PDA

View Full Version : Vodka

shamrock2007
09-Oct-09, 14:54
Hi does anyone know how i can contact Jill Brown from Watten who makes her own vodka ?? Thanks

dietcokegirl
09-Oct-09, 15:04
She has her own website

http://www.berry-good.co.uk/contact.htm

shamrock2007
09-Oct-09, 17:38
thanks dietcokegirl

bullielove
09-Oct-09, 17:50
wow that vodka sounds lovely - might have to get some too. Has anyone tried it?

Amy-Winehouse
09-Oct-09, 17:51
Vodka???

Did the tattie soup go a wee bit wrong then Shamrock?:eek:

henry20
09-Oct-09, 17:56
wow that vodka sounds lovely - might have to get some too. Has anyone tried it?

Tried it once and haven't stopped buying it since - its costing me a fortune :lol:

Prefer the raspberry one - didn't realise there was a new one out. Can't wait to try it!!

bullielove
09-Oct-09, 18:00
Tried it once and haven't stopped buying it since - its costing me a fortune :lol:

Prefer the raspberry one - didn't realise there was a new one out. Can't wait to try it!!

where do you buy it from and do you mix it with anything?

henry20
09-Oct-09, 18:04
I buy it from JA Mackays (next to Le Bistro in Thurso) - I mix it with lemonade or cream soda usually, although have been known to drink it straight or with irn bru.

bullielove
09-Oct-09, 18:29
I buy it from JA Mackays (next to Le Bistro in Thurso) - I mix it with lemonade or cream soda usually, although have been known to drink it straight or with irn bru.

right thats that sorted.. was just thinking i needed a new drink:Razz thanks henry20 ill let you know how i get on;)

shamrock2007
09-Oct-09, 21:45
Its lovely with Cream soda. Only tried the Raspberry one

Amy i'm spooked how did you know it was tattie soup i was making! lol

golach
10-Oct-09, 00:13
Hi does anyone know how i can contact Jill Brown from Watten who makes her own vodka ?? Thanks
Is at legal?

crayola
10-Oct-09, 00:29
Ach it must be legal if they sell it in all those places. I'll maybe be taking a wee trip up to Milngavie tomorrow.

Aaldtimer
10-Oct-09, 03:23
She has her own website

http://www.berry-good.co.uk/contact.htm

Funny thing is that having checked all the links on the website, can't seem to find it anywhere!:confused
What's the price of a bottle?

smith2585
10-Oct-09, 03:51
ye was thinking the same thing, wandering how much a bottle is.

Sounds nice planning on gettin myself a bottle too :D

telfordstar
10-Oct-09, 10:59
Pity you cant buy it in wick:~(

henry20
10-Oct-09, 17:54
I'm pretty sure its £15.99 in JA Mackays.

I had some last night - won't confess to how much though :lol:

Notice that they have the Strawberry & black peppercorn one in stock, so that will be my next purchase!!

ciderally
11-Oct-09, 11:07
cant be legal...unless she is just adding flavours/colorings to already distilled vodka....then if there is no alcohol in it okay i suppose....

Amy-Winehouse
11-Oct-09, 12:04
Pity you cant buy it in wick:~(

Now that is unusual when drink is concerned;)

Whitewater
11-Oct-09, 12:20
I am surprised, was not aware of this vodka before browsing the forum. You learn something new every day. I hope she does well.
Had a look at the various mixes, they seem to be very good, not being a vodka drinker I probably will not be trying it myself, but I will certainly be buying some for friends when they visit, and who knows, I may be tempted to try a sample or two, just for social purposes of course.

SunsetSong
11-Oct-09, 13:16
its also available in caithness horizons, the town hall. Also for £15.99. For any non vodka drinkers you would hardly know, it has a lovely flavour of fresh berries. The raspberry is particularly good with ice and a drop of cranberry juice. All perfectly legal and jill has won awards for it at the food and drink scotland awards.

Amy-Winehouse
11-Oct-09, 14:02
Im in Thurso tomorrow, Im seriously tempted to bring a bottle back to WK for `research only` purposes. I had a Jaeger bomb last night & I think the explosion is still hitting the back of my napper:eek:

DarkAngel
11-Oct-09, 20:21
Im in Thurso tomorrow, Im seriously tempted to bring a bottle back to WK for `research only` purposes. I had a Jaeger bomb last night & I think the explosion is still hitting the back of my napper:eek:

Lol... Jaeger Bombs... Gosh They Get Ya Steamboats!!!!! :lol: