PDA

View Full Version : What are you?

Royster1911
09-Apr-06, 10:55
Are you a creation of Christ or evolution? Science or Science fiction??
I am 100% sure I am sitting on the fence!

gleeber
09-Apr-06, 11:00
Are you a creation of Christ or evolution? Science or Science fiction??
I am 100% sure I am sitting on the fence!

Did Christ create evolution or did evolution create Christ?
I'm 100% certain I fell off that paricular fence.

weefee
09-Apr-06, 11:16
i am the creation of two peoples love for one another, i took 9 months 2 weeks and 28 hours of labour (which i am never allowed to forget) to arrive into this world - birth is a miracle of nature.

Royster1911
09-Apr-06, 11:20
i am the creation of two peoples love for one another, i took 9 months 2 weeks and 28 hours of labour (which i am never allowed to forget) to arrive into this world - birth is a miracle of nature.

But is nature Science or Evolution? Chicken or egg situation methinks

weefee
09-Apr-06, 11:22

probably a combination of the two...

Kenn
09-Apr-06, 17:00
I am what I am, I have no one else to be.I did not ask to come into this world but thank those that brought me here.
(My mother always said I was down to 1 Cherry Brandy too many when my father came back from WW2.)
We are told that fermentation was most probably discovered as a result of wet fruits being left in the sun some six thousand years ago, most probably in the country we now know as Iran.Now that I can only interpret as an act of nature and the product that later evolved having been blamed for my birth, I think that answers the question!

Gleber2
09-Apr-06, 17:09
I'm an incubus and sprung into existance as a result of a magic spell gone wrong and now I can't be sent back to Hades where I came from. Therefore, I am not a result of science or evolution.[evil]

bingo1
09-Apr-06, 17:50
We are sons and daughters of our father in heaven. That is my belief i force it on no one. Christianity.

gleeber
09-Apr-06, 18:17
We are sons and daughters of our father in heaven. That is my belief i force it on no one. Christianity.
Now now Bingo, you have just stated that we are all sons and daughters of your father in heaven. You have just forced that opinion on me. Bless you though. ;)

Phoebus_Apollo
09-Apr-06, 18:26
I think my favourite quote sums up my position - " Thank God I`m an aethiest":o)

JUMPIG
09-Apr-06, 18:40
I think that religion is used because people don't have the answer. Humans need something or someone to blame when things go wrong in their lives and someone to thank when all is well. What about spirits and ghosts and psychics, etc? Not seen anything supernatural myself but have heard some weird stories!

Gleber2
09-Apr-06, 18:43
I think that religion is used because people don't have the answer. Humans need something or someone to blame when things go wrong in their lives and someone to thank when all is well. What about spirits and ghosts and psychics, etc? Not seen anything supernatural myself but have heard some weird stories!
In times of dire need even Phil Mitchel prays to God for help.[lol]

fred
09-Apr-06, 19:18
i took 9 months 2 weeks and 28 hours of labour (which i am never allowed to forget) to arrive into this world

I bet your poor father was in need of a drink after pacing backwards and forwards in a hospital corridor for over 9 months.

scorrie
09-Apr-06, 19:56

If God created it, then the Chicken came first. God would not have needed to bother with the egg stage, the egg is then the method for the Chicken to reproduce. However if evolution created the Chicken then the Egg came first. Whatever the Chicken was before it evolved would have laid the egg that hatched out into the new species.

bingo1
09-Apr-06, 21:17
Now now Bingo, you have just stated that we are all sons and daughters of your father in heaven. You have just forced that opinion on me. Bless you though. ;)Thankyou for your correction i should have said I beleive we are all sons and daughters of god. :o)

rich62_uk
09-Apr-06, 23:06
I am with Bingo, I believe I am the daughter of God.........Trish.:o)

Tugmistress
09-Apr-06, 23:22
If God created it, then the Chicken came first. God would not have needed to bother with the egg stage, the egg is then the method for the Chicken to reproduce. However if evolution created the Chicken then the Egg came first. Whatever the Chicken was before it evolved would have laid the egg that hatched out into the new species.

well thought out, must say i agree with this :D

canuck
10-Apr-06, 01:59

If all that we are (and any other species as well) is everything that we have experienced from the time of conception, wouldn't a spontaneously created adult chicken be less than a whole chicken? The chicken could only reproduce more already adult chickens. The "egg to adult" stage would never have exited for the spontaneously created adult chicken to recreate it. The fullness of the chicken (or any other creature) needs to start with conception. The egg would be much closer to that wholeness. I say egg first, creationist theory or evolution.

Gleber2
10-Apr-06, 02:16
If all that we are (and any other species as well) is everything that we have experienced from the time of conception, wouldn't a spontaneously created adult chicken be less than a whole chicken? The chicken could only reproduce more already adult chickens. The "egg to adult" stage would never have exited for the spontaneously created adult chicken to recreate it. The fullness of the chicken (or any other creature) needs to start with conception. The egg would be much closer to that wholeness. I say egg first, creationist theory or evolution.

Why did the egg cross the road. It doesn't sound right. Does it?:confused:

fred
10-Apr-06, 09:17
If God created it, then the Chicken came first. God would not have needed to bother with the egg stage, the egg is then the method for the Chicken to reproduce.

You are making assumptions, perhaps the chicken was something God needed for the egg to reproduce, perhaps a chicken is just something an egg uses to make more eggs, that it is the egg that is all important in the great scheme of things not the chicken.

rich
11-Apr-06, 20:09
I had a French lady friend who showed me how to make a souffle - pronounced sooflay. Served with a decent bottle of claret and a green salad it more or less guaranteed a night of love in my crummy bed-sit in Sandymount, Dublin.
So ,as far as human reproduction is concerned, the eggs definitely come first.
Is that a pun? I'd better watch it before I get hit by a thunderbolt from the censor....