PDA

View Full Version : Bands Cancelling Their Best Songs?

Olin
09-Oct-09, 15:46
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has encountered the same thing as I have which is bands that when they first start out or release an album play a certain song and as they get bigger and play more gigs drop the song from their setlist?

Locally I know of two bands that have done this, No Exit Wounds - Wear Your Crown and Astronot's - Those Feelings have both disappeared from shows ='[

On a larger scale Oasis don't play D'you know what I mean? (I doubt they'll play much in the future anyway lol) and Metallica only played the God that Failed at a few gigs!

GUTTED!

Cogy
09-Oct-09, 15:48
Stereophonics with T-shirt Sun Tan! Cracking tune!

Kenneth
09-Oct-09, 15:54
california waiting - kings of leon

no heard them play it yet

Jeid
09-Oct-09, 17:00
Foo Fighters don't really play anything from the first album anymore, it's all about progress really. In our case, we just moved on from Those Feelings biy.

loganbiffy
09-Oct-09, 20:24
Foo Fighters don't really play anything from the first album anymore

Wish they would, it's my favourite album of theirs without a doubt!

the_big_mac
09-Oct-09, 23:22
J Metallica only played the God that Failed at a few gigs!

GUTTED!

Thats on their fifth album (correct me if im wrong) so why would they include it in their setlist?

Jump in the fire would be a better example. Great song, never played.

Jeid
10-Oct-09, 02:47
And Justice For All... a rarely played track, I love it, and they played it when I saw them

the_big_mac
10-Oct-09, 07:03
And Justice For All... a rarely played track, I love it, and they played it when I saw them

Black Album mate.

Olin
11-Oct-09, 20:56
Thats on their fifth album (correct me if im wrong) so why would they include it in their setlist?

Jump in the fire would be a better example. Great song, never played.

Because its an awesome song? Sandman is off that album too so why do they play it?

Also Jeid you are officially a cove! lol I would have loved to see 'tallica!

I just haven't gotten my "erse" in gear in time! =[

the_big_mac
11-Oct-09, 21:36
Because its an awesome song? Sandman is off that album too so why do they play it?

Also Jeid you are officially a cove! lol I would have loved to see 'tallica!

I just haven't gotten my "erse" in gear in time! =[

Your point was why do they drop songs from their setlist that were on there first couple of albums. The God That Failed was on the black album, their 5th album. They were already big. Maybe they dont play it very often for another reason.

Jeid
11-Oct-09, 22:39
Because Lars can't play it? Because Kirk would have his wah pedal on the whole time? Because you touch yourself at night...

All? Probably...

~~Tides~~
12-Oct-09, 21:57
Arctic Monkeys dont play Dancefloor now (probably for the best).
Radiohead went for years without playing Creep, as didn't the Verve with B.S.S.

Olin
13-Oct-09, 10:01
Your point was why do they drop songs from their setlist that were on there first couple of albums. The God That Failed was on the black album, their 5th album. They were already big. Maybe they dont play it very often for another reason.

Here cove simmer down!

You have simply taken the phrases "first start out or release an album" and condensed that down to "first couple of albums"

Neep.....

the_big_mac
13-Oct-09, 11:49
Here cove simmer down!

You have simply taken the phrases "first start out or release an album" and condensed that down to "first couple of albums"

Neep.....

yup, your phrase.

Tattie

Jeid
13-Oct-09, 16:23
It would appear someone has sand in their ladyparts...