PDA

View Full Version : Swimming lessons for teenager

Stefan
13-Oct-09, 15:35
I am looking for a possibility for my 14 year old son to learn swimming. He has slight coordination problems and learning disabilities and is very self conscious about not being able to swim.
I am looking for either group lessons or private tuition.
Any help appreciated.

cuddlepop
13-Oct-09, 16:00
Phone your local pools to see if any of their teachers has experience of teaching someone like your son and see if they are willing if required to go into the pool to demonstrate what they are doing pool side.

Some managers do not allow their staff to do this for obvious reasons but I know if my daughter didnt have a "flexable" swimming teacher she would never have "got it".:)

edayhouse
14-Oct-09, 08:08
I know a couple of people that go to Bettyhill for swimming lessons and they are meant to be great with them - giving a lot of time and attention - i think that you can pay to take part in a class or one on one which may be better for your son.

locini
14-Oct-09, 08:19
Stephan,

I use to coach swimming years ago for the Thurso swimming club, both for young learners then went on to help out with the squads. Quite willing to give him some 1 to 1 if he wants, as want to get back into it myself, too loose the belly!! :Razz

Will speak to you when i get home a week today.