PDA

View Full Version : Keeping unwanted dogs/children out my garden

barmar62
14-Oct-09, 19:48
Hi, has anyone got any cheap solutions for keeping unwanted dogs and children out my garden?
I am heartily sick of feeling responsible for children, some as young as 3, who just wonder into my garden, I have a large dog ( he is no deterrant) and have to spend hours looking for him because others leave the gate open. Even my own children's outdoor toys go missing on a regular basis.
I live very near the sea so not much grows, ie holly. I have permission from the council to highten my fence but can't afford to do this effectivly.
Any suggestions?

Stefan
14-Oct-09, 20:08
Pallets.
Cost nothing and you can make any shape or height you want.

Leanne
15-Oct-09, 10:58
You could try a strip of electric tape across the top. Legal as long as you put signs up (they don't hurt as much as you think - think getting a static shock off a tap type pain). It wouldn't stop them coming through the gate though :(. Have you thought of a combination padlock? (give the code to the postie though ;))

BINBOB
05-Nov-09, 23:01
You could try a strip of electric tape across the top. Legal as long as you put signs up (they don't hurt as much as you think - think getting a static shock off a tap type pain). It wouldn't stop them coming through the gate though :(. Have you thought of a combination padlock? (give the code to the postie though ;))

yuk................do not like that idea..............:(

BINBOB
05-Nov-09, 23:02
Hi, has anyone got any cheap solutions for keeping unwanted dogs and children out my garden?
I am heartily sick of feeling responsible for children, some as young as 3, who just wonder into my garden, I have a large dog ( he is no deterrant) and have to spend hours looking for him because others leave the gate open. Even my own children's outdoor toys go missing on a regular basis.
I live very near the sea so not much grows, ie holly. I have permission from the council to highten my fence but can't afford to do this effectivly.
Any suggestions?

Padlock on the gate..............easy solution.Not cruel either!!!:D

Leanne
05-Nov-09, 23:04
yuk................do not like that idea..............:(

What's wrong with that idea? I don't get the yuk...