PDA

View Full Version : Transporting large Ebay items from soooth?

daviddd
16-Oct-09, 22:04
I want to buy a foldable bed for my recently-acquired VW bus, but as such items are mostly for sale in England, and hardly anyone offers to deliver by carrier, I'm faced with either driving 600+ miles south to collect (still may be cheaper than buying new but very tedious) or finding a company in Caithness / Highlands that will collect and deliver for me. Any ideas folks?

upolian
16-Oct-09, 22:05
hi there,mackenzie removals can help you out,give them a shout ;)

spurtle
16-Oct-09, 22:07
When we buy such items where delivery is not offered we organise our own carrier to pick up, all they usually mean is they won't organise delivery rather than they won't have a carrier pick it up.E mail them before buying, you will probably find an easy solution.

gunnlass
16-Oct-09, 22:23
I've used Mackenzies removals for that reason and they were very reliable.

emszxr
17-Oct-09, 09:04
mcadie and reeve from orkney too.

jim shoe
17-Oct-09, 12:42
sam at his shop might be able to help he does long distance runs every few weeks

bluechesse
21-Oct-09, 23:54
Try ringing AJG parcels in Inverness for a quote. They will arrange a courier to get it up to the highlands, then take it to Caithness from there themselves. I got them to pick up a bulky and pretty heavy item I purchased off ebay from outside London, and it was a lot cheaper than I had imagined.