PDA

View Full Version : TV Reception

Amadan
08-Oct-09, 21:12
Hi all.

I live in Edinburgh and don't have a aerial mains on the wall anywhere so I don't get tv signal. Could anyone please recommend a good indoor aerial that will give me reception? I live in quite an old building so not sure if the thickness of the walls will have an effect on signal.

Hope you can help. Thanks!

Kodiak
08-Oct-09, 21:22
I think your best bet would be to speak to a TV Engineer in your area. They should know the best type of Ariel for your area and we up here in Caithness have no idea at all as reception varies quite a bit over Scotland.

My son lives in Edinburgh and he has Cable, can you get Cable.

dx100uk
08-Oct-09, 23:33
a good way to find out if you can get it indoors is to ask a neighbour where their aerial is.
if you are near [5-10mls] then an indoor one might well work, but typically unless you are right on top of the transmitter, you need an external one.

sadly, against what manu's will claim for their internal aerials, none will ever be better than about 25% as good as an external one when you are away from the transmitter site by a good few miles.

as above cables good, don't you have it? dont forget you can sometimes get a tv signal from it, even if you have not subscribed to their service.

might be an idea to use argos or something like that, and do sale or return on an indoor one just to try it.
they do a 10 days full refund.

dx

Cinderella's Shoe
08-Oct-09, 23:47
Try putting a large photo of Alex Salmond on your wall.

If that doesn't solve the problem then I can't help. SNP say this solution will solve all their problems.... especially in Edinburgh!