PDA

View Full Version : Hangovers

Billy Boy
09-Apr-06, 19:10
I havent had a drink since i had a couple at the new year, but last night i had 4 double vodka and coke's and Mrs Billy Boy had a bottle of wine, ( and was well tipsy)
Yet i woke up with the mother of all hangovers and Mrs Billy Boy well she was as fresh as a daisy.[mad]
I reckon its because i am getting older But Mrs Billy Boy say's it's because i dont drink much, but niether does she and yet she was fine.
Just wondered what everyone else's thoughts are on why this is:confused:

connieb19
09-Apr-06, 19:17
It's obvious, men are the weaker sex:lol: :lol: ...lol

footie chick
09-Apr-06, 20:07
my old man always blames the coke for the hangover!! Maybe thats where your going wrong. Also its a well known fact men have a lot lower pain barrier than women!!

teuchter
09-Apr-06, 21:05
When you say you suffered a hangover i assume you meant a pain from in your head? To suffer pain there must be feeling. Where there is feeling there must be life. Where there is life there must be inteligence. And you claim the female does not suffer this pain? Hmmmmm. The prognosis could sound sexist but.....

willowbankbear
09-Apr-06, 21:21
Mrs Bear has a stinger of a hangover today:D I got home at 4am & the folks were still here, so I had a few lagers. I woke up & as its my day off, I had a few more. Hangover cured for now[lol] [lol]

bingo1
09-Apr-06, 21:24
my old man always blames the coke for the hangover!! Maybe thats where your going wrong. Also its a well known fact men have a lot lower pain barrier than women!!Yea i agree my man and i had a night oot while i stuck to coke he was very drunk, the next day i had a hangover! He on the other hand was fresh as you like. [disgust]

Billy Boy
09-Apr-06, 21:28
When you say you suffered a hangover i assume you meant a pain from in your head? To suffer pain there must be feeling. Where there is feeling there must be life. Where there is life there must be inteligence. And you claim the female does not suffer this pain? Hmmmmm. The prognosis could sound sexist but.....

Sorry but i dissagree wi you teuchter, I mean if men are so intelligent then why do they drink in the first place when they know they are gonna suffer:confused:
Mrs Billy Boy:p

JAWS
10-Apr-06, 00:47
The cure for hangovers is quite simple - never sober up and you won't get a hangover.

sjwahwah
10-Apr-06, 02:56
Drink water before bed and preferably as a "sipping chaser" with every drink plus an Evening Primrose Oil capsule or two before "drinking". In the morning, bananas (potassium) + other fresh fruit like strawberries, orange juice(vit c) and water.

If that fails... another drink.:grin:

Jeid
10-Apr-06, 03:08
I always found juice and crisps work, I used to always have Salt & Vinegar Squares and a very cold can of Irn Bru(usually prepared the night before)

Henrik7
10-Apr-06, 09:34
I heard it's supposed to be the coke that gives you such a hangover......thats why I changed to lemonade in my vodka.

Jeid
10-Apr-06, 11:47
Really? I heard it was the vodka in your coke.

willowbankbear
10-Apr-06, 12:00
No hangover to report to you today, I agree with ye Henrick, I switched to lemonade years ago & the next day is far less painful than it was when I drunk vodka & coke

Jeid
10-Apr-06, 12:24
I stopped drinking Vodka over a year ago. I've never had a hangover with Coke.

teuchter
10-Apr-06, 13:12
Sorry but i dissagree wi you teuchter, I mean if men are so intelligent then why do they drink in the first place when they know they are gonna suffer:confused:
Mrs Billy Boy:p

Personally its because i know im going home to Mrs teuchter and the earbending i always get. I might as well be drinking coz im gonna suffer a sore heid either way.

Bingobabe
11-Apr-06, 01:42
No matter what i drink i always get a hangover thats probarly why i dont drink very often any more.

Fran
12-Apr-06, 02:19
the best cure for a hangover is a whiff of oxygen, great for headaches too.....but dont all go rushing to A & E!!! Of course the best cure is not to drink!!!! I can drink plenty of whisky and be fine, but if i drink wine i get tipsy and red wine gives me a headache. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_7_8.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb068&pp=ZNfox000 (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb068_ZNfox000)

outsider
12-Apr-06, 19:48
Oooo I cant wait til get drunk this weekend...

Think Friday and Satuday...pity i have the train on Sunday...

:(

Cedric Farthsbottom III
12-Apr-06, 21:53
Make sure ye stuff yer face before ye go on a major sesh.Then ye can enjoy the rest o' the night without thinkin' aboot the next day.

If ye don't stuff yer face then ye will be fartin' in milk bottles and tipping cows over before yer hangover even kicks in!!!!

Billy Boy
12-Apr-06, 21:57
Make sure ye stuff yer face before ye go on a major sesh.Then ye can enjoy the rest o' the night without thinkin' aboot the next day.

If ye don't stuff yer face then ye will be fartin' in milk bottles and tipping cows over before yer hangover even kicks in!!!!

i take it your a man of experence of these thing's cedric:lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
12-Apr-06, 22:01
Guilty as charged........:lol: :lol:

golach
12-Apr-06, 22:03

Is 'at trick wi' 'e milk bottles only a Week thing, I have never come across a trick lek 'at a fore:eyes

Cedric Farthsbottom III
12-Apr-06, 22:10
Is 'at trick wi' 'e milk bottles only a Week thing, I have never come across a trick lek 'at a fore:eyes

Golach,its a many splendid thing.

For us who have mastered the basic principals.Ye can get a bit more adventurous.Fill 5 empty milk bottles with different levels of water,then crouching over them carefully ye can play any tune ye want.

Sounds like pan-pipes but wi a rockier backbeat!!!:lol:

Billy Boy
12-Apr-06, 22:11
come on cedric, enlighted us on how to fart in a milk bottle, you got me curious!!!
If i tried it i would blow the bottom oot o the bottle lol:roll:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
12-Apr-06, 22:18
Its easy Billy Boy.Its all in the preparation and remember don't have a cigarette while yer doin it.:lol:

Billy Boy
12-Apr-06, 22:22
Golach,its a many splendid thing.

For us who have mastered the basic principals.Ye can get a bit more adventurous.Fill 5 empty milk bottles with different levels of water,then crouching over them carefully ye can play any tune ye want.

Sounds like pan-pipes but wi a rockier backbeat!!!:lol:

just wondered is that your party piece cedric lol
and Mrs Billy Boy wants to know do you take bookings:p

Cedric Farthsbottom III
12-Apr-06, 22:26
I did used to take bookings,but I'll have to disappoint Mrs Billy Boy,as in ma last gig I got booed off the stage.All I did was play a BUM note!!!!:lol:

Billy Boy
12-Apr-06, 22:29
I did used to take bookings,but I'll have to disappoint Mrs Billy Boy,as in ma last gig I got booed off the stage.All I did was play a BUM note!!!!:lol:

mrs billy boy say's that's a bummer lol:Razz

ice box
12-Apr-06, 22:50
best way get rid of a hangover is 1 egg in a glass and add some milk wisk and swallow . sorted