PDA

View Full Version : Good Words for Anyone ?

cherokee
16-Oct-09, 21:52
Hey, I'm new here but there seems to be a lot of negative thoughts about people - either on here or elsewhere !!!

Can any of you give a "good word" or be able to say "Well Done" - without causing another "bad thread" ?........

Alan16
16-Oct-09, 21:54
Hey, I'm new here but there seems to be a lot of negative thoughts about people - either on here or elsewhere !!!

Can any of you give a "good word" or be able to say "Well Done" - without causing another "bad thread" ?........

I would, but can't you see? They're out to get me!!! There's one! And another! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :eek:

Jester
16-Oct-09, 21:55
Thankyou to Calterdon in Inverness for fixing my car - wonderful people :cool:

ShelleyCowie
16-Oct-09, 21:58
Well done to me for being me! :D lol

There is alot of positivity on this board, some people may just mis-interprate the meaning of some things. In the recommendations section there are plenty of positive feedback.

Stefan
16-Oct-09, 22:01
There are also lots of people who will send a private message when you ask for advice or post something because they know that posting openly is not always a good idea if you don't want to be criticised.
It's a shame though because lots of people then don't see the advice and have to ask again.
We should be able to share without being exploited.

Leanne
16-Oct-09, 22:08
The compliments tend to go by the "reputation feature". I get a lot of slating from some people but then I get lots of nice personal comments. Seems people are just scared to be nice :(

BINBOB
16-Oct-09, 23:33
I would, but can't you see? They're out to get me!!! There's one! And another! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :eek:

And ME tooooooooooooooooooooooooo[lol]

Stavro
16-Oct-09, 23:42
For Jamie Dyer and his wife Heather for looking after grey and common seals. Caring for the welfare of any creature is very worthwhile and rewarding too. :)

Bazeye
17-Oct-09, 00:22
And ME tooooooooooooooooooooooooo[lol]

Just as well youre not a paranoid, alcoholic optimist, theyd be out to get you a bottle of voddy then.

Alan16
17-Oct-09, 01:09
Just as well youre not a paranoid, alcoholic optimist, theyd be out to get you a bottle of voddy then.

This sounds like they are paying... I'm listening...

crayola
17-Oct-09, 01:13
Do you mean posts like this one (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=603187#post603187)?

joxville
17-Oct-09, 01:14
I love everyone and everyone loves me! :)

I don't have time to hate or dislike anyone, life's too short-enjoy it, have a blast. :D

Alan16
17-Oct-09, 01:17
Do you mean posts like this one (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=603187#post603187)?

Inspector Crayola strikes again. :Razz

Amy-Winehouse
17-Oct-09, 08:36
I had a good meal in the Y-Not on Monday,
Tuesday night I watched a gerat Brad Pitt film
Is that any good for you?

It tends to be on here if the majority dont like what someone has posted, they will come down on you like a ton of bricks(or try) Football forums are much worse & a lot more closer to the bone, there s also a bit more humour there- which wouldnt be deemed as acceptable on here

silverfox57
17-Oct-09, 09:29
hi, like to say a big thank you to balto.
was very helpful,now am very hard working?

Leanne
17-Oct-09, 10:05

No more like this one... http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=86692&highlight=reputation

BINBOB
17-Oct-09, 10:36
Totally teetotal.............apart from sweet champagne on my birthday..........and I actually meant something else by my comment.[lol]:roll:

M R
17-Oct-09, 22:59
If you read through every post, i am sure you would find plenty of threads\posts from folk telling everone how wonderfull certain people\things etc are.

Can't quite see the point in starting a thread like this, been done before, why moan about moaners, just no point, you can't save them...........

End of moan

;)

Oh, thanks to ehhhhhh my girl friend for putting up with me

catran
17-Oct-09, 23:11

Why the question? Some of it is constructive criticism surely not bad bad.

sweetpea
18-Oct-09, 00:44
I will give credit where credit is due. If someone can show they have done everything they can to contribute and do their best then fair dues. I don't believe in false praise, if something is good it will warrant its own good words:)

Invisible
19-Oct-09, 13:34
The compliments tend to go by the "reputation feature". I get a lot of slating from some people but then I get lots of nice personal comments. Seems people are just scared to be nice :(

I agree, good words said in the form of rep.
I would tho say that Sporran has a great talent for poetry, and Joxville has a great talent for sarcasm.

Leanne
19-Oct-09, 16:00
I agree, good words said in the form of rep.
I would tho say that Sporran has a great talent for poetry, and Joxville has a great talent for sarcasm.

There is another with a talent for sarcasm and poetry combined :) You know who you are :)

dragonfly
19-Oct-09, 19:28
I'll say WELL DONE to our son who, just turned 16, started his new job today as an Apprentice Mechanic :Razz

Well done son and hopefully the next 4 years will be as exciting as today ;)

carasmam
20-Oct-09, 22:29
I'll say WELL DONE to our son who, just turned 16, started his new job today as an Apprentice Mechanic

Well done son and hopefully the next 4 years will be as exciting as today ;)

Well done Dragonfly's son - always handy to have a grease monkey in the family ;)

emc246
20-Oct-09, 23:54
Come on now, this isn't a Disney film, this is Caithness.org and their all a bunch of meanies on here lol.

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Oct-09, 01:28
I say thanks for last night.

Margaret M.
21-Oct-09, 13:31
I say thanks for last night.

Was that you? :D

Invisible
21-Oct-09, 13:40
I say thanks to the weather today, the office is nice and quiet, thanks to Mrs Armstrong for letting me buy her phone of her and for all the great hospitality over the years. I could go on but this aint an oscars speach

S&LHEN
21-Oct-09, 14:39
This is a good post very honest and says what alot of people are wanting to say and thinking. people are quick enough to critisize but theres not enough thanking and praising people going about. Seems more so on the org so I try not to post to much anymore coz theres always someone there with there negatives and putting people down.
Lifes worth more than that:)

Well done Cherokee for speaking out:)

cherokee
21-Oct-09, 16:17
Thank you to S&LHEN, also all the other "orgers" who decided to treat this thread as it was meant to be... - a thread thanking/appreciating or to be proud of those whom we know !

Thanks to those who put on a positive post :) and for those who decided to be "picky" and "investigative", and, as I expected those who just wanted to be argumentative as normal - well..........[disgust]

Its Nice To Be Nice - Ain't It.........:)

Fran
22-Oct-09, 02:21
I can give a "good word" to a lot of orgers on here, some i have met some I haven't. The orgers were a great comfort to me nearly 2 years ago when I had tragedy in my life and the ones i have met are really nice helpful people. I can't think of any "bad"ones, and most get on. But we cant all get on all of the time...that would be boring!!!