09-Oct-09, 19:46
Why, he's not going to hear you? :roll:

smee
09-Oct-09, 19:49
Yes I did.....thganks Tom ;-)

Kevin Milkins
09-Oct-09, 19:49
Just to say "Happy birthday" to John Lennon ...69 today

Hard to imagine that, :eek: I should think Yoko Ono will be feeling a bit topsy turvy today.;)

scorrie
09-Oct-09, 23:26

Lucky Devil ;)

Amy-Winehouse
10-Oct-09, 08:31

So is this another pointless thread, the guys been dead since 19 oatcake.

Lavenderblue2
10-Oct-09, 14:39
The thing is, lots of people remember John Lennon, a multi talented musician, even nineteen years after his death.

I wonder how many will be posting 'Happy Birthday' threads to the real Amy Winehouse nineteen years after her death...

I hardly remember her between her frequent appearances in the press.

Tilly Teckel
10-Oct-09, 15:01
John Lennon was and is a true hero, a real talent who wasn't afraid to say what he thought and stand up for himself and others; I for one will never forget him. Happy Birthday John!

Jester
10-Oct-09, 15:10
I wonder how many will be posting 'Happy Birthday' threads to the real Amy Winehouse nineteen years after her death...

Never mind her, what about the people/groups made famous by TV programmes. Usually one year of fame, before disappearing back where they came from - good riddance :lol:

Tom Cornwall
10-Oct-09, 15:27
So is this another pointless thread, the guys been dead since 19 oatcake.
will amy winehouse be remembered when she's 69...I doubt it

Tom Cornwall
10-Oct-09, 15:29
[QUOTE=Lavenderblue2;605320]The thing is, lots of people remember John Lennon, a multi talented musician, even nineteen years after his death.

well done, margaret, I never noticed your post..until I posted my answer to amy

teddybear1873
10-Oct-09, 15:36
The thing is, lots of people remember John Lennon, a multi talented musician, even nineteen years after his death.

Didn't he die 29 years ago?

Jester
10-Oct-09, 15:41
John Winston Ono Lennon, 9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980

Lavenderblue2
10-Oct-09, 15:43
Didn't he die 29 years ago?

So sorry teddybear1873, you are quite right, another senior moment on my part! :confused

teddybear1873
10-Oct-09, 15:46
So sorry teddybear1873, you are quite right, another senior moment on my part! :confused

I get them often Lavender lol.

Amy-Winehouse
10-Oct-09, 16:57

keep yer hair on!! I asked if this was another pointless thread because there were sevral of them on last night. I couldnt give a rats backside whether anyone post happy birthday tpo Amy Winehouse now or in 40 years time- I really dont care, its just a username. I fancy changing it to Clint Eastwood but Im no sure?

Im not a fan of Lennon although I appreciate he was a fine musician. Winehouse has blown it imo with all the weird stuff shes been taking-as i said I dont care so there you go

Boozeburglar
10-Oct-09, 19:49
Good on ye Amy, at least you have a sense of humour!

By the way, if you think you don't like Lennon, just try listening to some of his work a little more, I am sure you will end up loving him. One thing him and Winehouse have in common is passion, Winehouse is a talent, and I hope she survives all the negative attention and gets on with making music.

Amy-Winehouse
11-Oct-09, 10:31
Good on ye Amy, at least you have a sense of humour!

By the way, if you think you don't like Lennon, just try listening to some of his work a little more, I am sure you will end up loving him. One thing him and Winehouse have in common is passion, Winehouse is a talent, and I hope she survives all the negative attention and gets on with making music.

Sorry BB but I just do not like the Beatles or Lennon, the world would be a dull place if we all liked the same thing & McCartneny makes me itch. I dont like the Beatles or their music, Im not a big fan of Amy winehouse either but like I say they are very good musicians

golach
11-Oct-09, 11:20
Sorry BB but I just do not like the Beatles or Lennon, the world would be a dull place if we all liked the same thing & McCartneny makes me itch. I dont like the Beatles or their music, Im not a big fan of Amy winehouse either but like I say they are very good musicians
I have to say, your thoughts on Lennon and the Beatles are virtually the same as mine, I was never a fan of his life style, but thats me, I do not like junky so called musicians.

Bazeye
13-Oct-09, 14:02
Is he dead? Its just that I heard hm on the radio this morning.

teddybear1873
13-Oct-09, 16:55
Is he dead? Its just that I heard hm on the radio this morning.

Dead or not, they buried him.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Oct-09, 21:07
One of ma plonders,wid John Lennon be as high in the charts if he was still here.NO.Because of Paul McCartney.Paul and John,John and Paul.I'll not wish John a Happy 69th,cos he died at 40.I love his music with himself and the other three,especially one,I think the Beatles are the best band that have ever been,the others just need to catch up.In my opinion,they never will.:)