PDA

View Full Version : mobile breast screening unit????

BINBOB
11-Oct-09, 15:25
Is there such a thing as a mobile breast screening unit up here???
Last had a check done 5 years ago.........so was wondering if.when I would be likely to be invited for another.Thank u,in advance.;)

tartanyorkie
11-Oct-09, 15:39
Yes, there is one though I do not know how often it comes up. I think it must be well over a year since it was here when I went.

Scunner
11-Oct-09, 15:59
Ask your GP or their receptionist. I'm sure they will be able to tell you

BINBOB
11-Oct-09, 16:05
Thank u both very much...will call surgery tomorrow.;)

cazmanian_minx
11-Oct-09, 16:55
Think you may have just missed it - it was at Armadale a few weeks ago.

Gronnuck
11-Oct-09, 17:05
Think you may have just missed it - it was at Armadale a few weeks ago.

If this is the case then it might be an idea to get the Unit's timetable so it's next visit can be advertised more widely.

Lavenderblue2
11-Oct-09, 17:20
Is there such a thing as a mobile breast screening unit up here???
Last had a check done 5 years ago.........so was wondering if.when I would be likely to be invited for another.Thank u,in advance.;)

I think it should be every two or three years.
If you have been screened before then the best place to contact is the Breast Screening Unit at Raigmore Hospital, they will be able to tell you when you'll be seen again.
Good luck.

BINBOB
11-Oct-09, 17:32
I think it should be every two or three years.
If you have been screened before then the best place to contact is the Breast Screening Unit at Raigmore Hospital, they will be able to tell you when you'll be seen again.
Good luck.

I was screened in moray 5 years ago and really thought that I would have been invited by now...been up here for 2 years.
thank u.;)

BINBOB
11-Oct-09, 17:33
If this is the case then it might be an idea to get the Unit's timetable so it's next visit can be advertised more widely.

Yes..that would be very helpful...........;)

Hoida
11-Oct-09, 18:43
you should have it done every 3 years give or take a month It was up west in September Ihave always had appointments sent every 3 years

BINBOB
11-Oct-09, 20:45
you should have it done every 3 years give or take a month It was up west in September Ihave always had appointments sent every 3 years

Thanks ..I do not think I am in their system,but will work on it tomorrow.

Fran
12-Oct-09, 00:50
It is usually advertised in the local papers. Phone the clinic at Raigmore hospital, they can tell you when and where it will be next.

BINBOB
12-Oct-09, 10:31
It is usually advertised in the local papers. Phone the clinic at Raigmore hospital, they can tell you when and where it will be next.

Thanks ,Fran...just been in touch with Raigmore and I will be called in April 2010.

Thanx ,everyone.;)

Liz
12-Oct-09, 12:01
Thanks ,Fran...just been in touch with Raigmore and I will be called in April 2010.

Thanx ,everyone.;)

Is that when it comes to Wick Binbob. I should have to go then.

BINBOB
12-Oct-09, 12:06
Is that when it comes to Wick Binbob. I should have to go then.

Not sure where it will be placed,Liz...they know I am near Thurso.
It might be worthwhile checking.Hope u are well.;)

Liz
12-Oct-09, 12:28
Okay thanks I will check. xx

Fran
13-Oct-09, 00:16
The mobile unit is usually placed at the medical centres.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Oct-09, 12:25
I heard that there is a helpline for breast screening.

Ye phone the number and the automated message says if ye want a breast examination.Press one.

Then the automated message says,"now press the other."

*windy bushes going across the road*

okay I'm away to hide in the coal bunker;)

Lavenderblue2
13-Oct-09, 16:24
OK, you can get out of the coalbunker - what are you like Cedric - you nearly had me fooled into thinking there WAS a new helpline....:lol: