PDA

View Full Version : They got a house.

cuddlepop
08-Oct-09, 20:45
New house and then a new baby within the space of two months is really stressfull at the best of times but when you've got nothing where do you start?:confused

Dont Know whether to be nervous or excited.:confused

Where would you start if you had to start all over again?.

I've done it myself without the new baby and that was hard eneogh.:eek:

Vistravi
08-Oct-09, 21:23
Well done on them getting a house. At least they'll be under their own roof when the baby is born. Thats one thing to be thankful for at least.

balto
08-Oct-09, 21:25
New house and then a new baby within the space of two months is really stressfull at the best of times but when you've got nothing where do you start?:confused

Dont Know whether to be nervous or excited.:confused

I've done it myself without the new baby and that was hard eneogh.:eek:when we moved in february we had a 2 month old aswell as 3 other kids, tell you it was the hardest thing, goodluck to them both with the new house and happy event, im sure you will give them both 100% support, goodluck

joxville
08-Oct-09, 21:30
New house and then a new baby within the space of two months is really stressfull at the best of times but when you've got nothing where do you start?

Dont Know whether to be nervous or excited.

I've done it myself without the new baby and that was hard eneogh.

First off I would get myself a buxom wench, let nature take it's course, then claim to be one of the 'minority/discriminated' class to qualify for a house. It's not difficult, job done. ;)

poppett
08-Oct-09, 21:57
Delighted with your news CP.

Starting over is never easy. I am sure the youngsters will be offered lots of help.

Do you have a "homestart" or similar scheme on Skye? They can be really helpful with furniture and white goods.

Certain welfare benefits can give access to a "Community care Grant" to help with removal costs, carpets, curtains, furniture etc.,

Good luck with the move.

cuddlepop
09-Oct-09, 09:18
Delighted with your news CP.

Starting over is never easy. I am sure the youngsters will be offered lots of help.

Do you have a "homestart" or similar scheme on Skye? They can be really helpful with furniture and white goods.

Certain welfare benefits can give access to a "Community care Grant" to help with removal costs, carpets, curtains, furniture etc.,

Good luck with the move.

Its brilliant news that they were allocated one of the new builds up Homefarm but as its a new house its basically a shell so they'll have to get everything.:eek:
They both work so will be expected to get everything themselves with a little help from their friends and family.
There's that "second hand" Heart Foundation shop in Inverness thats got furniture and white goods and loads of other charity shops that they get get bits and pieces from.Although with prices the way they are you can get as good new from Asda and the like.
From when they move till she has the baby its two months so it'll be all go.

My sons going through my home telling me that I could buy a new sofa etc and they could have the old .....chancer:lol:

tonkatojo
09-Oct-09, 10:36
I am not knocking your family in particular, but what is wrong with working (as yours do) until they could be set up in a house before having bairns. I/we worked for nearly 9 years before we could afford bairns, it seems I want I need I have got to have it now, is the norm.

DarkAngel
09-Oct-09, 10:41
I am not knocking your family in particular, but what is wrong with working (as yours do) until they could be set up in a house before having bairns. I/we worked for nearly 9 years before we could afford bairns, it seems I want I need I have got to have it now, is the norm.

Accidents Do Happen Though!

cuddlepop
09-Oct-09, 14:10
Accidents Do Happen Though!

Which is what I said on an earlyer thread.

catran
09-Oct-09, 16:31
First off I would get myself a buxom wench, let nature take it's course, then claim to be one of the 'minority/discriminated' class to qualify for a house. It's not difficult, job done. ;)

Yip brilliant idea but the latest craze is get two houses one for her and the baby/babies, gets loads of money from the social, rent and council tax gets paid by the government and the bloke gets a one bedroom cheaper place as he actually works and can well afford the cheaper rent but creeps home to his woman every night. They have it all sussed and the best of both worlds.