PDA

View Full Version : Horse transport

Peachie
16-Oct-09, 20:15
Hi all,

Im going to view a horse in inverness on sunday. Not sure how to get it up here if i decided to get him. Does anyone have any number of local transporters and/or idea or cost?
Thank you :)

Kathy@watten
16-Oct-09, 20:41
Try Eric Gillies they are up and down the road all the time, not cheap tho but you can get a shared trip. Another possibility is getting a lift up when someone who has travelled South is coming up, technically they shouldn't take any money as this would mean their travelling would be classed as for gain, but would be nice to ask how much would you (in theory) take for the trip and reinbursing them with a gift of money (cash best)

Peachie
16-Oct-09, 21:02
I called gillies but said they arent that busy up this way at the moment.
might have possible lift for end of next week sorted if if viewing to goes t plan.
I agree cash is best. although tins of roses are on offer at tesco..hmmm...lol

firestone
22-Oct-09, 12:39
Hi

did you take the horse then, and are you still looking for transport to get the animal up from Inverness.

If you PM, me I will take to you about it if you bought the animal

Peachie
22-Oct-09, 15:35
Hi there,

I did buy him:D:D
I've just sent you a p.m

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
22-Oct-09, 16:52
I can vouch for firestone - she's a good hand even with a stressy mare of mine she took to dingwall and transfered to new owner perfectly....

Peachie
22-Oct-09, 20:14
Thats good Keep on truckin, I'd rather use someone whos been recomended, than one I've just got from the internet. Also think its important to support local companys for things like that.:D
I sent a p.m this aft so now waiting for a quote back. I cant wait to get my new boy. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED.....tehehe;)