PDA

View Full Version : Self catering accommodation for surfers?

YummyMummy
07-Oct-09, 09:16
Where is the best place to advertise my self catering accommodation for surfers (Thurso) in 2010?

Will hand some business cards into The Tempest and have advertised on the surf directory website. Am I missing anywhere local?

Thanks in advance

MrsK
07-Oct-09, 14:38
You've probably done as much as is necessary locally regarding purely surfers. maybe a couple of 'mainstream' advertising routes locally may be worth considering?

Personally, I'd be tempted to go to the Surfers magazines and more websites to target directly. I'm sure most will have sorted their accom before they even set off up here.

YummyMummy
07-Oct-09, 14:57
Thanks, that's very helpful.

I have advertised through my usual (international) website that I use and as said, the surf directory.

Thought it would be good to get cards out locally (so anyone visiting this year that intends to return in 2010, might consider self-catering as an option).

Thanks again - appreciated!

buggyracer
07-Oct-09, 16:57
tourist info office?

unicorn
07-Oct-09, 17:27
How about contacting them here and asking if you can advertise?
http://www.oneill.com/cwc/scotland

Razz
07-Oct-09, 23:13
You could try the magic seaweed website, as all the surfers we speak to go on there. It will cost though

YummyMummy
10-Oct-09, 11:31
You could try the magic seaweed website, as all the surfers we speak to go on there. It will cost though

That was just the very thing I was looking for. I have made an enquiry about advertising on the MSW site. Thanks very much.

The tourist information offices only allow you to advertise if you are registered with Visit Scotland.

Thanks to all who replied - appreciated! :)