PDA

View Full Version : Dead Cat in Henderson street

Ali
10-Apr-06, 10:39
We have found a dead cat behind our building in Henderson street Thurso, Its a ginger and white cat with a yellow and black spotted collar with a bell.
Possibly been a hit and run??

If anybody wants to take their pet away give Wicksy a phone on 01847 891685.
If we hear nothing by end of the day we will dispose of it.
Whats the best way to dispose?

Ali

Julia
10-Apr-06, 15:48
The only think I'd recommend for the poor cat would be to bury it.

Gleber2
10-Apr-06, 17:05
We have found a dead cat behind our building in Henderson street Thurso, Its a ginger and white cat with a yellow and black spotted collar with a bell.
Possibly been a hit and run??

If anybody wants to take their pet away give Wicksy a phone on 01847 891685.
If we hear nothing by end of the day we will dispose of it.
Whats the best way to dispose?

Ali

Send it to DW. He deserves it.:lol:

Shadow
10-Apr-06, 18:16

Don't punish the poor thing anymore! Has it not already been through enough already?

I'm really sorry to hear about the cat though, and for the owners. There are far too many irresponsible people on the roads:(

Gleber2
10-Apr-06, 18:19
Don't punish the poor thing anymore! Has it not already been through enough already?

I'm really sorry to hear about the cat though, and for the owners. There are far too many irresponsible people on the roads:(

Point taken!!!!!!

Ali
10-Apr-06, 18:45
Didnt do anything about disposing yet, my guys left it where they found it lying. Its a bonny wee cat. Shame.
Do I call the rspca to take it away? I dont have anywhere to bury it and dont really want to put in skip in a bag!!
Surely somebody must be missing the cat??

Al

Liz
10-Apr-06, 19:00
Ali have you tried contacting the Vets as I'm sure they would take the cat from you and they would also be able to scan it incase it is chipped.

If not I'm sure the SSPCA will help if you give them a call.
As it is wearing a collar I would think it does have an owner.

DW
10-Apr-06, 20:05

It would be a catastrophe!:o

Gleber2
10-Apr-06, 20:23
It would be a catastrophe!:o

I would have used a catapult to send it. DW you'd better watch yourself, I believe they've all clubbed together and bought a Catling Gun to remove us with.

unicorn
10-Apr-06, 20:31
I have enjoyed this forum for years but sadly I am reaching a point where I just cannot stomach it any more, I am ashamed to see so many heartless people who are fellow Caithnesians. :( This is not a post for debate, I just wanted to speak my mind.

DW
10-Apr-06, 20:33
I would have used a catapult to send it. DW you'd better watch yourself, I believe they've all clubbed together and bought a Catling Gun to remove us with.
Cataclysmic caterers Batman!

knightofeth
10-Apr-06, 20:43
I have enjoyed this forum for years but sadly I am reaching a point where I just cannot stomach it any more, I am ashamed to see so many heartless people who are fellow Caithnesians. :( This is not a post for debate, I just wanted to speak my mind.

I agree with this, dead animals are not a joke. Why do certain people think they are?

krieve
10-Apr-06, 20:52
I think certain people should grow up! What is funny about someones dead pet .

phoenix
10-Apr-06, 21:02
We lost our dog a couple of weeks ago as some of you know......were still greetin over her! :( I personally found a lot of comfort in the messages that people took time to post on this forum! In saying that I would be prefer to be in the company of animals be it dogs, cats, birds etc than some of the insensitive morons on here! [disgust]

DW
10-Apr-06, 21:21
I agree with this, dead animals are not a joke.

Perspective required here - try this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4395525.stm

scorrie
10-Apr-06, 21:27
I think certain people should grow up! What is funny about someones dead pet .

Some people will never grow up, they are filled with a largely self-inflated opinion of themselves, when the truth is that they are tedious half-wits. I have analysed the posts and concluded that they are the classic workings of an attention-seeker who has found a way to get a response that their otherwise poor skills is incapable of achieving. The good news is that help is available, the bad news is that most sufferers are incapable of taking that vital first step, which is "hello, my name is Ringo and I am an aerosol"

unicorn
10-Apr-06, 21:28
Perspective required here - try this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4395525.stm
I have plenty of perspective and it doesn't give me the right to make a joke of as many threads as possible on this forum, if I wish to see this attitude I will go back to school and step into the playground. We all like fun and a joke but most people know when to back off when they are obviously causing ill feeling but others just don't know when to quit and be grown up. I am beyond caring if I get banned for speaking my mind, the belittling attitude is ridiculous.

DW
10-Apr-06, 21:38
I have analysed the posts and concluded that they are the classic workings of an attention-seeker
I do so love the rantings of a closet psychologist - " I have analysed....... ", oooooooooohhh:Razz

knightofeth
10-Apr-06, 21:42

What has that got to do with this thread, at all!? Yes, that is much more terrible than a dead cat, imho, but neither are funny. Are they?
Anyway I digress, Ali, did you find the owner of the cat? Personally, I think I would just bury it :( Sad, but what else can you do?

Ali
10-Apr-06, 21:48
Guys and Gals,
All I wanted was to possibly set some poor cat owners mind at rest, it'll be upsetting but at least its found,
I am getting rather peed off with starting a thread about one thing and it turning into a debate or a slagging match.
I'll try the vets tomorrow when I get a minute to see if its chipped.
If this tittle tattle keeps up there'll be nobody left on this site but the moaners and groaners !!

So the moral o the story is :

STICK TO THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD !!!!

ice box
10-Apr-06, 23:31
Some people have no thought for others. How would you like it if someone had killed your pet and left it for dead then came on here and had a laugh about it. I just had some bad news today we lost a close family member and aim disgusted at the people on this forum that just want to take the mickey out of dead animal or humans. It all the same too me they all have feelings. But it seem to me that somebody hasn't got any feeling or consideration others and shouldn't be in the profession that there are in with this attitude.

Liz
10-Apr-06, 23:37
So sorry for your loss Icebox.

Afraid there are some twisted minds who seem to find some sick pleasure in the misfortunes of others.

Still am sure the majority of orgers are decent, thoughtful people who are being overshawdowed by a few idiots.

DW
10-Apr-06, 23:48
Some people have no thought for others. How would you like it if someone had killed your pet and left it for dead then came on here and had a laugh about it. I just had some bad news today we lost a close family member and aim disgusted at the people on this forum that just want to take the mickey out of dead animal or humans. .

Woah woah, what's goin' on here?

Now, just because of a couple of misplaced puns, you say we like laughing at dead humans.

I think there are some people who really need to get a grip around here and start chilling. This is just getting daft.

I'll soon be responsible for the dead in Iraq, Mozambique, Darfur, and Lybster cemetery if I'm no' careful!!

And Ali, why do you think they are called threads????:o

phoenix
10-Apr-06, 23:51
Sorry to hear of your sad loss Icebox...chin up! :o)

ice box
10-Apr-06, 23:52
Thank you Liz. I think that some of the idiot on here should take them self off and have serious talk to them self about how grown they are. Cause there are acting like children my three year old as more sense .

ice box
10-Apr-06, 23:58
Woah woah, what's goin' on here?

Now, just because of a couple of misplaced puns, you say we like laughing at dead humans.

I think there are some people who really need to get a grip around here and start chilling. This is just getting daft.

I'll soon be responsible for the dead in Iraq, Mozambique, Darfur, and Lybster cemetery if I'm no' careful!!

And Ali, why do you think they are called threads????:o
I wasn't implying that you are responsible for animals dying. But you could have some consideration for the owner that have lost there pets. You would not like it if i came on here and slagged your pet off if it had died .

Fran
11-Apr-06, 00:39
ali, so kind of you to post on here about the poor dead cat, obviuosly much loved by someone. hope the owner reads your message and contacts you. have you phoned the police or the balmore centre near dounreay, or the cats protection. if my cat went missing these are the people i would contact.
i just thank god it wasnt my cat, who is a great companion for me.
As for DW I better not make the comment I would like to as I would be banned, and I enjoy Caithness org too much, and he/she is not worth it.[mad]

Ali
11-Apr-06, 10:46
We phoned Balmore this morning and they are coming to take the poor thing away and check it for a chip.
Thanks to allthe genuine concerned folk that replied.

Julia
11-Apr-06, 10:49
Guys and Gals,
All I wanted was to possibly set some poor cat owners mind at rest, it'll be upsetting but at least its found, I am getting rather peed off with starting a thread about one thing and it turning into a debate or a slagging match. If this tittle tattle keeps up there'll be nobody left on this site but the moaners and groaners !!

Well said Ali, very considerate of you to try and find the owner in the first place, I'd like to know that if something bad happened to my pet someone would take the time to find me and tell me.

Making a joke out of a pet dying is sick in my opinion, cats and dogs are usually considered one of the family and I'm sure when the owner discovers it's their cat all these puns are directed at they won't be amused in the slightest!

jings00
11-Apr-06, 18:16
when my dad died, the folk from the funeral place came up, and it was a pretty hard time talkin about all the arrangements needing done. After the cremation they were wondering if we wanted to go somewhere for soup and sandwiches, as the cremation was in Snekky, I suggested we go to the burger king drive through (had visions of a hearse drivin through, three burger king supremes and two shakes please, hold the mayo), not out of any disrespect for my dad, but just to inject a little humour into an otherwise horrible time. Perhaps not the sense of humour of everyone, i know my dad woulda laughed at it. Perhaps the comments that were made and are being talked of in poor taste were not meant to be offensive?

Gleber2
11-Apr-06, 19:11
when my dad died, the folk from the funeral place came up, and it was a pretty hard time talkin about all the arrangements needing done. After the cremation they were wondering if we wanted to go somewhere for soup and sandwiches, as the cremation was in Snekky, I suggested we go to the burger king drive through (had visions of a hearse drivin through, three burger king supremes and two shakes please, hold the mayo), not out of any disrespect for my dad, but just to inject a little humour into an otherwise horrible time. Perhaps not the sense of humour of everyone, i know my dad woulda laughed at it. Perhaps the comments that were made and are being talked of in poor taste were not meant to be offensive?

You can only offend the easily offended. A small percentage , I would reckon.

JAWS
11-Apr-06, 19:29
Oh dear, I must confess that I would have to consider myself amongst the heartless people who never grow up and are filled with a largely self-inflated opinion of themselves, when the truth is that they are tedious half-wits who refuses to take the death of one animal by becoming completely devastated.

Perhaps I have not grasped the situation correctly due to my never having developed beyond having playground mentality.

Can somebody please confirm that the subject being discussed is a dead cat and no the total annihilation of all life on earth?

So far we have had suggestions that the cat has been mown down by a totally heartless uncaring and murderous motorist even though there has only been the vaguest suggestion that it might, only might, have been struck by a car.

There have been suggestions that certain comments might be adding to the distress of the completely devastated owner.
So far I have seen no suggestion that an owner has been found, let alone one who has any knowledge of comments contained in the thread.

At this stage may I release you all from needing to wear sack cloth and ashes or feeling any sympathy for me should any death or disaster occur either to me, my animals or my friends and relatives.
I can think of no disaster (and as people know, I have a very active imagination) which could happen to me, my animals, my family or my friends which would be worth the thought of it causing so much discontent. I would hope that people would just shrug and get on with life.

The cat is dead. It is beyond suffering or caring. The owners are unknown. If or when they are found they have my sympathy for their loss. I will not, however, be sending them bereavement cards or flowers.

I detest the thought of any animal suffering unnecessarily and certainly a complete abhorrence for people who, from choice, wish to make them suffer.

That being said, the cat is dead. It is a deceased, defunct, expired. It has popped it’s clogs, turned it’s toes up, slipped off this mortal coil, gone to meet it’s maker.
It is a dead cat!

I will now go and do penance, I will seek forgiveness for my mortal sins. I will take my place amongst the Unclean, Uncaring and Murderous Monsters of the Universe.

But at the end of the day, we are still talking about one dead cat which is totally beyond caring about any of this.

The original post was to ask if there was any knowledge of the owner of a dead cat in Henderson Street.
The answer would appear to be “No”.
The question of disposal was also asked. The answer to that is that it is an empty shell, dispose of it as you wish.
I’m sure that whatever happens, the cat will be most forgiving, even if nobody else is.

Unlike people, animals are like that, they tend not to pout and fuss about people being insensitive.
They take life as it comes, or goes, and just get on with things.
You can learn a lot from animals!

scorrie
11-Apr-06, 21:15
Oh dear, I must confess that I would have to consider myself amongst the heartless people who never grow up and are filled with a largely self-inflated opinion of themselves, when the truth is that they are tedious half-wits who refuses to take the death of one animal by becoming completely devastated.

Perhaps I have not grasped the situation correctly due to my never having developed beyond having playground mentality.

Can somebody please confirm that the subject being discussed is a dead cat and no the total annihilation of all life on earth?

So far we have had suggestions that the cat has been mown down by a totally heartless uncaring and murderous motorist even though there has only been the vaguest suggestion that it might, only might, have been struck by a car.

There have been suggestions that certain comments might be adding to the distress of the completely devastated owner.
So far I have seen no suggestion that an owner has been found, let alone one who has any knowledge of comments contained in the thread.

At this stage may I release you all from needing to wear sack cloth and ashes or feeling any sympathy for me should any death or disaster occur either to me, my animals or my friends and relatives.
I can think of no disaster (and as people know, I have a very active imagination) which could happen to me, my animals, my family or my friends which would be worth the thought of it causing so much discontent. I would hope that people would just shrug and get on with life.

The cat is dead. It is beyond suffering or caring. The owners are unknown. If or when they are found they have my sympathy for their loss. I will not, however, be sending them bereavement cards or flowers.

I detest the thought of any animal suffering unnecessarily and certainly a complete abhorrence for people who, from choice, wish to make them suffer.

That being said, the cat is dead. It is a deceased, defunct, expired. It has popped it’s clogs, turned it’s toes up, slipped off this mortal coil, gone to meet it’s maker.
It is a dead cat!

I will now go and do penance, I will seek forgiveness for my mortal sins. I will take my place amongst the Unclean, Uncaring and Murderous Monsters of the Universe.

But at the end of the day, we are still talking about one dead cat which is totally beyond caring about any of this.

The original post was to ask if there was any knowledge of the owner of a dead cat in Henderson Street.
The answer would appear to be “No”.
The question of disposal was also asked. The answer to that is that it is an empty shell, dispose of it as you wish.
I’m sure that whatever happens, the cat will be most forgiving, even if nobody else is.

Unlike people, animals are like that, they tend not to pout and fuss about people being insensitive.
They take life as it comes, or goes, and just get on with things.
You can learn a lot from animals!

A superb example of how to write a lot and say very little.

Gleber2
11-Apr-06, 21:20

How to write a little and say nothing at all!!!!:Razz

JAWS
11-Apr-06, 22:20
Precisely how I would describe all the unnecessary fuss about a puss!

To quote the good old Lancashire Bard, "Much ado about nowt!"

scorrie
11-Apr-06, 22:37
How to write a little and say nothing at all!!!!:Razz

It speaks volumes to those willing to read with an open mind.

JAWS
11-Apr-06, 23:59
You can only offend the easily offended. A small percentage , I would reckon.
Unfortunately, Gleber2, it's that small percentage who seem intent on making a profession of it.
And woe betide anybody who fails to comply with their wishes!