PDA

View Full Version : Farriers

windynook
14-Oct-09, 23:00
I will be needing a farrier in soon, I have been on the THE FARRIERS REGISTRATION COUNCIL
and can only find Mr J M Sutherland on there web
site for the whole of Caithness is this correct.

What are his prices like ? Does he have a few people work for him..

topotheuk
14-Oct-09, 23:05
Don't know about him but Nick Crosby from Lairg, Margaret Norquoy from Orkney and Keith Hedley from round about Lairg all come to Caithness. Nick up most weeks, Keith up regularly not sure how often and Margaret I think comes ove once or twice a month. They will all be on the website. Let me know if you need numbers :)

majic
15-Oct-09, 09:01
I will be needing a farrier in soon, I have been on the THE FARRIERS REGISTRATION COUNCIL
and can only find Mr J M Sutherland on there web
site for the whole of Caithness is this correct.

What are his prices like ? Does he have a few people work for him..

If that don or his son i don't think they do it anymore i think don retired and his son works offshore

cameroncara
15-Oct-09, 09:22
Nick is my neighbour and he is usually up on a friday and a Saturday for shoeing in Caithness. his number is 01549 402936, you will get answer phone but leave a message and within a few days a would think he would get back to you. He is down south this week but back at the weekend.

Jovi
15-Oct-09, 09:49
Hi, would highly recommend Nick,turns up when he says he will,is very understanding with youngsters and has been very patient with a difficult mare we have. By the way 'welcome' to Caithness and the forum. :D

topotheuk
15-Oct-09, 10:36
Yes but be prepared for him to talk the hind legs off your donkey, hahaha. where abouts in Scarfskerry are you, I'm just along the road a bit. :) welcome to the area x