PDA

View Full Version : Quizz sunday 9th at 20:30 uk time .

ice box
09-Apr-06, 15:02
All ready for the quizz eh night been busy this week so just rattled a few question together hope to see you all there mind and bring a bottle lol:grin:

scorrie
09-Apr-06, 17:30
Sorry, I can't make it as I will be watching the US Masters golf.

Here's a question to test the form for tonight's contestants.

Why was the live coverage of the World Snooker Final between Alex Higgins and Cliff Thorburn interrupted?

young_fishin_neep
09-Apr-06, 17:43
i can do it but make sure u got some easy questions i won lasts night only becasue accameron gave me a nice 4point bonus question which he new i would get the answer, im only 14 so please be nice...kaz xx

changilass
09-Apr-06, 18:41
Sorry, I can't make it as I will be watching the US Masters golf.

Here's a question to test the form for tonight's contestants.

Why was the live coverage of the World Snooker Final between Alex Higgins and Cliff Thorburn interrupted?

It was to do with a hostage situation in London

scorrie
09-Apr-06, 18:55
It was to do with a hostage situation in London

The Iranian Embassy was being stormed by the SAS, obviously too easy, so what was on BBC1 at the time of the interruption?

canuck
09-Apr-06, 19:14
The Iranian Embassy was being stormed by the SAS, obviously too easy, so what was on BBC1 at the time of the interruption?

Dallas, ?

canuck
10-Apr-06, 01:15
Scorrie what was the answer to the mini-quiz second question?

Icebox thank you for an excellent quiz. I know that you had some computer problems, but that didn't bother us. We had a great time. The sing song didn't work too well, but you were off when we tried that venture.

The really big winner was ACameron. Yes, non quizzers, you ask "Why, when he wins half the time, do we bother trying?" Well, the competition has become to best him. And one does learn things. Scotland has crown jewels! And they are kept at Edinburgh Castle! Today, Betty kindly dropped by to tell us that Scotland had defeated Canada in the World Curling Finals. Oh, well, life goes on. Stay tuned for a notice of next week's quiz time. AC will make a decision and post it for us.

krieve
10-Apr-06, 11:24
Great quiz icebox thanks .

scorrie
10-Apr-06, 14:28
Scorrie what was the answer to the mini-quiz second question?

I am going purely by memory here, it was definitely a John Wayne western, I am 90% sure it was War Wagon. As the snooker pictures cut to go to the newsroom, the western was shown for a few seconds before the newsreader appeared. Canadian Cliff Thorburn went on to win 18-16 and became the first overseas winner of the tournament.