PDA

View Full Version : Stolen

porshiepoo
19-Oct-09, 09:31
I know we're a long way from where this Great Dane was stolen but you never know where she will surface.
Here's the details and a link to the info with a picture.

7 year old female Harlequin (Black & White) Great Dane stolen on 16th October 2009 at approx 2pm in Canterbury town.
This dog is probably well known in the area as her owner is an 80 year old, severely disabled man that takes her out all the time. (She walks alongside his mobility scooter).
A young fair haired girl of about 18 was seen to be dragging the dog away.
This dog is everything to this guy since his wife died of cancer a few years ago and it goes without saying what the poor man is going through right now.
I believe the bitch is chipped also.

Any info at all please contact the police or email suzettebooth@aol.com

http://www.coppertoxicosis.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14

BINBOB
19-Oct-09, 12:35
Ohh...how awful....poor man,must be distraught.I really hope the dog is soon back home....please let us know.:(

porshiepoo
19-Oct-09, 13:25
Thanks.
The Dane community is hoping so too. We're trying to make this dog too hot to handle. Everyone you can think of has been informed and we have both media and radio coverage hopefully.
Fingers crossed. Her owner is so distraught, bless him. :(

Liz
19-Oct-09, 14:00
This is just so sad!:(

Well done PP and everyone in the Dane community for all you are doing to trace this dog and get her back with her owner where she belongs.

Hope with all my heart she is found safe and well soon.

cuddlepop
19-Oct-09, 14:41
That is just awful,the poor man must be beside himself with worry.:(

Thanks for informing us PP as you just never know where the dog may turn up.

Peachie
19-Oct-09, 15:19
The poor guy. I hope the dog gets home safe and well soon.

unicorn
19-Oct-09, 15:26
I really hope she is found safe and sound, I saw it posted on another forum yesterday so word is most definately spreading and a dane is hardly unnoticable.

BINBOB
19-Oct-09, 15:32
Thanks.
The Dane community is hoping so too. We're trying to make this dog too hot to handle. Everyone you can think of has been informed and we have both media and radio coverage hopefully.
Fingers crossed. Her owner is so distraught, bless him. :(
I hope she is spayed,then will be no use as breeding bitch...so awful...can not stop thinking about them both.:(

Fran
19-Oct-09, 15:45
This has really upset me, poor man, but poor dog, he must be so distressed and puzzled. Hope everyone in britain is looking out for him, dont see many of that breed, he is lovely.

porshiepoo
20-Oct-09, 19:07
BEST NEWS EVER!

Daisy has been found safe and well and is on her way home now. I don't know the circumstances yet, but what fantastic news.

BINBOB
20-Oct-09, 19:24
BEST NEWS EVER!

Daisy has been found safe and well and is on her way home now. I don't know the circumstances yet, but what fantastic news.
OHHH..that is ABSOLUTELY wonderful...............so so happy for the gentleman and dear Daisy.Made my day....please let us know more when u can.Magic.:D:D

Jovi
20-Oct-09, 19:27
Thats wonderful news,no more worrying where his precious best friend is. Relief for the old man, his family and the dog. Brilliant. :lol::lol:

Peachie
20-Oct-09, 19:36
great news, I was playing on the drive with my collie this afternoon and thinking how awful it must be for the poor owner. I bet he's so happy tonight:D

cuddlepop
20-Oct-09, 19:50
Brilliant news so happy for the owner and the dog being reunited.:D

Liz
20-Oct-09, 20:23
What absolutely brilliant news!!!:D:D

Well done to whoever was responsible for this wonderful reunion.

I do love happy endings!:lol:

porshiepoo
20-Oct-09, 21:15
Trying to attach this photo but don't know if it will work. If not, I'll try again.
What a reunion eh!

BINBOB
20-Oct-09, 22:18
What a happy sight.........did the catch the girl???

Thank u...;)

purplelady
20-Oct-09, 22:55
Am so happy for the man and his dog some poeple are so sick it is bad enough doing it to a able bodied person let alone and old man in a wheel chair x

Fran
20-Oct-09, 23:46
That's made my day, what a lot of love in that photoe, so lovely to see. i'm thrilled they are reunited.a reward should be given to whoever made this possible. thanks for sharing it with us.

butterfly
21-Oct-09, 02:28
BEST NEWS EVER!

Thank goodness for that!The owner will be delighted his faithful friend is back where she belongs.:)

porshiepoo
21-Oct-09, 07:54
This is the news that we were given last night.

Early this afternoon Richard ( one of Sharyns drivers ) and others visited a Gypsy Camp 4 miles from Daisy's home ... they spoke to everyone on the site telling them of the old gentleman's plight

Later this afternoon the police recieved an anonomous tip off

As a result Daisy was found at a Gypsy site 20 miles away ... two individuals have been arrested.

I can't even begin to tell you how much our particular Great Dane forum & community pulled together to make this girl too hot.
Everyone did an amazing job and the guys that went and visited the Gypsy site were brave beyond belief.

brandy
21-Oct-09, 10:47
ahh bless the pic with them back together just about broke my heart. how can someone just take a dog like that? i know that its an animal, but to some people they are thier children, and its akin to kidnapping.
bless him, im so glad that he has her back!

Liz
21-Oct-09, 11:32
Trying to attach this photo but don't know if it will work. If not, I'll try again.
What a reunion eh!

Thanks ever so much for letting us have a glimpse of the wonderful reunion between the owner and his beloved dog. Heartwarming!:D

Well done again to everyone in the Dane community for working so hard to make sure this reunion was possible. Restores your faith in humanity!

tonkatojo
21-Oct-09, 11:41
What a great end to such a sad drama :D, that'll be another useless ASBO coming for the crime I expect :(.