PDA

View Full Version : Blythswood Shoebox Appeal 2009

Julia
12-Oct-09, 10:33
Please consider taking the time this year to fill a shoebox

MAKE SOMEONE SMILE THIS CHRISTMAS!

Instructions:

Find a shoebox. Please select a standard sized shoebox as it makes the distribution difficult if the boxes are not of a consistent size. Decide to fill it for a child, a teenager, a man or a woman.
Wrap your box and lid separately so that the lid can be removed without tearing the paper (see diagram)
Gather the items and pack them into the box.
Remember that any goods disallowed by customs will be removed. No foods are permitted apart from sweets. (but no loose sweets or lollies are allowed or individually purchases sweets made up into little bags). All sweets must display a “best before” date which should be no earlier than March 2010.
On the checklist, tick the items you have put in your shoebox and note any that are not on the list.
Secure the ticked checklist (http://www.blythswood.org/cmsfiles/files/shoeboxAppeal/shoebox_2009/checklist.jpg) to the outside of the shoebox lid using sticky tape. Detach the donation envelope as instructed and place inside your shoebox.

It costs us £2 to send each box abroad. We would welcome donations towards this. Donations can also be make online at www.shoeboxappeal.org/donate If you would like to request the leaflet, it contains a donation envelope and form that enables us to reclaim tax under the Gift Aid Scheme. Or, if you prefer, please place your donation in a sealed envelope and mark it DONATION and add your name, address and contact details. Please place completed envelopes inside your box.
Secure the lid with rubber bands. Custom regulations require Blythswood Care to check the contents of your box.
Deliver your box to your local collection point.

PLEASE NOTE : For Christmas Delivery, your shoebox should be with us no later than Friday 6 November.

http://www.blythswood.org/cmsfiles/images/shoebox/2007/wrap_parcel.jpg

jings00
12-Oct-09, 12:20
thanks for that......I was just thinking it was about that time again.

sms
12-Oct-09, 13:38
I have already done a shoe box and handed it in to the primary school in middle of doing a second one.

Kodiak
12-Oct-09, 15:33
Deliver your box to your local collection point.

Where are the collection Points or where can you find out where they are.

Julia
12-Oct-09, 16:50
Local collections points are any Blythswood charity shops, the depot at Evanton or Round Scotland collection trucks (0845 4569460)

Kodiak
12-Oct-09, 17:06
Local collections points are any Blythswood charity shops, the depot at Evanton or Round Scotland collection trucks (0845 4569460)

Not much good to me then as I live in Thurso and there is no Blythswood Charity Shop in Thurso.

Don't they have any form of Collection point in Thurso?

Hoida
12-Oct-09, 18:00
The Blythswood van is in Thurso at the Riverside carpark across from scout hall I think it is 2nd Friday of month in the morning. The Good news bookshop in Princes Street used to have a list of dates it visited Thurso.