PDA

View Full Version : Blood Donors Thurso - Thursday 22nd Oct

new driver
19-Oct-09, 21:15
Please donate blood at this session.
It doesn't take long.
I'm not allowed this time as I've got a cold.

Thursday - 22 October 2009

14:00 - 16:00
17:00 - 20:00
Royal British Legion Club
Riverside Road Thurso
KW14 8BU

New donors very welcome.
Thanks in advance.

canuck
20-Oct-09, 19:07
Supporting you in this announcement.

smith2585
21-Oct-09, 02:16
does anyone know all reasons for not being allowed to give blood?

I have had transfusions in the past and just wandered if anyone knew anything?

Thanks

spaceddaisy
21-Oct-09, 08:45
Transfusions before 1980 prevent you giving blood.

The rest of the rules are here- http://www.scotblood.co.uk/whoCanDonate.asp

Vistravi
21-Oct-09, 10:26
I usually give blood but can't this time round. my sister doesn't usually have the time to give blood but she is this time round. :)

ShelleyCowie
21-Oct-09, 10:47
They wont take my blood! I was happy to give but unfortunately i cant! :~(

MR_A
21-Oct-09, 10:54
Transfusions before 1980 prevent you giving blood.

The rest of the rules are here- http://www.scotblood.co.uk/whoCanDonate.asp

"If you have received, or think you may have received, a blood transfusion in the UK since 1980"

1980 or later.

Me out!

William
21-Oct-09, 11:53
Do you just pop along any time between the times above?

alanatkie
21-Oct-09, 12:24
Just go along during these times & you get a questionnaire to fill out if it's your first time - if you are ok to give blood then they will take it.

young_fishin_neep
21-Oct-09, 14:30
im dragging mum along, i dont wanna go myself, will be my first time, but used to go with my dad when i was a kid.:D

xx

new driver
21-Oct-09, 22:01
Well done Young Fishin Neep.
Get some of your pals to go along as well, nothing like a bit of moral support your first few times.
It is always heartwarming to see how many young people turn up at the blood donor sessions.
Pick up all the leaflets and learn all about how the blood is processed and used while you wait your turn.
Hopefully once you've donated you will return in future.

golach
21-Oct-09, 22:06
I hope all the nice young volunteers have read the advice of not giving blood If you have had ear /body piercing or a tattoo within the last year.

badger
22-Oct-09, 14:36
I feel so bad that once again I can't give, especially as my blood is a bit rare (blue of course :) ) because I cut my finger a couple of days ago and it hasn't healed. Did phone to check and got a very firm No. There are so many reasons you can't give these days - visit to dentist, cold etc., recent wound. Feel you need to be wrapped in cotton wool for a couple of weeks beforehand.

Ash
22-Oct-09, 15:14
me and OH just back from giving, alot of people there which is good to see :D

Kathy@watten
22-Oct-09, 15:27
How long do you have to wait between donations? I went and gave blood in wick assembly rooms on the 1st of September, can I give again or not?

Ash
22-Oct-09, 16:08
How long do you have to wait between donations? I went and gave blood in wick assembly rooms on the 1st of September, can I give again or not?

im not sure, i dont think you can but dont quote me on that

young_fishin_neep
22-Oct-09, 16:27
I hope all the nice young volunteers have read the advice of not giving blood If you have had ear /body piercing or a tattoo within the last year.

i read that not long after i posted that i would be going, so unfortunatley i cant give this time round as i got 3 tatoos back in feb/march :(.

ill try and stick off the tatoos and hopefully be able to give soon :)

xxxx

Vistravi
22-Oct-09, 16:33
i read that not long after i posted that i would be going, so unfortunatley i cant give this time round as i got 3 tatoos back in feb/march :(.

ill try and stick off the tatoos and hopefully be able to give soon :)

xxxx

I'm the same as i got two in june and july. May be getting another one next june as well as doing my sponspored sky dive in july/august ;)

young_fishin_neep
22-Oct-09, 17:17
good luck with the sky dive!

i will still be going down tonight as will be going with mum after shes done work, will be going just after 7 :D

xx

badger
22-Oct-09, 17:25

That's too soon Kathy - I think it's min. 3 months between sessions.

young_fishin_neep
22-Oct-09, 20:47
aparently they are back in 4 months, will be able to donate then, unfortuntley mum was unable to donate, as she found out after filling out all the paper work. so i shall definatly be making my contribution next time they are here!

x