PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Guardian Angels?

crayola
11-Oct-09, 01:44
This poll is inspired by the discussion on another thread some time ago.

Do you believe in Guardian Angels?

scorrie
11-Oct-09, 01:47
This poll is inspired by the discussion on another thread some time ago.

Do you believe in Guardian Angels?

Telegraph Fairies seem more prevalent ;)

Alan16
11-Oct-09, 02:27
Telegraph Fairies seem more prevalent ;)

Ha... That can only Herald similar jokes. Anyway, as an an Observer, I can confirm that The Sun has gone down, and The Times has come for me to go to sleep. However, before I go, I feel I should tell you, The People, that the Evening Standard amount of alcohol consumed in uni accommodation this evening is a new Daily Record.

Impressive.

brandy
11-Oct-09, 06:46
simply, yes

silverfox57
11-Oct-09, 07:00
yes .and yet the polls keep on coming?

Ricco
11-Oct-09, 10:28
Definitely - saved my life once.

ciderally
11-Oct-09, 10:53
for sure....xxxx

Liz
11-Oct-09, 12:29
Definitely - saved my life once.

Tell us more Ricco.

I believe in Angels as well.

joxville
11-Oct-09, 12:46
I must have a guardian angel because I've not been banned from here yet. ;)

Vistravi
11-Oct-09, 12:59
Like to think I do have a guardian angel but i haven't seen any evidence to back it up yet.

Vistravi
11-Oct-09, 13:03
You're a pollaholic crayola ;):lol:

Scorpio12thNov
11-Oct-09, 13:21
Yes I do believe in "Guardian Angels". Although I'd call them a "Spiritual Guide" before I'd call them Angel's.

If one is in tune with one selve, by being open minded & taking in the Five Elements, then they are likely to come in tune with their Spiritual Guide. Being narrow minded can detour us from our true path...

redeyedtreefrog
11-Oct-09, 13:31
If one is in tune with one selve, by being open minded & taking in the Five Elements, then they are likely to come in tune with their Spiritual Guide. Being narrow minded can detour us from our true path...

But if you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out.

Scorpio12thNov
11-Oct-09, 13:39

My Guardian Angel will catch it:Razz

crayola
11-Oct-09, 13:43
Yes I do believe in "Guardian Angels". Although I'd call them a "Spiritual Guide" before I'd call them Angel's.

Can you elaborate, especially with regards to the Five Elements?

Scorpio12thNov
11-Oct-09, 14:14
Can you elaborate, especially with regards to the Five Elements?

Earth, Fire, Air, Water & Spirit

These are the traditional five elements. The first four elements compose the final element...us

The 'fifth element' of Spirit represents the uplifting principles of consciousness and the soul, without which the four traditional elements of Fire, Water, Earth and Air would remain simply elemental building blocks, but with which the four are combined to create life. In scientific terms, the four elements represent the states of matter - Earth for solid, Water for liquid, Air for gas, and Fire for plasma, but the fifth element of Spirit alone represents nothing in Nature which can be seen or touched, but that energy which can only be known by experience or feeling.

Basically this is NOT our planet, we have to follow Mother Nature's natural flow in order to get the most from life...& if you do some weird & wonderful things start to happen:Razz

Mystical Potato Head
11-Oct-09, 14:32
The 5th element of spirit can be seen and touched.12 y.o Highland Park gives you that feeling which can only be known by experience. :lol:

Alan16
11-Oct-09, 16:02

If I said "Take My Wife" I'm assuming you'd understand, yes?

horseman
11-Oct-09, 17:34
The 5th element of spirit can be seen and touched.12 y.o Highland Park gives you that feeling which can only be known by experience. :lol:

Devil take ye' but what a way to go;)

cuddlepop
11-Oct-09, 17:35
Yes and mine saved my life when I got into difficulty swimming out of my depth.I managed to find some rocks that I could put my feet down on.:D

crayola
11-Oct-09, 19:01
Earth, Fire, Air, Water & Spirit

These are the traditional five elements. The first four elements compose the final element...us

The 'fifth element' of Spirit represents the uplifting principles of consciousness and the soul, without which the four traditional elements of Fire, Water, Earth and Air would remain simply elemental building blocks, but with which the four are combined to create life. In scientific terms, the four elements represent the states of matter - Earth for solid, Water for liquid, Air for gas, and Fire for plasma, but the fifth element of Spirit alone represents nothing in Nature which can be seen or touched, but that energy which can only be known by experience or feeling.

Basically this is NOT our planet, we have to follow Mother Nature's natural flow in order to get the most from life...& if you do some weird & wonderful things start to happen:Razz
I'm still not sure where you're coming from but it seems not to be from the Chinese direction. Are you a traditional Pagan or a follower of the Tarot/Astrology side?

purplelady
11-Oct-09, 19:10
yes i have one too have been told on many occasions not sure she has ever saved my life but i know she has been around , one occasion was when i nearly died having my son who is now 13 i know she was with me then xxxx

WickWitch
11-Oct-09, 19:46
Yes I have and he has quite a difficult job!

Stavro
11-Oct-09, 21:14

Is this "Spiritual Guide" what is referred to in the New Testament as the "Holy Spirit," or "Councillor"?

ShelleyCowie
11-Oct-09, 23:05
I dont, i believe that everything i have done in life its been led by me. If i had a guardian angel then it sure must be a lazy one! :confused

For others who do believe then thats fine. I believe in the boogie man! :Razz He is awsome, drinks coffee and eats loads! Good fella really.

So we can each believe in our own things.

crayola
13-Oct-09, 00:03
Almost 50% have voted for 'Yes and I know I have my own Guardian Angel' and about 55% in total voted for one or other of the 'yes' options. I didn't expect that.

Metalattakk
13-Oct-09, 00:05
Almost 50% have voted for 'Yes and I know I have my own Guardian Angel' and about 55% in total voted for one or other of the 'yes' options. I didn't expect that.

Oh but you should have. You know the demographic in these parts well enough. ;)

crayola
13-Oct-09, 00:10
The overall 'yes' doesn't surprise me but almost 50% have voted for the stronger of the two options. This includes the word 'know' and that's what surprised me. Maybe it shouldn't have.......

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Oct-09, 21:22
Yes I have a guardian angel.I know I do because we blether every day.There's no such thing as a pointless crayola poll,because ye keep them coming.:D

katarina
15-Oct-09, 13:43
I would like to think we have, then I ask myself, where was Madeline McCann´s guardian angel? and all those others in her position?

Fran
16-Oct-09, 00:06
I am reading 2 excellent books about angels........An angel held my hand.....andan angel by my side..... both by jacky newcomb, inspiring true stories of the aFTERLIFE.

Nacho
16-Oct-09, 00:24
I would like to think we have, then I ask myself, where was Madeline McCann´s guardian angel? and all those others in her position?

mmmm.... that's mistaking a guardian angel for parental responsibility surely ?

not sure if the court would accept your plea of 'i thought the guardian angel was watchin ma kids while i was in the pub' ...

we all need to believe in someone , it ain't god and it ain't angels .... it's ourselves ... the only modern miracles occur with human intervention.

.... sorry, it ain't romantic, but our saviours are human .....

oldmarine
16-Oct-09, 06:42
I like to think I have a Guardian Angel. I have to give credit to someone who brought me safely through WW2.

crayola
17-Oct-09, 00:11
I am reading 2 excellent books about angels........An angel held my hand.....andan angel by my side..... both by jacky newcomb, inspiring true stories of the aFTERLIFE.
How can you tell they are true stories? Couldn't she have just made them up to sell her books or just be deluded?

Whitewater
17-Oct-09, 00:40
My wife most certainly has a Guardian Angel, we have had some proof of that in this life, and she is convinced. I'm not too sure if I have, but I think something is looking after me, I have been involved in some pretty horrendous things during my life and have managed to get through it all unscathed. In my days as a youth-group leader, something/somebody was definitely looking after me and my boys, I always worried about my boys when they were off on dangerous adventures and expeditions, always had them well trained, and they always returned safely. But you need more than good training, there are too many unexpected and accounted for things which can happen, and all your training can just go out the window.

crayola
17-Oct-09, 00:42
My wife most certainly has a Guardian Angel, we have had some proof of that in this life, and she is convinced.What makes you say that and what proof do you have? :confused

Whitewater
17-Oct-09, 00:50
Let me just say that she came through an experience where normally she would be dead, she also used to go to various fortune tellers, they always said somebody was with her or looking after her, the fortune tellers always gave this person the same name. 'Mary' Could be just a con but at that time it was too consistant.

crayola
07-Nov-09, 02:53
Thanks for your reply. I understand your reasoning.

Ricco
07-Nov-09, 21:55

A difficult one to answer. We would obviously not want our GAs butting in all the time when we fail to take care of ourselves - "infringement of our free rights" I hear the cry. I.n my case I had got into difficulty saving someone's life and perhaps mine intervened because of that. I will never know the reason and am simply very grateful. Would I still take that risk again? Of course, a child's life was at stake

trix
10-Nov-09, 00:42
i do hev a guardian angel, albeit she has bin on 'e missin list of late!! i suppose wur all due a break sometime tho...

on seturday i wis a bit doon (cryin) :~( an before i got ready til go oot, i thot i wid ask ma angel for a sign, somethin oot o' 'e ordinary. somethin so that i would know that she wis wi me, gien me support and helpin me til overcome.

so, here i am, lyin in ma beid, ma tears trippin me. i said oot loud, ''where is ma angel, is she here? am needin some support here...gie me a sign that yer wi me, an no off somewhere''

anyway, i lay on ma beid deid still...waitin...lookin aboot...all intense....waitin....

nothin.

so feelin totally abandoned, i got oot ma beid an heided for 'e shower. when i put ma hand oot for 'e soap i nearly chumpt oot ma skin!!

i hed a bright green elastic band roond ma wrist :eek: that defo wisna there before. i hed choost went roond ma whole bottom landin on ma hand an knees, jamy airms all rolled up wi ma hands in a basin o' water, washin skirtin boards...i think i wid o' noticed.

i da ken far 'at elastic band came fie but i laughed oot loud, ma tears forgotten....went oot an hed a brilliant nite ;)