PDA

View Full Version : Stud puppy????

BINBOB
14-Oct-09, 18:23
Have just heard of someone buying a Stud Puppy...........it is 9 weeks old........he was told thus by a breeder.How can anyone be so gullible??:roll:

egregory
15-Oct-09, 16:58
This may sound strange but we ordered two puppies to breed from and we had to wait 2 1/2 years for them because we picked both parents to enable us to breed the best chocolate labradors we could and believe me they both cost a lot of money, now have reached maturity and are stunning and are the original labs not lab's that have been breed for the longer face. So maybe the person who told you about his dog waited as we did, or maybe the breeder was not honest!!! We have had orders for our puppies for tha last 8 months because people see the quality, or by the way they are also our babies.

BINBOB
15-Oct-09, 17:17
This may sound strange but we ordered two puppies to breed from and we had to wait 2 1/2 years for them because we picked both parents to enable us to breed the best chocolate labradors we could and believe me they both cost a lot of money, now have reached maturity and are stunning and are the original labs not lab's that have been breed for the longer face. So maybe the person who told you about his dog waited as we did, or maybe the breeder was not honest!!! We have had orders for our puppies for tha last 8 months because people see the quality, or by the way they are also our babies.

Well ,u sound like u know what u are doing..but this person has not a clue.U can nevern know if a [any ] puppy will become a stud,not all dogs do.

It is not a lab...but I personally have NEVER known such a title .People do buy older dogs as studs....but not usually a puppy so young.
I personally preferred to go out to my chosen studs and to outbreed as much as possible,to prevent[ hopefully] problems prevalent in my chosen breed.I bno longer breed... and also had waiting lists for my puppies.AS I only bred once a year...that sometimes was loooooooooooooooong wait.Sometimes also,things do go wrong...........;)