PDA

View Full Version : Change your clocks. Summertime ends this weekend.

shazzap
19-Oct-09, 22:59
Don't forget clocks go back 1 hour Sunday.

mumof2
19-Oct-09, 23:07
yay extra hour in my bed. lol

Fran
20-Oct-09, 02:05
Dont remind me, its depressing, they should leave the clocks alone. i hate the early long nights, and dont like driving in the dark very much.
Time to get the SAD lamp out .

Metalattakk
20-Oct-09, 03:16
Dont remind me, its depressing, they should leave the clocks alone.

Naw they shouldn't. I don't want kids going to school in the dark.

i hate the early long nights

Says she, posting at five past two in the morning... ? :D

floyed
20-Oct-09, 08:01
I am glad this was posted as i forgot completely:lol:

floyed
20-Oct-09, 08:06
What sunday???? I am confused!!

coppertop 1958
20-Oct-09, 08:08
Clocks go back

'Spring Forward' and 'Fall Back' - that's how to remember when to change the clocks

http://www.crimereduction.homeoffice.gov.uk/seasonal03.htm

Fluff
20-Oct-09, 08:09
Now can someone please remind me, is it done on Sunday morning (so you wake up on Sunday and it has changed) or Monday morning (wake up on Monday and it has changed)?

floyed
20-Oct-09, 08:19
Is it the sonday coming 25th or the sunday past 18th??

BINBOB
20-Oct-09, 15:29
Dont remind me, its depressing, they should leave the clocks alone. i hate the early long nights, and dont like driving in the dark very much.
Time to get the SAD lamp out .

Yes..u are right,Fran....;)

bettedaviseyes
20-Oct-09, 15:51
extra hour in bed :D tho i do get up early:lol: go to work in the dark and come home from work in the dark that's what a hate about the clocks going back [disgust]

Invisible
20-Oct-09, 16:51
Is it the sonday coming 25th or the sunday past 18th??

this Sunday coming - 25th

ShelleyCowie
20-Oct-09, 17:17
aw naw! Thought it was next week!! My OH is working a 12 hour night shift on saturday night so that makes it 13 hours now! Poor thing he is! I will be tucked up in bed! :D

floyed
20-Oct-09, 18:04
this Sunday coming - 25th

Thank you invisible:D

George Brims
21-Oct-09, 18:27
Now can someone please remind me, is it done on Sunday morning (so you wake up on Sunday and it has changed) or Monday morning (wake up on Monday and it has changed)?
It should be done on Sunday morning. That way you avoid doing what my mum once did, turning up for church an hour early and wondering where everyone else is.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Oct-09, 21:53
Summertime has definitily came to an end as ma drookit nose told me after arriving back in the house from collecting the papers and ma fags.On holiday fae work,so I'll benefit fae ma extra hoor in bed on Sunday.Tonight is one aw they nights when ye get rare effect fae a coal fire.RARE!!!:D:D

The Angel Of Death
22-Oct-09, 09:26
The question that has to be asked is did summertime actually start ?

Tristan
23-Oct-09, 22:16
It is that time of year....remember to set your clocks back Saturday night ready for that extra hour on Sunday morning. Sunday 25 October 02:00 BST is the official time for those who are counting.

tonkatojo
23-Oct-09, 22:23
It is that time of year....remember to set your clocks back Saturday night ready for that extra hour on Sunday morning. Sunday 25 October 02:00 BST is the official time for those who are counting.

Is that an American way of saying it, "fall" is their way of expressing autumn.

I usually remember it as forward at the fore end of the year and back at the back end of the year.

are there any other ways of remembering ??.

Tristan
24-Oct-09, 08:33

I usually remember it as forward at the fore end of the year and back at the back end of the year.

In Canada fall and autumn are used interchangeably and it is an easy rhyme to remember.

ciderally
24-Oct-09, 09:34
Summertime has definitily came to an end as ma drookit nose told me after arriving back in the house from collecting the papers and ma fags.On holiday fae work,so I'll benefit fae ma extra hoor in bed on Sunday.Tonight is one aw they nights when ye get rare effect fae a coal fire.RARE!!!:D:D
sat night/sun morn.....

northener
24-Oct-09, 10:38

Just as an aside:

'Fall' is an old English description, it was used commonly in Britain in the C17th but fell out of use. The British in the Colonies kept using the word 'Fall'.

So, if anything (and unusually for the 'Merkins:Razz) they actually are using the correct word!

Phill
24-Oct-09, 21:34
Does this mean it gives the Vampires of Portgower more time to wander in the darkness!!!!
:eek:

Dadie
24-Oct-09, 21:46
Great!
Lauren will be up an hour earlier tommorrow morning (sods law)and I will be stumbling round the house all day not knowing whether the time is right on the clock Im looking at or if it is an hour behind or fast!

It will be dark at night when coming home from work and will soon be dark when going to work....

I hate the clocks jumping forward and back!

mumof2
25-Oct-09, 13:24
i thoroughly enjoyed my extra hour in bed this morning, even kids had a lie in. OH needing the extra time to recover from a rather heavy boozing session ha ha.

ShelleyCowie
25-Oct-09, 13:30
Great!
Lauren will be up an hour earlier tommorrow morning (sods law)and I will be stumbling round the house all day not knowing whether the time is right on the clock Im looking at or if it is an hour behind or fast!

It will be dark at night when coming home from work and will soon be dark when going to work....

I hate the clocks jumping forward and back!

I hate it too!! Didnt matter about Athrun getting up an hour earlier because he decided he wanted to play at 3am! (he chooses to do this once a month) and i only got to bed at 2am. :~(

tonkatojo
25-Oct-09, 13:49
What's every ones thoughts on that comment " Scotland should stay in tundra time while the rest of the UK go onto European time".

Me personally think the BST should stay, no going back and forth UK wide.

sids
31-Oct-09, 17:13
Don't forget to put them back tonight folks!

Spring back, fall forward.

shazzap
31-Oct-09, 17:18

??????????????????:roll:

Invisible
31-Oct-09, 17:24

think your behind the times!

Vistravi
31-Oct-09, 17:53
extra hour in bed tho i do get up early:lol: go to work in the dark and come home from work in the dark that's what a hate about the clocks going back [disgust]

Same here. I despise walking to work and then walking home in the dark. Doesn't help that my shortcut to cut the 2 hour walk home to 1 hour means i have to go through areas such as alongside the canal in the pitch dark. :(

sids
31-Oct-09, 19:19
I'm starting to wonder if it's back or forwards the clocks go tonight. I'd better do both, just to be safe.

Vistravi
31-Oct-09, 19:22
I'm starting to wonder if it's back or forwards the clocks go tonight. I'd better do both, just to be safe.

A week late ;)

Stavro
31-Oct-09, 22:48

The catchphrase is actually "spring forward, fall back."

What is time anyway? :eek:

Kevin Milkins
31-Oct-09, 22:54
A week late ;)

I am a week late, with my vehicle that is. A couple of times this week I have been caught out with the wrong time as I have not worked out (or can't be bothered to change the clock in the vehicle). :confused

Aw well, it'll be right come next spring.:lol:

shazzap
31-Oct-09, 23:56
I am a week late, with my vehicle that is. A couple of times this week I have been caught out with the wrong time as I have not worked out (or can't be bothered to change the clock in the vehicle). :confused

Aw well, it'll be right come next spring.:lol:

I have only just done mine today.