PDA

View Full Version : Stagecoach timetable

badger
09-Oct-09, 17:25
This must be one of the worst automated services ever. Wanted to know when the timetables change for autumn, which I'm sure must be due soon, and there's nothing on the website so thought I would phone customer services on the Inverness no.

Starts off with usual menu - they have 5 options plus hold if none of them suit so I tried holding. Eventually, after lots of beeps, got a very unfriendly recording telling me the extension no. (goodness how useful) and telling me I was going through to voicemail.

Dialled again and tried the customer service option on the menu. Another recorded message said it was busy and went back to the original menu. After that it just went round in circles until I gave up.

Next stop was Traveline who have much friendlier messages and I finally spoke to someone who told me the timetable is due to change on 17 January 2038 (I kid you not). I had to ask her to repeat it but she assured me that's what it says.

Presumably no-one works for Stagecoach in Inverness any more.

Oops - just occurred to me to try Citylink. Bingo! Timetable changed on 5 Oct and goes to 23 May. Maybe someone should tell Stagecoach.

rfr10
09-Oct-09, 17:53
I don't understand how everything works. Maybe someone could explain. In what way are Citylink and Stagecoach linked? Why is the timetabe on the Stagecoach website, yet, the tickets are booked through the Citylink website. Are they the same company or what exactly?

ŠAmethyst
09-Oct-09, 20:16
My understanding of it is that Citylink are run by Stagecoach here... oh, so is Megabus.

badger
10-Oct-09, 12:06
It is pretty confusing. The Scottish Citylink main page makes no mention of Stagecoach, it's only when you get to the Scrabster/Inverness timetable. Other timetables don't mention Stagecoach either so maybe it's only parts of Scotland that are unlucky.

The Citylink website is far more user friendly and, as rfr says, the only place where you can book tickets - at least sensibly. I fell at the first hurdle with Stagecoach as didn't understand the dropdown - choice between Unirider and Megarider. Sound like some kind of racing warriors and no use for Seniors like me [disgust] .