, 02:00
A mine field?

Fran
20-Oct-09, 02:03
Get a video recorder camera and catch them at it, hide broken glass around the plants.

Aaldtimer
20-Oct-09, 03:02
I'm looking for ways to stop the night theft of my garden plants. Security lights only seem to let them see which ones they want. Our dog I'm sure is very obliging and helps the intruder dig them out so come on help me out with suggestions to save MY plants.

I think we might have to have a wee bit more info on your problems.
Like, exactly what are the circumstances of these night raids, and which plants are being targetted?
Is it human or animal raiders?
Or maybe you should lay off the Fosters and sit on the verandah with a shotgun! :)

Lanskee17
20-Oct-09, 07:12
I think we might have to have a wee bit more info on your problems.
Like, exactly what are the circumstances of these night raids, and which plants are being targetted?
Is it human or animal raiders?
Or maybe you should lay off the Fosters and sit on the verandah with a shotgun! :)
Not animals unless they have learnt to drive a car. My loved bromeliads so far are the targetted plants.....they are worth a bit at the markets. We have a dumb law here that we cannot hurt the offender even if they are trespassing or we are in more trouble from the law than they are so broken glass is out of the question. Good idea though. A mine field may be just a bit messy....

Kevin Milkins
20-Oct-09, 08:21

You could always move to Wick.;)

upolian
20-Oct-09, 08:23
You could always move to Wick.;)

where nobody is stupid enough to put plants in there garden in the first place[lol]