PDA

View Full Version : SNP Branchs

Mr P Cannop
08-Oct-09, 13:46
does any where else in the uk & scotland have any branchs ??

Mr P Cannop
08-Oct-09, 14:33
does any one know ??

Aaldtimer
08-Oct-09, 14:43
Try here Paul:- http://www.snp.org/node/15654

MrsK
08-Oct-09, 16:32
Just curious, why would the SNP have branches outside Scotland? I can't see there being many SNP supporters in, say, Powys.:confused

balto
08-Oct-09, 16:34
just yet another one lined pointless thread.

joxville
08-Oct-09, 18:56
Just curious, why would the SNP have branches outside Scotland? I can't see there being many SNP supporters in, say, Powys.:confused

There's loads of us Scots down here in Hampshire, I might set one up just to annoy the English. [lol]

*Martin*
08-Oct-09, 19:31
just yet another one lined pointless thread.

The point (to me at least) was to find out about SNP branches. Aaldtimer has helped with this.

Perhaps the only thing pointless in here is your post?

kmahon2001
08-Oct-09, 20:09
There's loads of us Scots down here in Hampshire, I might set on up just to annoy the English. [lol]

I think you might find a fair number of the English actually support the SNP's position. ;)

Why is it always assumed that independence is only something that Scots, Welsh and Irish people would be interested in and that all English people automatically support the union? Quite a number I know of would like to see home rule for England complete with an English Parliament.

MrsK
08-Oct-09, 21:38
I think you might find a fair number of the English actually support the SNP's position. ;)

Why is it always assumed that independence is only something that Scots, Welsh and Irish people would be interested in and that all English people automatically support the union? Quite a number I know of would like to see home rule for England complete with an English Parliament.

But how many would require the service of a 'local branch' of the SNP? That's my point.
If you supported say, English Independance, then the proximity of an SNP office isn't going to make any difference. You may support their stance for your own Independance aims, but you wouldn't be voting for them or becoming involved at SNP 'grass roots' level.

joxville
08-Oct-09, 21:53
There's loads of us Scots down here in Hampshire, I might set one up just to annoy the English. [lol]

I was only joking, I'll never support the SNP while Salmond is leader.

(It's a shame I'm on a work pc or this post would be a Facepalm! :D)

madmissus
08-Oct-09, 22:44
I did wonder, as a born and bred Scot from Gods own county, living in England for 8 years, who I would vot for there when there was an election, I decided to go back up north, and here I am back in Thurso maybe that was a wrong move!! [lol]

golach
08-Oct-09, 22:52
I was only joking, I'll never support the SNP while Salmond is leader.
)
Jox, likewise, as long as wee fat shrek is at the helm, I will never vote for the Tartan Tories[lol]

nancypotter45
09-Oct-09, 00:25
The point (to me at least) was to find out about SNP branches. Aaldtimer has helped with this.

Perhaps the only thing pointless in here is your post?

Was just thinking this myself, well said

stewart4364
09-Oct-09, 13:31
Balto comments about another one liner pointless thread. Does Balto really think that most of the threads are a useful addition to the Org. A more pointless thread could be "What colour is your watering can" -- this is just one of many which I could highlight. It is obvious that some people have far too much time on their hands to ask such drivel. The majority of the threads on the General Forum makes me wonder what intelligence the instigator possesses. Decent threads are a worthwhile topic.

crayola
09-Oct-09, 13:44
Ooh Stewart sweetie, can we look forward to more threads of the interest and quality of your previous ones (http://forum.caithness.org/search.php?searchid=462522)?

I'll have you know that the economic implication of the chromatic properties of domestic horticultural equipment is a highly regarded intellectual pursuit in the upper echelons of Weegie witchery.

With much love and many kisses,
Crayola x

kmahon2001
09-Oct-09, 14:12
But how many would require the service of a 'local branch' of the SNP? That's my point.
If you supported say, English Independance, then the proximity of an SNP office isn't going to make any difference. You may support their stance for your own Independance aims, but you wouldn't be voting for them or becoming involved at SNP 'grass roots' level.

Maybe not, but the setting up of branches of the SNP in England wouldn't necessarily upset the English either, which was the comment Jox made.

There are some English people who support independence for Scotland - some because they believe the Scots have a right to be independent, and others because they see it as a way to progress the English cause for independence (although, in all honesty, this is not a very strong movement in England as yet). Many English are just totally apathetic on the question of the Union. I honestly think that many younger English people really don't care whether the Union stays or goes. The older generation do, and I think the vast majority of them do want the Union to remain, but many of those born in say the 60s or later don't really worry about it and probably wouldn't care one way or the other.

Cattach
09-Oct-09, 14:13

Why not? People from Scotland work all around the world. no different from Rangers and Celtic supports in Japan.

MrsK
09-Oct-09, 22:25
Maybe not, but the setting up of branches of the SNP in England wouldn't necessarily upset the English either, which was the comment Jox made.

There are some English people who support independence for Scotland - some because they believe the Scots have a right to be independent, and others because they see it as a way to progress the English cause for independence (although, in all honesty, this is not a very strong movement in England as yet). Many English are just totally apathetic on the question of the Union. I honestly think that many younger English people really don't care whether the Union stays or goes. The older generation do, and I think the vast majority of them do want the Union to remain, but many of those born in say the 60s or later don't really worry about it and probably wouldn't care one way or the other.

Can't argue with that. I don't think anyone in England would be unduly perturbed by the SNP suddenly opening a branch in Burnley or Swansea but.......

Why not? People from Scotland work all around the world. no different from Rangers and Celtic supports in Japan.

...to follow on from this, my point is more to do with numbers of supporters needed to warrant a branch - as opposed to any political support.

Mind you, Corby fields a Rangers and a Celtic supporters club...but it would be a bit wierd if all the Scots who had moved to Engerlund decided to vote for independance for a country they have previously left......