PDA

View Full Version : Community council in Caithness

Mr P Cannop
16-Jan-04, 21:56
would any one else like top see new message boards set up for this ?? with Minutes and news about the Community Councils in caithness ??

daviddd
16-Jan-04, 22:32
yes, good idea. Maybe try and get the councillors online too :roll:

Mr P Cannop
16-Jan-04, 22:38
ask bill, colin and the crew for this ??

Mr P Cannop
17-Jan-04, 11:23
I think this will be good for the community and put the community councils in caithness on the caithness map ?? bill, colin and the web team should be thinking of setting up new message bnoards for this ??

Anonymous
17-Jan-04, 11:48
If anyone from any of the Caithnesss Community councils are interested in this idea, let me know and I'd be happy to come along and talk about what could be done...

Mr P Cannop
17-Jan-04, 11:56
not sure if any of the Community councils have email ??

A_Usher
17-Jan-04, 12:44
Excellent idea Paul and one i have mentioned to the Dunbeath Community Council in the past.

In fact i am setting up www.dunbeath.net as a local site and with a section set out especially for community council minutes etc.

Regards,

Andrew Usher
www.andrewusher.com

Anonymous
17-Jan-04, 15:50
I know its a bit of a cop-out solution, but I always thought that a system of forums like this one could be used for all the community councils. That way everyone could help each other out in the running of the boards. This forum system provides multiple levels of access and allows for hidden sections and content to be lifted to other sites.

My thoughts were that each community council could have its own set of forums with sections for minutes, sections where information can be posted for members only, ie, unproposed minutes, meeting notes, whatever and a section for public discussion or suggestions.

This is something I'd be happy to set up here (in a completely seperate forum and database) but other than technical support on the site, we would not have time to moderate it. So someone would be required to do this either for all the councils or a group of people from the communities(?), not sure. Minutes secretaries are most likely in a good position to do this and with things being online, it might actually be cost effective in the savings made not posting out minutes and agendas to everyone (at least everyone thats online)

Discuss.... ?;o)

A_Usher
17-Jan-04, 16:03
Hi Niall,
Does sound like a reasonable idea. I think lybster have their own website, or where looking to set it up, as i had spoken about it with them. I guess it will be down to individual community councils to decide what they want.

I would imagine a few might want to be tied into their own community websites if they are available, and some might like the idea you have proposed. I guess a lot might come down to time with them being voluntary positions.

Ill ask Dunbeath what they want, i have been meaning to put together dunbeath.net and org for a few years now, but never found the time. I do a lot of business in the states and i am looking at ways of bringing more through traffic to Dunbeath, for the purpose of business to local businesses and hence will look to develop dunbeath.net with that in mind, but i am more than happy to provide the community council an area on my site or assist them with hooking up with caithness.org, or if they wish both.

Regards to all,
Andrew
www.andrewusher.com

Mr P Cannop
17-Jan-04, 16:28
I know its a bit of a cop-out solution, but I always thought that a system of forums like this one could be used for all the community councils. That way everyone could help each other out in the running of the boards. This forum system provides multiple levels of access and allows for hidden sections and content to be lifted to other sites.

My thoughts were that each community council could have its own set of forums with sections for minutes, sections where information can be posted for members only, ie, unproposed minutes, meeting notes, whatever and a section for public discussion or suggestions.

This is something I'd be happy to set up here (in a completely seperate forum and database) but other than technical support on the site, we would not have time to moderate it. So someone would be required to do this either for all the councils or a group of people from the communities(?), not sure. Minutes secretaries are most likely in a good position to do this and with things being online, it might actually be cost effective in the savings made not posting out minutes and agendas to everyone (at least everyone thats online)

Discuss.... ?;o)

could i help with this Niall ??

Mr P Cannop
17-Jan-04, 17:54
i will moderate the new message boards naill ??

Mr P Cannop
18-Jan-04, 00:25
there should be more news about the Community councils in Caithness so come on folks

Mr P Cannop
18-Jan-04, 00:39
if you all want it ask the caithness team to help set up the message boards and i will help man the message boards

Mr P Cannop
18-Jan-04, 10:37
do you all want new message boards or not for the Community Councils in Caithness ??

Mr P Cannop
18-Jan-04, 10:41
do you all want new message boards for the community councils in Caithness or not ?? if so ask for them so come on ??

Caledonia
19-Jan-04, 02:12
Okay, okay!

You can sort out the Stroma Community Council website for us.

Bleating well don't fleece us though, or you'll be baa-rred from Stromaa-a-a-a-a-a!

Posted on behalf of A. Lamb.

:)