PDA

View Full Version : American Football at Wembley

skinnydog
16-Oct-09, 20:34
I am looking for 1 ticket for the game on 25 October between New England Patriots and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Ideally near Block 544 but anywhere considered. Thanks.

tonkatojo
16-Oct-09, 20:43
I am looking for 1 ticket for the game on 25 October between New England Patriots and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Ideally near Block 544 but anywhere considered. Thanks.

I really do not see this game taking off here, its like a form of sissy rugby with forward passing allowed and enough protection gear on so they don't get hurt.
And what's all the "HUT HUT" about. ;)

skinnydog
16-Oct-09, 20:57
Honestly - it is not for me. My brother is going to be in London next weekend on business so asked me to do it for him. I am not into all that padding and the huffing and puffing either. Plus, it takes about 10 hours from start to finish.....

Jester
16-Oct-09, 21:22
American Football is superb, you just need to make an effort to understand it.
A game now lasts between 2.5 and 3 hours. A lot less than tennis, golf, snooker and so on.
As for all the padding, it helps prevent serious injuries. However, many people will die and be paralysed each year, through playing the game. Not the game for softies that some think.
A lot of parents in America now push their children towards Football (Soccer) as it is seen as so much safer.

Brizer2k7
17-Oct-09, 19:56
what has this got to do with Caithness sport?

skinnydog
19-Oct-09, 11:22
Sorry - my fault completely. I did not read the bit that said it should be relating to sport in Caithness. I was desperate to source a ticket so tried that section too. Will know for next time.