PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper

redeyedtreefrog
10-Oct-09, 20:58
Which do you read? I get all my news from the Interwebs, mainly the Guardian. I do not wear sandals.

Vistravi
10-Oct-09, 21:12
Well seeing as you're asking i don't actually read papers. I only read the inverness herald that i get free through the door every week. Found some very interesting stuff in it. I also buy the inverness highland news occasionally, it helped me find our new flat!
Both very thin papers so not killing a tree just to make one such as what the sunday times is like most of the time ;)

teddybear1873
10-Oct-09, 21:22
None, the newspaper is a thing of the past. I better not tell them that, as I work for a newspaper firm.

Kodiak
10-Oct-09, 22:07
Not another Usless Poll, what difference does this make, none unless you are a Newspaper Publisher.

Vistravi
10-Oct-09, 22:12
None, the newspaper is a thing of the past. I better not tell them that, as I work for a newspaper firm.

I used to work with newspapers like yourself. I thought it was ridiculous the amount of papers you get and what rubbish you get in them. I think any important news can either be seen on the news or online.
I like the one i get free through my door every week as it gives you the basic headlines as to what is happening in ness and you can choose to go and look online to read about it if you want to. I like the paper for its business sections. it's been brilliant for finding services or potential hobbies. It's only ever 6 pages thick.

peedie man
10-Oct-09, 22:37
i think the main paper for local news is the press and journal

Gizmo
10-Oct-09, 23:15
Just the local papers for me, everything else can be read online for free.

MrsK
11-Oct-09, 14:00
No Scotsman?

No P&J?

No Groat or Courier?

Where do you live, Froggy?

redeyedtreefrog
11-Oct-09, 14:34
No Scotsman?

No P&J?

No Groat or Courier?

Where do you live, Froggy?

Forgot about the Scotsman, but I thought I wouldnt incude local papers, only nationals...

crayola
11-Oct-09, 14:53
You missed the Scotsman, the Press & Journal and the Daily Mail. They are more widely read than most of the ones you included.

Which newspaper do you read?
(http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=31011)

horseman
11-Oct-09, 17:53
Aye babs' there is an agenda in there:)

Jester
11-Oct-09, 18:04
Forgot about the Scotsman, but I thought I wouldnt incude local papers, only nationals...

I think your poll should have reflected this :roll:
What you meant to ask was 'What National newspaper do you read?' :D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Oct-09, 12:41
I read the Daily Mail,its full of riveting essay's and articles of knowledge.Its all written in the English that has provoked my interest over the years.They don't really write about celebrity diddies which is very refreshing.

Talking about diddies.In those rubbish papers such as The Sun or The Star,ye only get two diddies on page Three,sometimes four.In the Daily Mail political page ye get many,many diddies.Hoorah!!:lol: