PDA

View Full Version : fly tying

boxer
18-Oct-09, 23:43
any 1 do a bit of fly tying

pjyemail
20-Oct-09, 23:47
was just thinking about that, i did a few years ago kit in loft, i was wondering if there was any classes being run in caithness something for the winter months

henry
19-Mar-10, 02:18
I do a lot of fly tying over the year's as I do fly fishing it is good to it is a my hobbie but there are a lot of good book's around that one can get there one and it is good it is thefly-tying bible and it step by step but there are few one can get

northener
24-Mar-10, 21:07
I believe there were night classes in Fly tying a couple of years ago in Wick. Probably worth talking to Hugo Ross for pointers in the right direction.

I've always fancied having ago, another thing on my huge 'to do before I die' list.

henry
08-Apr-10, 20:58
:roll:
I do a lot of fly tying over the year's as I do fly fishing it is good to it is a my hobbie but there are a lot of good book's around that one can get there one and it is good it is thefly-tying bible and it step by step but there are few one can get

here is a little more ,fly fishing & FLY TYING INFORMALION ( VERY GOOD):roll:

ciderally
11-Apr-10, 10:12
ye gods ...done it years ago, as a job .....used to be a few of us up at the airport :)

ciderally
11-Apr-10, 10:14
I've always fancied having ago, another thing on my huge 'to do before I die' list.[/quote] from northerner

your bucket list eh?....wonder what else is on that then....;)

Ricco
13-Apr-10, 07:27
any 1 do a bit of fly tying

I used to years ago. Anything from a size 18 up to salmon flies. There was a book I learned from, but mostly self taught. The difficulty was getting the materials. Haven't done any since 1979.

northener
11-Jun-10, 17:48
I've always fancied having ago, another thing on my huge 'to do before I die' list. from northerner

your bucket list eh?....wonder what else is on that then....;)[/quote]

Only just seen this...you'd be suprised what's on that list:Razz