PDA

View Full Version : why all the development in wick?

highlander3882
09-Apr-06, 10:01
Has anybody any theories as to why there is all the sudden new development taking place in Wick? and by such large chain stores ~ Homebase,
Argos, Superdrug .................do they know something we dont? ;)

MadPict
09-Apr-06, 11:49
Nice new nuclear power station.......

"Dounreay II - the Return of Criticality"

tommy1979
09-Apr-06, 14:30
Has anybody any theories as to why there is all the sudden new development taking place in Wick? and by such large chain stores ~ Homebase,
who cares?? as long as it gets Thurso folks backs up im happy ;)

enjoy the renaissance of Wick....a Royal Burgh with a proud and important history

nearly makes me want to burst into a rendition of rule britannia :D

willowbankbear
09-Apr-06, 14:49
who cares?? as long as it gets Thurso folks backs up im happy ;)

enjoy the renaissance of Wick....a Royal Burgh with a proud and important history

nearly makes me want to burst into a rendition of rule britannia :D

Hahahaha Knighthood for Tommy1979, Its because theyve found a massive oil reserve in the middle of the south harbour=Bingo! Wer gona be rich:lol: :lol:

porshiepoo
09-Apr-06, 15:32
It' obvious!
The council has big plans for caithness in general. Why do you think they're getting all the roads sorted, it's not just cos they had to use up spare cash for the end of the accounting year to qualify for more money.

Theres going to be a lot more development in caithness in general, that much is obvious. Wait for the airport to bring in cheaper flights, we'll have even more change up here then.

Good or bad???? Everyones opinion will be both different and viable but as it stands for me - some change is great, we need the extra shops BUT when we have enough we'll have no control over continued development.

Be careful what you wish for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phoenix
09-Apr-06, 16:18
The Holy Grail is going to be discovered in Caithness! :p And the powers that be are getting ready for the knock on effect it will have on the community! :p

riggerboy
09-Apr-06, 16:21
Hahahaha Knighthood for Tommy1979, Its because theyve found a massive oil reserve in the middle of the south harbour=Bingo! Wer gona be rich:lol: :lol:
the oil will make not 1 bit of difference to wick as it will be piped to the beattrice and onward to st fergus

Fran
09-Apr-06, 16:44

AND dont forget the 1,000 houses being built in wick, and quite a few big houses on the outskirts, and the fact that the hospital may yet get a ct scanner, which will save many trips to Inverness for a lot of patients.:p

Loafer
09-Apr-06, 20:38
I heard a story about a nuclear power station on the Wick-Lybster road, it was spotted on a desk of a cabinet MP in London. Might be worth buying up some land there.

Remember where you heard it first.......

The Loafer

P.S. Tommy 1979. I dinna give a monkeys about Wick getting all these stores. I much prefer shopping through in your town. Don't start up this silly feud again, we have had enough of it on this site.

Dali
09-Apr-06, 22:14
It' obvious!
The council has big plans for caithness in general. Why do you think they're getting all the roads sorted, it's not just cos they had to use up spare cash for the end of the accounting year to qualify for more money.

!
What roads sorted i must of missed something i must just be aiming for all the pot holes . The only roads that have been done is the ones dug up for laying pipes not for the good of the comunity .

footie chick
09-Apr-06, 22:31
TOTALLY AGREE potholes all the way wherever I seem to go thought it was just me

tommy1979
09-Apr-06, 23:34
P.S. Tommy 1979. I dinna give a monkeys about Wick getting all these stores. I much prefer shopping through in your town. Don't start up this silly feud again, we have had enough of it on this site.

beep beep...here comes the offended bus

god some people just fail to see the funny side...it was a joke hence the winky smile

I worked in thurso for 7 years and have many friends there

sorry i got your back up...it was totally intentional lol :grin:;)

lighten up my friend

Loafer
10-Apr-06, 07:19
beep beep...here comes the offended bus

god some people just fail to see the funny side...it was a joke hence the winky smile

I worked in thurso for 7 years and have many friends there

sorry i got your back up...it was totally intentional lol :grin:;)

lighten up my friend

As I said, I don't give a monkeys Tommy, many will but I DONT'T!!!!!!!!!!!
We have had god knows how many Thurso/Wick battles on this site over the years, it get's boring!!!!! That's all I was saying, you didna get my back up so no apology necessary!!

The Loafer

fred
10-Apr-06, 10:24

Yes they know something we don't.

It all started in the early 20th century in Vienna when a man called Sigmund Freud realised that a mans actions are not controlled by logic and reason they are controlled by desires and emotions hidden deep in the subconcious, instincts left over from our animal ancestors repressed and kept hidden from the reasoning mind through neccessity.

As Freud worked in Vienna for science and medicin his nephew in America, Edward Bernays, realised that by knowing what makes people do the things they do they can be controlled and manipulated in mass. The massses had been controlled before but not consciously, men followed leaders instinctively as a herd of horses follows the stalion, now entire nations could be controlled consciously like a shepherd and his dog control a flock of sheep. Bernays saw a way to make money and a lot of it.

His first client was a tobacco company, in those days hardly any women smoked, it was a taboo, just not done. Berneys staged the first photo shoot in history at an easter parade, he got four young women to all light a cigarette at the same time and made sure the reporters were there to photograph it. He told them the women were making a statement, that they were suffragettes and that the cigarettes were a symbol of their freedom and independence from men. It worked, immediately lots of women were smoking in public, the taboo was broken, Berneys had manipulated the subconcious of a nation and tobacco sales doubled almost over night.

That was the start of consumerism, people would no longer buy things because they needed them, they would buy things because they desired them and someone else would be controling their subconcious desires.

I have an interest in history, when I look back at old photos of the 19th and early 20th century one thing strikes me, how clean they were, there's a photo over on the Genealogy board in the "Unidetified Photos" thread, look at how white the maids pinny is and everything they needed for it would have not taken one shelf in the hardware shop in Wick. Then the world was brainwashed into buying things not because they needed them but because they subconciously desired them. The manufacturers saw that instead of someone buying a bar of soap and using it till it was finished and they needed another they could get everyone to buy a new bar of soap every week by manipulating their subconcious fears and desires. It grew and grew and they were producing more and more things nobody needed, getting them to buy them and put them on shelves in the bathroom never to be used, to gather dust for six months then to be thrown in the bin to make room for the new batch of things they had bought but not needed not even knowing why, to sit on a shelf in the bathroom for six months gathering dust.

Now that shelf in the hardware store is a huge warehouse full of shelves on the outskirts of Wick and they call it Superdrug.

ice box
10-Apr-06, 13:56
You wont notice wick in five years time it will all change for the better they aint doing all this for the hell of it are they!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_11_60.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/6/6_4_51.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB)

JAWS
10-Apr-06, 14:34
Beware of Austrian Thugs trying to take over the World! They were at it all through the first half of the 20th Century!

Beware oh people of Wick! The Steel Helmets and the Marching Jackboots are nigh unto you!
To the barricades Comrades, to the barricades. Stop the March of the evil mind controllers now!
Watch out for the subliminal cuts when you are watching films or you won’t be able to stop eating popcorn.
Little do you realise you are so stupid to have a free will of your own.

Superdrug? The shock troops of the evil Mind Controllers determined to take over the World?

What was it the man said? “I’m just going outside, I may be some time!”
Me too! I’m going outside to make sure I’m still on Planet Earth in case my mind has been taken over during the night. If I find I am really on the planet Zog I will mind meld with the Org and save you all.

For those who want to know what is really happening, might I suggest a look at the following site
http://www.theinvaders.co.uk/
You will find the plot a lot more realistic than the destruction of Caithness by the dreaded peril on the outskirts of Wick.
I have proof they are here, David Vincent personally told me so.

Oh yes, the dreaded Freud. He was just a dirty old man who could only think about one thing. Nowadays, some of his behaviour would have got him struck off if not prosecuted and locked up for a very long time. And it wasn't money making that controlled his mind either ladies.

Gleber2
10-Apr-06, 15:08
Beware of Austrian Thugs trying to take over the World! They were at it all through the first half of the 20th Century!

Beware oh people of Wick! The Steel Helmets and the Marching Jackboots are nigh unto you!
To the barricades Comrades, to the barricades. Stop the March of the evil mind controllers now!
Watch out for the subliminal cuts when you are watching films or you won’t be able to stop eating popcorn.
Little do you realise you are so stupid to have a free will of your own.

Superdrug? The shock troops of the evil Mind Controllers determined to take over the World?

What was it the man said? “I’m just going outside, I may be some time!”
Me too! I’m going outside to make sure I’m still on Planet Earth in case my mind has been taken over during the night. If I find I am really on the planet Zog I will mind meld with the Org and save you all.

For those who want to know what is really happening, might I suggest a look at the following site
http://www.theinvaders.co.uk/
You will find the plot a lot more realistic than the destruction of Caithness by the dreaded peril on the outskirts of Wick.
I have proof they are here, David Vincent personally told me so.

Oh yes, the dreaded Freud. He was just a dirty old man who could only think about one thing. Nowadays, some of his behaviour would have got him struck off if not prosecuted and locked up for a very long time. And it wasn't money making that controlled his mind either ladies.

Ah, what has happened to the erstwhile Master of the Diatribe? Has he been reduced to sarcastic attacks against the paranoics and conspiracy buffs.?
He used to be such an inspiring fellow.:lol:

JAWS
10-Apr-06, 16:16
Ah, what has happened to the erstwhile Master of the Diatribe? Has he been reduced to sarcastic attacks against the paranoics and conspiracy buffs.?
Sorry about that Gleber2, my best scriptwriter is on extended sick leave.

He's under strict instructions from his Psychiatrist to keep well away from me as it would seem that whenever my name is mentioned he gets severe homicidal tendencies.

I can't understand why, but I seem to know a lot of people with the same problem.
I can't imagine what causes their problems because most of them don't know one another. :~(

riggerboy
10-Apr-06, 17:13
[QUOTE=Loafer]I heard a story about a nuclear power station on the Wick-Lybster road, it was spotted on a desk of a cabinet MP in London. Might be worth buying up some land there.

The Loafer

the station thats going up in lybster is a pertol chemical palnt just a wee bit smaller than the 1 down in dorset called BP wytch farm, its going to be the second biggest petr-chemical plant in th UK

fred
10-Apr-06, 20:19

Did he? Must have missed that post.

Actually there is a lot about this subject which ties in with what you've been saying on another thread about people suffering from depression and perhaps the answer was for them not to conform rather than be made to conform. It was pointed out on that thread that there are 24 million people prescribed drugs for depression in Britain and the reason is that their real desires are being suppressed and replaced with a desire to fill their bathroom shelves with plastic bottles and aerosol cans they don't need and don't want, they are being forced to conform to a false normality to be able to feel part of the herd. They are brainwashed into believing all they have to do is use a certain aftershave to be irrisistable to women and an instant success and something inside them knows that they have been had, not only have they been acting on false ideals and desires planted in their subconcious to make corporations rich and melt the icecaps but they have completely ignored their own real ideals and desires in the process.

JAWS
11-Apr-06, 04:20
The only thing that causes me to become depressed is the constant twittering of certain politicians and pressure groups that everything that happens is going to be a disaster.

"We've no idea what will happen, but it will definitely be bad and should be banned immediately!"

The worst mistake humanity ever made was when some idiot refused to listen to the best advice ever given by one person to another.
"I'm telling you, if you keep rubbing those two sticks together you'll end up destroying the World. I'm warning you, you'll be the death of everything!"

If only he had been listened to that advice at the time then the World would never have got to the state it has.
We would all still be living in Utopia and not a depressed person in sight!

Loafer
11-Apr-06, 07:01
[QUOTE=Loafer]I heard a story about a nuclear power station on the Wick-Lybster road, it was spotted on a desk of a cabinet MP in London. Might be worth buying up some land there.

The Loafer

the station thats going up in lybster is a pertol chemical palnt just a wee bit smaller than the 1 down in dorset called BP wytch farm, its going to be the second biggest petr-chemical plant in th UK

Riggerboy

The petro-chemical plant is bound for Murkle, that was another "secret" on this "confidential" memo. Apparently Lybster is not near enough to Flotta. That's the reason for 360 hooses and an Asda in Thurso.

The Loafer

lasher
11-Apr-06, 12:45
[quote=Loafer]I heard a story about a nuclear power station on the Wick-Lybster road, it was spotted on a desk of a cabinet MP in London. Might be worth buying up some land there.

The Loafer

I've heard there is a drilling rig going to be appearing near Lybster soon, a local farmer has been asked to rent some ground for it.

saxovtr
11-Apr-06, 16:34
You wont notice wick in five years time it will all change for the better they aint doing all this for the hell of it are they!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_11_60.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB)

:lol: oh dear oh dear

Naefearjustbeer
11-Apr-06, 17:32
[quote=Loafer]I heard a story about a nuclear power station on the Wick-Lybster road, it was spotted on a desk of a cabinet MP in London. Might be worth buying up some land there.

The Loafer

I would rather have a new nuclear power plant than a petro chemical plant in the area!

weefee
11-Apr-06, 17:59
i thought wick was going to become some sort of monaco of the north with this 5 star marina and hotels that are being planned, to increase tourism numbers into the area.......