PDA

View Full Version : The most important people in society.

neepnipper
11-Apr-06, 08:34
Just caught the end of an article on GMTV this morning where a woman stated the 3 most important groups in society are;

1: Parents
2: Farmers
3: Teachers

Still pondering over this, what does anyone else think?

Ricco
11-Apr-06, 09:34
Seems OK to me. Parents have children and look after them. Farmers feed us. Teachers help us to become educated and to go on to a better life.

(but then, I'm biased)[lol]

elaine
11-Apr-06, 09:53
But... what about:

1. Power-plant workers
2. Sewage workers
3. Waste disposal workers

I thank my lucky stars for these people!!

willowbankbear
11-Apr-06, 10:00
1.Farmers!
2.Bill gates!
3.Prince Harry & CO[lol]

Naefearjustbeer
11-Apr-06, 10:57
But... what about:

1. Power-plant workers
2. Sewage workers
3. Waste disposal workers

I thank my lucky stars for these people!!

You must be someone who relies on modern conveniences, None of those things are critical for survival. I would say parents are the most important be they natural parents or adopted, A child cannot survive on its own. Your parents are you first teachers and as such should teach you the most important things to lead a good life ie right from wrong and how to look after yourself, if they do this then the school teacher will have a much easier life educating your kids academically instead of attempting to discipline unruly children. If need be your parents could be the producers of food too, Electricity is a nice to have that we in this country are very reliant upon. Many countries do not have this luxury.

Whitewater
11-Apr-06, 11:10
Most important people for our modern day society

1- Parents (no argument here)
2- Waste disposal people (disease and death would be endemic if we did not have them)
3- Farmers & Fishermen (we have to eat)

cuddlepop
11-Apr-06, 12:47
what about doctors and nurses they make us better when we're sick;we cant heal ourself or perform surgery on ourselfs.
Farmers feed us .Parents i agree are the most important people if you have a good one,not every parent is good too their child,just look at the news.[evil]

candyfloss
11-Apr-06, 13:21
I think i would have to say...
1.Your parents (guardians).
2.Doctors & nurses,without them i would'nt be here & a lot of other people.
3.Farmers,without them we would starve

Jeid
11-Apr-06, 13:27
What about barmen, they have an important role in society ;)

phoenix
11-Apr-06, 13:39
Isnt everyone important! :Razz

JAWS
11-Apr-06, 13:46
Undertakers and Grave-diggers.

elaine
11-Apr-06, 14:01
The police

lassieinfife
11-Apr-06, 14:06
I would say each and everyone of us........ everyones job helps someone else.......... cant see that anyone is more important than the person reading this thread[smirk]

scorrie
11-Apr-06, 14:14
Just caught the end of an article on GMTV this morning where a woman stated the 3 most important groups in society are;

1: Parents
2: Farmers
3: Teachers

Still pondering over this, what does anyone else think?

1. Feng Shui advisers
2. Fashion Designers
3. Spin Doctors

That's the three F's covered then ;o)

changilass
11-Apr-06, 17:22
Children, they grow up to be all of the above