PDA

View Full Version : pregnant !!!!!

miss swanson
19-Oct-09, 02:38
just havin a little moan 2 weeks till im due and im so uncomfy and cant sleep how can any1 really enjoy this hehehe

horseman
19-Oct-09, 06:08
Good for you sweety pie,remember my wife in the same place,guess us fellas' drew the long stick in the evolutionary make up.;)
Hope all goes well for you,please keep us all posted.:D

upolian
19-Oct-09, 07:52
was gona say not long now till eh bairns due! hope all is well am sure itl be worth the sleepless nights :D

ShelleyCowie
19-Oct-09, 10:10
Aw such an exciting time eh! :D I went 2 weeks over my due date and it was awful. Enjoy the next 2 weeks. Mine is a year old now and man is he always hyper! He is doin laps round the living room chasing a ball just now! [lol]

LMS
19-Oct-09, 10:23
Lie back (however uncomfy it may be) and enjoy watching what you want, when you want on the TV. Have a bath when you want. Have a snooze when you want. Enjoy the peace and quiet. In a couple of weeks you won't have a moment to yourself, make the most of it now.

telfordstar
19-Oct-09, 10:39
Lie back (however uncomfy it may be) and enjoy watching what you want, when you want on the TV. Have a bath when you want. Have a snooze when you want. Enjoy the peace and quiet. In a couple of weeks you won't have a moment to yourself, make the most of it now.

lol just make her feel worse eh lol

brandy
19-Oct-09, 10:44
*giggles* belive me been there done that! the least of my babies weighed 10lbs 1oz and the most 10lbs 14 ozs
i was the size of a house! *giggles* once i got wedged in the tub and couldnt get out! OH just stood there and laughed at me!
but just think in a couple weeks you will be holding that baby and wondering... omg i made this! nothing better than when you first get to hold them!

DarkAngel
19-Oct-09, 11:25
Oooo i Loved Bein Pregnant!! :D i Had Such An Easy Pregnancy.. No Sickness.. Tiredness.. Cravings.. Nothin.. :D i Was Absolutly MASSIVE tho.. Couldnt Get My Arms Round My Bump i Looked Ridiculous.. And Baby Was Only 6lb!! Lots Of Fluid!
Had a Awful Labour.. 3 Days... 11 Days Over-Due n a Section To End It All Off!! Lol...
Worth The Stretchmarks n My Figure Never Returnin... Wouldnt Change My Kid For The World!
Good Luck! Is This Your 1st..?

miss swanson
19-Oct-09, 11:34
Oooo i Loved Bein Pregnant!! :D i Had Such An Easy Pregnancy.. No Sickness.. Tiredness.. Cravings.. Nothin.. :D i Was Absolutly MASSIVE tho.. Couldnt Get My Arms Round My Bump i Looked Ridiculous.. And Baby Was Only 6lb!! Lots Of Fluid!
Had a Awful Labour.. 3 Days... 11 Days Over-Due n a Section To End It All Off!! Lol...
Worth The Stretchmarks n My Figure Never Returnin... Wouldnt Change My Kid For The World!
Good Luck! Is This Your 1st..?

yea this is my first so im crapin my pants wat makes it worse i dont no wat to expect its pretty scarey MEN!!!!!!!!!!they get off so lightly hehehe

shamrock2007
19-Oct-09, 12:48
Good luck with your new arrival. Never had that with mine my two were both prem so no waiting about for me! Enjoy your time it passes soooo quickly & they are at school before you know it.

DarkAngel
19-Oct-09, 13:20
Good luck with your new arrival. Never had that with mine my two were both prem so no waiting about for me! Enjoy your time it passes soooo quickly & they are at school before you know it.

Time Does Pass So Quickly, Ya Dont Notice It Until Ya Have Kids!

DarkAngel
19-Oct-09, 18:06
yea this is my first so im crapin my pants wat makes it worse i dont no wat to expect its pretty scarey MEN!!!!!!!!!!they get off so lightly hehehe

Oh Yeh Your Right There MEN DO Get Off Lightly!!!:roll:

ShelleyCowie
19-Oct-09, 18:14
Ohh its your first eh! Brilliant! I had an awful pregnancy, hip displacement, SPD and a low placenta. was stuck on crutches for 22 weeks of my pregnancy. Intense physio sessions for months, acid reflux, stretch marks, etc etc etc...

The labour was worse, in labour for a total of 9 days, enduced 3 times. Sent home multiple times from wick hospital on a bus [evil], then eventually got a c-section and came home 2 days later! Demanded to go home cos i was too uncomfortable in there, wanted my own bed.

Every labour is different though, i know this might sound weird but try and enjoy your labour. I enjoyed it for a while until i started gettin mucked around and sent home all the time.

It really is worth it! Trust me! :cool:

DarkAngel
19-Oct-09, 18:33
The labour was worse, in labour for a total of 9 days,
:cool:

9 Days... Oh my days...
Poor Girl.. i thought my 3 days labour n also induced 3 times was awful but that topped mine off...
:lol:

unicorn
19-Oct-09, 18:43
I was 3 days and severe kidney unfection, didn't feel labour pains at all due to kidneys being more painful :eek: 3 days of pethadine [lol]
good luck, I am sure you will be fine, keep us updated :D

DarkAngel
19-Oct-09, 19:18
I was 3 days and severe kidney unfection, didn't feel labour pains at all due to kidneys being more painful :eek: 3 days of pethadine [lol]
good luck, I am sure you will be fine, keep us updated :D

3 days of pethadine... i had 2 days o morphine... Lovely... Lol....

ShelleyCowie
19-Oct-09, 19:23
9 Days... Oh my days...
Poor Girl.. i thought my 3 days labour n also induced 3 times was awful but that topped mine off...
:lol:

yep, 9 days! And to be honest i would do it all over again! :) Not the greatest thing for my first child tho eh! haha!

munron
19-Oct-09, 20:14
Well I never had a single contraction, no matter what they did. Sweeps, two failed inductions and waters broke. Still not even a twinge. Eventually had to come out the sunroof as it wasnt so much I was to posh to push as he was to lazy to leave. He makes up for it now.

So dinna worry about what will be as you will not know until it happens either way. In a way it is just a few moments in time that will be over and then the next phase begins.

katrina
19-Oct-09, 20:55
I would definatley say make the most of the pregnancy and the labour whether it is really good or really bad as it truely is a precious gift to be able to go through and achieve your precious baby at the end:D You will be surprised at how quick you forget about your pain when you have your baby in your arms.

carasmam
19-Oct-09, 21:37
Why do women always start telling you about their horror story labours when you are a fortnight from popping your 1st out :lol:[lol]

As they all said though, it's worth it, so enjoy lying back and eating sweeties while you can :cool:

Korky
19-Oct-09, 21:44
Just to say, i had a reasonably "easy" time giving birth, the first labour was about 3 hours and the second, which i had in the pool, was about an hour, the pool certainly helped with back pain...

Phill
19-Oct-09, 21:58
Pregnant !!!!!!

So how does that 'appen then?

:eek:

mumof2
19-Oct-09, 22:39
good luck with ur new arrival when he/she arrives, i'm sure u'll be fine. but of course i can sympathise with how you're feeling just now. it really can be frustrating not being able to get comfy.hopefully you'll go on your due date.

squidge
19-Oct-09, 22:47
Well it cant be that bad - i just had baby number 5!!!!!!

Three normal deliveries, only one set of stitches, hard work but not terrible, just needed a bit of gas and air - oh and pethidine once too.

Two C-sections one and emergency and one planned. Both were fine, not too scary and everyone was delightful. The spinal didnt hurt me at all adnthis last time i was so well that i had the section on the Friday morning and was home on the sunday afternoon.

My advice???? Relax, listen to your midwives and keep your chin down on your chest when you push!!!!!

And see when you hold that wee bundle - its worth it just for that moment alone and there are millions of lovely moments more to come

Amy-Winehouse
19-Oct-09, 23:26
I liked being pregnant done it twice and would like to have another but cant see it happening lol. I was huge with my first and quite little with my second never really had any problems bar back ache cause i was so fat lol, And to annoy many women out there didnt really think the labour was that bad lol quite enjoyed the drugs lol gas and air is great:D

But i have been told i have quite a high threshold for pain so maybe thats why i didnt think it was that bad lol, Enjoy chilling the baby will be here soon enough and out the window goes the long lies and peace lol well worth it though :D

DarkAngel
20-Oct-09, 15:26
You will be surprised at how quick you forget about your pain when you have your baby in your arms.

That is very very true!

Tom Cornwall
22-Oct-09, 14:18
just havin a little moan 2 weeks till im due and im so uncomfy and cant sleep how can any1 really enjoy this hehehe

I'm not trying to be too critical of the younger generation but as to being pregnant and I see that you're still a 'miss swanson'... is there a 'mister swanson' on the go :) I'm just being nosey

zeppellin
22-Oct-09, 14:26
Ohh its your first eh! Brilliant! I had an awful pregnancy, hip displacement, SPD and a low placenta. was stuck on crutches for 22 weeks of my pregnancy. Intense physio sessions for months, acid reflux, stretch marks, etc etc etc...

The labour was worse, in labour for a total of 9 days, enduced 3 times. Sent home multiple times from wick hospital on a bus [evil], then eventually got a c-section and came home 2 days later! Demanded to go home cos i was too uncomfortable in there, wanted my own bed.

Every labour is different though, i know this might sound weird but try and enjoy your labour. I enjoyed it for a while until i started gettin mucked around and sent home all the time.

It really is worth it! Trust me! :cool:
Please, please, I'm at my lunch and don't need all the gorey details, spare a thought for us poor delicate men, and remember, it's a shared experience between men and women. We have a time of it ourselves, all that abuse and nipping and swearing, (sounds like a typical night on the org.)