PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration needed please!

ShelleyCowie
08-Oct-09, 22:23
Everytime i go into athruns room it always seems a bit bare on the walls. We never really had much time to decorate his room.

Need some ideas of things to put on his walls! Im doing it on a budget so has to be low priced.

Any home-made ideas are welcome too because they are personal!

Forgot to add for people who dont know athrun is 1 year old!

Thanks! :Razz

madmissus
08-Oct-09, 22:32
Without decorating, you could put pictures on the wall, any of the childrens comics will give you inspiration no matter what age (within reason!) posters, pictures, etc

ShelleyCowie
08-Oct-09, 22:36
Without decorating, you could put pictures on the wall, any of the childrens comics will give you inspiration no matter what age (within reason!) posters, pictures, etc

I have flicked through many magazines, searched websites, i have lots of photos in his room.

Has anyone had any experience from wall stickers? Do they stick well?

Liz
08-Oct-09, 22:37
You get really nice throws with disney characters etc which would look quite nice on a wall and would cover quite a big area?

Or, as madmissus suggested. you could group pictures together. How about making a collage of photos?

Kodiak
08-Oct-09, 22:37
What we did was to paint directly on the wall Charcters from different Disney Films. ie Mickey Mouse, Lion King and Winnie the Pooh.

It did not cost a lot and it looked great as well.

Liz
08-Oct-09, 22:42
How about something like this unless you are artistic like Kodiak?

http://bit.ly/1whIsV

Kodiak
08-Oct-09, 22:44
No No, I am not artistic at all. It is Mrs Kodiak who is the Artist and she did all the Painyings.

twiglet
08-Oct-09, 22:46
I think I may still have some old winnie the pooh posters if you want them. If you do, send me a pm and I'll try and find 'em for you or if you want some more up to date characters I will happily paint you some that you can put up.

Liz
08-Oct-09, 22:46
Okay Shelley if you are not as artistic as Mrs Kodiak you could maybe paint a big rainbow and then under that paint grass with lots of colourful flowers?

Could be good fun!

Liz
08-Oct-09, 22:47
I think I may still have some old winne the pooh posters if you want them. If you do, send me a pm and I'll try and find 'em for you.

That would be nice. Very kind of you!:D

ShelleyCowie
08-Oct-09, 22:56
Thanks twiglet thats nice o ya!

Me and my OH are very artistic tho so might be able to put something on the walls. Just something to brighten it up!

As you said liz maybe a nice rainbow, some painted charachters on the walls...something like that would be nice!

But im useless at painting large scale! lol. Will look into it though.

Good ideas here people!

Liz
08-Oct-09, 23:00
Och don't worry about painting to scale just have fun!!!:lol:

I think a rainbow with flowers on grass and then maybe some creatures like rabbits and some toadstools etc would be good.

lynne duncan
08-Oct-09, 23:09
another way of painting large scale on the wall is to borrow an overhead projector and trace a picture you fancy onto thin paper and then using the overhead projector you can trace it onto the bairns bedroom wall
then have fun painting

miller30
08-Oct-09, 23:25
hi i just did our sons room and he is coming two, just painted it blue but got stickers from next, there is buses, cars, motorbikes, planes ect and it looks the part, hes delighted anyway as he likes anything transport. they were 25 pound for the pack. they stick good.

joxville
08-Oct-09, 23:36
Thanks twiglet thats nice o ya!

Me and my OH are very artistic tho so might be able to put something on the walls. Just something to brighten it up!

As you said liz maybe a nice rainbow, some painted charachters on the walls...something like that would be nice!

But im useless at painting large scale! lol. Will look into it though.

Good ideas here people!

Athrun is a bit young to be an art critic so keep trying *until you get it right.

*By which time he'll be 16.[lol]

Fluff
08-Oct-09, 23:38
blue walls with white fluffy clouds? (using a stencil) you could even get some glow in the dark paint or stickers, and paint stars on the ceiling!

sweetpea
08-Oct-09, 23:40
Choose a base colour, match what furniture you can and then go for a theme that will do him for a few years yet but easily adaptible. That's what I'm doing:)

Vistravi
09-Oct-09, 00:07
I like Fluff's idea.
Why not paint a scene? Have the white clouds with a sun and grass a house, cars etc.
Or just go for stencils and paint them on in the one colour?

ShelleyCowie
09-Oct-09, 09:46
Well what an awsome neighbour i have! Bobinovich is lending me a projector thing to do sone nice paintings on the wall!!! How awsome is that!

:Razz

charley9
09-Oct-09, 10:07
We bought wall stickers of jungle animals for our sons room, off ebay, before he was born. They have been there for three years now and still look good, even got asked if I had painted them on myself.

crayola
09-Oct-09, 10:15
I could let you have a poster from my modelling days but I think he's still a bit young for that. :)

The Angel Of Death
09-Oct-09, 10:37
Give the young un some paint or crayons and then let him express his inner artist and decorate the room they way he wants it to be

crayola
09-Oct-09, 10:38
Give the young un some paint or crayons and then let him express his inner artist and decorate the room they way he wants it to be
But make sure the crayons are labelled Crayola. :)

The Angel Of Death
09-Oct-09, 21:37
I just had a brain fart get athrun to draw on the walls and stuff then flog it as child art and make squillions in the process

Its win win all round

completely flawless plan me thinks

young_fishin_neep
09-Oct-09, 21:55
my best mates wee girls room was really plain and we wanted to decorate it, her daughter is mad on In The Night Garden, my friend being good at drawing drew large versions of the caractors on the walls, we bought some paint and painted in the drawings, wee girl loved it :D and she was one at the time we did that last year.

xx

ShelleyCowie
09-Oct-09, 22:48
I just had a brain fart get athrun to draw on the walls and stuff then flog it as child art and make squillions in the process

Its win win all round

completely flawless plan me thinks

Lol no brain farts please! Get enough o them here at home! It might not be flawless though considering instead of drawing on paper he tries to eat the pens/pencil/crayons!

my best mates wee girls room was really plain and we wanted to decorate it, her daughter is mad on In The Night Garden, my friend being good at drawing drew large versions of the caractors on the walls, we bought some paint and painted in the drawings, wee girl loved it :D and she was one at the time we did that last year.

xx

Yeah i am getting some paintings done on his wall! Got family coming to stay this weekend so its all a bit hectic just now. But its Bobinovich thats lending the stuff kindly so will get round to it! :Razz

The Angel Of Death
09-Oct-09, 23:11
There has got to be some nutritional value of some sorts in a crayon even if its really small ;)

crayola
09-Oct-09, 23:43

Its win win all round

completely flawless plan me thinksIf Shelley flogs the walls her house will fall down. What's flawless about that? :eek:

bobbyrussell09
09-Oct-09, 23:52
i can draw you a nice sonic the hedgehog or a tardis lol

ShelleyCowie
10-Oct-09, 19:21
i can draw you a nice sonic the hedgehog or a tardis lol

Lol sonic is ok but not a tardis! Aint gettin ma boy into that!

The Angel Of Death
10-Oct-09, 22:35
Lol sonic is ok but not a tardis! Aint gettin ma boy into that!

Wise move look how some people turned out ;)

BRIE
11-Oct-09, 17:35
the wall stickers are great ive just put them on my wee boys room have also used the glow in the dark paint which is really good