PDA

View Full Version : Strange behaviour

Vistravi
09-Oct-09, 19:00
For the last week or so my queen cat has been very clingy to me, Almost stuck to me like glue. She even comes into the bathroom when i am in it. She doesn't leave my side unless she is eating or the heating is on and she can't resist the heat. She used to sleep at my feet at night but now sleeps close to my head or in my middle.

I've heard that cats can sense things about you before you know about it.

Anyone think that this is what she is doing?

I'm just trying to figure out why she suddenly is giving me all this extra attention. :eek: She is a cat that only comes to you when she wants attention and does not normally stick to me like this.

Liz
09-Oct-09, 19:30
That's a difficult one Vistravi.:confused

I think it would best to get her to the Vet for a check up just to make sure she is okay as animals can act out of character if something is wrong with them.

Could anything have happened to frighten her lately?

Vistravi
09-Oct-09, 19:54
Not sure Liz. We moved house a couple of weeks ago but she has always been fine about moving and loves to explore her new territory. She is very settled in our new flat so wouldn't think it was that.

To be honest other than the extra glue like attention she is giving me she is herself.

Liz
10-Oct-09, 12:49
It does sound as if this move may have unsettled her for some reason. I know it sounds like I have profits in this company but I swear by Feliway to help with any change in situation. You get it in a diffuser from www.vetuk.co.uk and this is the best price I have found.

gunnlass
10-Oct-09, 15:39
This might sound odd but you're not pregnant are you.

Vistravi
10-Oct-09, 19:54

Not as far as i know..... perhaps a test may be in order to find out if she really knows something i don't. :eek:

ClachanHope
12-Oct-09, 20:21
I would agree with Gunnlass, and get yourself checked first. Some might find it odd, but cats do get very clingy with pregnant women. I've seen this a few times.
It was my 1st thought wneh I read your post.

Dadie
12-Oct-09, 20:26
My cat is not bothered about me being pregnant but the dog knew before me each time!
Poppy would be really clingy and stuck to my side like superglue for about 3 months then she would let up each time.... odd!

Liz
12-Oct-09, 22:44
It is amazing just how much our animal friends can pick up on.

Many can alert epileptic owners when they are going to have a seizure and others can detect cancer cells.

I suppose it is because their senses are much more heightened than ours.

NLP
12-Oct-09, 23:28

That's just what I was thinking, my cat was like that when I was pregnant.

Vistravi
14-Oct-09, 21:02
Had myself and herself checked out and nothing has come up.
Perhaps she was just feeling a bit clingy :confused She seems to be back to normal now. Back to only coming to me occasionally when she gets a bit bored and cuddling into me when i'm in bed.
In fact right now she is sitting giving me the i'm ignoring you look as she had to wait ten mins for her dinner tonight. I was a bit late home from work than the usual time lol.

Vistravi
14-Oct-09, 21:14
It is amazing just how much our animal friends can pick up on.

Many can alert epileptic owners when they are going to have a seizure and others can detect cancer cells.

I suppose it is because their senses are much more heightened than ours.

Aye i've heard that cats can detect cancer cells before you know it. One of my collegues mentioned how her cat was different towards her when she was expecting her daughter and my dad's cat was different with him during the 6 months it took to diagnose his cancer. She just knew he wasn't right.

Liz
14-Oct-09, 22:57
Aye i've heard that cats can detect cancer cells before you know it. One of my collegues mentioned how her cat was different towards her when she was expecting her daughter and my dad's cat was different with him during the 6 months it took to diagnose his cancer. She just knew he wasn't right.

Yes they are amazing aren't they.

Glad everything is okay with you both and that she is back to normal although you must miss all the attention.:(

Vistravi
15-Oct-09, 17:26
Yes they are amazing aren't they.

Glad everything is okay with you both and that she is back to normal although you must miss all the attention.:(

Aye i'm glad she is back to normal now. The attention was nice but it did find it a bit suffocating when she had to be sitting on my lap all the time lol. Made doing paperwork for work hard :lol:

My partner is home atm and he likes to pick on her and annoy her a little during the day which she does not like one bit and i'm in full agreement with her. I'm getting home from work at night and i instantly get a thank-god-you're-home! look from her. :lol:

She's coming to me when she wants attention and she prefers to be with me than with my partner. She defintly choose me when i got her as a kitten!

Art1st
06-Jan-10, 15:50
Arnt all cats strange as they are doing silly things? lol

Vistravi
06-Jan-10, 19:49
Arnt all cats strange as they are doing silly things? lol

Nah they don't do that many silly things just alot lol. She's not as strange as the Art1st is ;)