PDA

View Full Version : Are you proud of yourself?

Undine
06-Oct-09, 20:59
In the hope that you are reading this!!!
Can I ask was it fun last night. Kicking my son's car in?
what was it that drew you to his car, was it because it was new!!!
He does not earn much money, but he managed to save up for it.
Do you work?
Anyway hope you are proud of yourself.

unicorn
06-Oct-09, 21:38
There seems to be a lot of that carry on going on. Sorry to hear you have been a victim of this mindless vandalism.

alistair harper
06-Oct-09, 21:42
sorry to hear this has happend again we read about it all the time but nothing seems to get done. you dont say where this happend maybe someone herd it being done give us some facts and the orgers might be able to help hope the person or persons get caught i bet they would not like it if it happend to them. my car got damaged and written on it was sorry in lipstick police could not do anything what can be done?

Undine
06-Oct-09, 22:01
Thanks for listening to me let off steam, It happened in Durness street Thurso, Yes I know behind police station!
You would think some one would have heard something, As looking at his car it seems as if some one has kicked it a number of times.

Liz
06-Oct-09, 22:15
That is awful!

What kind of pleasure does someone get from vandalising other people's property?!

unicorn
06-Oct-09, 22:16
Thats the same area as an elderly man I spoke to a month or so ago, same thing happened, back door kicked in.

gleeber
06-Oct-09, 22:42
No consolation I know but the Courier office window was broken last night too. Next door to the police station.

The Pepsi Challenge
07-Oct-09, 04:32
No consolation I know but the Courier office window was broken last night too. Next door to the police station.

I was nowhere near the Courier's office.

tonkatojo
07-Oct-09, 10:40
That is awful!

What kind of pleasure does someone get from vandalising other people's property?!

That's a good question, I look forward to the sympathetic replies.

For me, pleasure would be seeing these mindless idiots publicly flogged until they begged for forgiveness, it would be interesting to see if they wore the badge of public humiliation in front of there pals as readily as an asbo.

PS: this could be applied for a few other type of crimes.

DarkAngel
07-Oct-09, 11:20
i dont understand why people damage cars... what a mindless moron who did that to your sons car
is there any cctv..???

William
07-Oct-09, 12:48
Jealous! that's there problem your son had what there to lazy to work for! i can almost garentee it was an unemployed bum who'd rather buy drink or drugs than look for a job i've had it done to and phoning the police was a waste of time they did nothing!

oldmarine
07-Oct-09, 14:33
That sounds like it could have happened here in Tucson, AZ USA. There is too much of that bashing of cars. It's intolerable and too often caused by teenagers.

upolian
07-Oct-09, 16:46
Jealous! that's there problem your son had what there to lazy to work for! i can almost garentee it was an unemployed bum who'd rather buy drink or drugs than look for a job i've had it done to and phoning the police was a waste of time they did nothing!

your car looked better with the dent in lad :lol:

Sandra_B
07-Oct-09, 17:00
I'm sorry to hear that. Some people are just cretins with no thought for anyone but themselves. Idiots! Hope his insurance will cover the damage.

William
07-Oct-09, 20:40
Hope his insurance will cover the damage.

Even if the insurance does cover it chances are they'll have to pay the excess an loose the NCB and at his age (assumuing he's not to old) insurance costs a fortune without any claims imagine how much his renwal will be for some thing he hasn't done.

Kevin Milkins
07-Oct-09, 20:56
It's a shame that such a very small minority of a community can destroy your faith in human nature. I hope it's an isolated case and your lad is not too disheartened by this experience.:(

I was walking home yesterday and saw three kids (about 10 year old) vandalising a dog poo bin, when I got close by I could see they had stuffed a traffic cone in it,:mad: I shouted after them and ask "why would you do that" they just ran off laughing as if to say "well what can you do about it".:confused

Stig
08-Oct-09, 08:52
They say Caithness is a good place to bring up kids. " Is it really? " It might have been 20 -30 years ago, not now. There is nothing for the kids to do up here.
We could also blame the parents or is it society telling us how we should bring up our kids, thats another debate.
Bottom line is, kids nowadays have no RESPECT for others. Before anyone says it, Yes there are good kids out there too.

Mad1man
09-Oct-09, 00:21
Sorry Stig I have to disagree with part of what you say. I've been here 15 years and have brought my children up here in Caithness. Every activity they wanted to try from sports and youth organisations to drama, music and youth clubs was and is available. And often a much lower costs than you might find further south. We do have a small hard core of youngsters who are not willing to try out any activity that their peers might sneer at. They also tend to be the ones who want to lead the life of a 20 to 30 year old when they are still 14. I do feel for what they are missing and for the parents who might have lost touch with their kids development or who sometimes just don't want to know.

The loss of innocence in the middle teen years over the last decade or so is unfortunate and sad, because these young people are missing out on good crack and chances to try out things that might just change a life for the better.

I don't know if we can fix it as a community or if responsibility for changing attitudes is ours. End of late night rant.