PDA

View Full Version : Well done STV

Loch not Lock
18-Oct-09, 22:54
Tonight STV showed a 41 year old film while the rest of the UK got a new episode of Doc Martin. Another good reason for voting for Scottish independence???? SNP - ridiculous! I really believe that the General Election result is not yet a foregone conclusion - 1/20 Tories is nonsense. There will be a significant rally from Labour before next May.

Liz
18-Oct-09, 23:11
STV say they are changing their schedule to include more 'local' shows.

What they really mean is they are saving money so cutting a lot of bigger budget programmes!

It is really annoying that we miss a lot of good programmes because of this.

I know you can get them on Sky London but I am happy with Freeview and don't want to pay for programmes which STV always used to broadcast!

Someone should buy them out!

Alan16
18-Oct-09, 23:27
Good Will Hunting is on BBC1 - stop complaining and watch a masterpiece of a film.

Tom Cornwall
18-Oct-09, 23:44
on Sunday evenings, the tv is generally rubbish, so we go to a quiz in our local pub...and enjoy ourselves

Loch not Lock
18-Oct-09, 23:55
on Sunday evenings, the tv is generally rubbish, so we go to a quiz in our local pub...and enjoy ourselves
Quizzes in Norfolk - SCARY!!!!

Kevin Milkins
19-Oct-09, 00:13
It is hard trying to stay ahead of the game with the people that schedule the TV programs up here. I have been starved of any decent coverage of rugby since moving here and this autumn STV start to show the Magners league and although it's a programme put together on the cheap it does show some decent games between the some of the top clubs.

I set my free-view box to record every Sunday session and for no reason it disappears without warning or comment. there was also some good games that followed in the Guinness premiership and that has gone now. :mad:

It's a bit annoying when you settle down to watch your favourite sport or programme and it has been removed without warning.

theone
19-Oct-09, 02:16
This, for me, is an example of the way Scotland is going, and will definately go if we go for independence.

We cannot compete with the big boys.

Ask Rangers or Celtic. They have become mediocre in comparison with teams from the biggest euro nations.

STV can't finance a new drama series. It says it all.

But hey, at least we can paint our faces blue like that great australian, be the nation again and declare our importance to a world which would otherwise fail to see us.

Shabbychic
19-Oct-09, 08:26
This, for me, is an example of the way Scotland is going, and will definately go if we go for independence.

We cannot compete with the big boys.

Ask Rangers or Celtic. They have become mediocre in comparison with teams from the biggest euro nations.

STV can't finance a new drama series. It says it all.

But hey, at least we can paint our faces blue like that great australian, be the nation again and declare our importance to a world which would otherwise fail to see us.

Have you ever considered that perhaps we are in this state because we don't have independance??

Oh, and Mel Gibson is actually American.:)

tonkatojo
19-Oct-09, 11:15
Good Will Hunting is on BBC1 - stop complaining and watch a masterpiece of a film.

I have got to agree with you on this film, I have watched it a few times, brilliant acting/story.

tonkatojo
19-Oct-09, 11:17
It is hard trying to stay ahead of the game with the people that schedule the TV programs up here. I have been starved of any decent coverage of rugby since moving here and this autumn STV start to show the Magners league and although it's a programme put together on the cheap it does show some decent games between the some of the top clubs.

I set my free-view box to record every Sunday session and for no reason it disappears without warning or comment. there was also some good games that followed in the Guinness premiership and that has gone now. :mad:

It's a bit annoying when you settle down to watch your favourite sport or programme and it has been removed without warning.

You think things are bad now wait till salmond converts the BBC Scotland to his version.

Invisible
19-Oct-09, 13:04

our to a quiz in our local flashchat

EDDIE
19-Oct-09, 17:43
Stv relies on income from advertising they dont get money from the tv license