PDA

View Full Version : Halloween or Christmas

icke
16-Oct-09, 08:23
And I thought i'd seen it all, untill today. D.R.Simpson's in Wick have Halloween stuff in one window and christmas in another. There was a time when we waited one had past before putting up the other. what next? Easter Eggs, after all it's only a little over six months away. For god's sake put things back where they belong.

Venture
16-Oct-09, 08:37
And I thought i'd seen it all, untill today. D.R.Simpson's in Wick have Halloween stuff in one window and christmas in another. There was a time when we waited one had past before putting up the other. what next? Easter Eggs, after all it's only a little over six months away. For god's sake put things back where they belong.

Where have you been? Local supermarkets have had both on their shelves for weeks.

dafi
16-Oct-09, 14:35
They shouldnt be alowed to premote any of it untill at least after the clocks have gone back!!

Ash
16-Oct-09, 14:39
i dont understand why it bothers people soo much, it helps to make me be more organised

in jimbews in thurso the day the xmas stuff went up the poor lassie who was putting stuff out was getting harassed because people were saying it is too early,it isn't her fault its going out but she told them that it is the same time every year

wicker8
16-Oct-09, 14:43
i agree with icke halloween fine but wait till its over then do your xmas window display it puts you off it also looks totally awful two windows in the same shop with different themes

ShelleyCowie
16-Oct-09, 18:47
They are only getting prepared! Christmas is 10 weeks away. Thats not alot of time for some people. Me and my OH have just worked out its going to take us about 8-9 weeks to save for what we need, and thats on a budget! :eek:

Infact, we have been planning for this Christmas for months and months. So bring it on whilst its all cheap before the Christmas rush where all prices go sky high! :cool:

Just wish we still had woolies though, gonna miss it this year big time! :~(

teddybear1873
16-Oct-09, 19:07
They are only getting prepared! Christmas is 10 weeks away. Thats not alot of time for some people. Me and my OH have just worked out its going to take us about 8-9 weeks to save for what we need, and thats on a budget! :eek:

Infact, we have been planning for this Christmas for months and months. So bring it on whilst its all cheap before the Christmas rush where all prices go sky high! :cool:

Just wish we still had woolies though, gonna miss it this year big time! :~(

Its not Woolies Shelley, its WOO WEEES.

Flashman
16-Oct-09, 19:25
Parents throw so much at kids at Christmas now that it defeats the whole point of getting something special which they look back upon and really appreciate.

I have lost count of the amount of parents with young kids saying how they are buying this, then have to buy that and the next and the next they get like loads of presents... its like over dosing them on sweet candy

When I was little in the 80's I got my one big Santa present and that was it, just my smaller presents from relatives then...but I sure did apprieciate that scaletrix set!!

SunnyChick
16-Oct-09, 19:30
My daughter has already started telling me what she wants from all the catalogues which have started arriving through the post! IT'S NUTS!

I can't believe I already have grannies and aunties asking me what the kids want... I don't know what is happening next week.... let alone what's going on in 10 WHOLE WEEKS! Jings Crivens!

I don't like to start prepping until December... yes it's chaos, but it's more fun that way. Diluting it over the space of 10 weeks only detracts from how special it's meant to be.... don't you think?

It's meant to be an exciting, intense, festive season where everyone keeps busy in anticipation of the coming holiday/family gatherings/midwinter festival/eating well and drinking merrily/celebrating.....whatever - it's all good!

Plus..... I also think it's a bit cruel to put kids through 10 weeks of "oh you better be good, cos Santa's watching"!

redeyedtreefrog
16-Oct-09, 19:39
I think mid-October is about right, it's only just over a month before "Christmas" really starts, when the street lights go up and whatnot.

Hibeechick
17-Oct-09, 10:38
I have all my christmas sundries bought and ready for display. Will start putting it out after halloween. Wont do the christmas themed windows until last week in november though.

I have to start early for christmas. Its a chaotic time and I dont get a chance to do last minute shopping so have to have it done before middle of dec. Im sure many others are the same, short of time, aswell as those that cant afford to buy it all at once.

ShelleyCowie
17-Oct-09, 11:30
Parents throw so much at kids at Christmas now that it defeats the whole point of getting something special which they look back upon and really appreciate.

I have lost count of the amount of parents with young kids saying how they are buying this, then have to buy that and the next and the next they get like loads of presents... its like over dosing them on sweet candy

When I was little in the 80's I got my one big Santa present and that was it, just my smaller presents from relatives then...but I sure did apprieciate that scaletrix set!!

In our house we teach to appreciate. Its the way me and my OH were brought up. The 2 older boys will get a main present, then some little things. The youngest still doesnt know what it is so we are still thinking what to get for him.

My daughter has already started telling me what she wants from all the catalogues which have started arriving through the post! IT'S NUTS!

I can't believe I already have grannies and aunties asking me what the kids want... I don't know what is happening next week.... let alone what's going on in 10 WHOLE WEEKS! Jings Crivens!

I don't like to start prepping until December... yes it's chaos, but it's more fun that way. Diluting it over the space of 10 weeks only detracts from how special it's meant to be.... don't you think?

It's meant to be an exciting, intense, festive season where everyone keeps busy in anticipation of the coming holiday/family gatherings/midwinter festival/eating well and drinking merrily/celebrating.....whatever - it's all good!

Plus..... I also think it's a bit cruel to put kids through 10 weeks of "oh you better be good, cos Santa's watching"!

But just think some people need the 10 weeks (at least) to get prepared. I would love to leave it to december but just dont have the luxury of it. I have too much to buy for so many relatives, friends and kids.

Me and my OH have had his 2 boys flick through the argos countless amount of times and folding lots of pages. :roll: They dont look at price, they are still too young to understand that money doesnt grow on trees! [lol]

DarkAngel
17-Oct-09, 20:35
They shouldnt be alowed to premote any of it untill at least after the clocks have gone back!!
And what has that got til do with anything tbh??????