PDA

View Full Version : Could you?

unicorn
09-Oct-09, 19:40
Just read about an earthquake survivor who was trapped and cut off his own leg :eek:
I suppose the will to live over rides all at times like this but do you think you could? I think that would take tremendous courage and a huge pain threshold :eek:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Indonesia-Earthquake-Survivor-Ramlan-Sawed-Off-His-Own-Leg/Article/200910215402930?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15402930_Indonesia_Earthquake_Survivor _Ramlan_Sawed_Off_His_Own_Leg

redeyedtreefrog
09-Oct-09, 19:58
Apparently there's a tiny part of your brain that will not let you die, it keeps you alive at all costs :eek: There was a guy on a mountain in California and his arm was trapped under a boulder, and this part of his brain forced him to cut off his arm. He passed out several times with pain, then god up and went home, leaving his arm behind...

Scorpio12thNov
09-Oct-09, 20:17
He passed out several times with pain, then god up and went home, leaving his arm behind...

As ye do:eek:

Jester
09-Oct-09, 20:22
Always reminds me of a film where a bloke is handcuffed by his ankle to a bomb on a timer. He is left a hacksaw. It would take too long to cut through the handcuffs . . .

Don't think it was a comedy :lol:

Scorpio12thNov
09-Oct-09, 20:26
Like the film Saw where he had to saw his ankle off...Ah man just the thought of it:eek:

unicorn
09-Oct-09, 20:27
That was my though too saw :eek:

Jester
09-Oct-09, 20:27
Like the film Saw where he had to saw his ankle off...Ah man just the thought of it:eek:

Could be a little sore!