PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else fighting with oh over duvet?

Dadie
06-Oct-09, 20:40
I think its time to put on the winter duvet as Im soo cold but hubby is to warm at night and is reluctant to change!
Im wearing socks and thick jammies already:eek:

mumof2
06-Oct-09, 20:45
ha i wear socks and jammies, have a microwavable beddy bear and 2 dogs in bed with me and still have the cheek to put my ice block feet on OH ha ha!

changilass
06-Oct-09, 20:53
We have a super kingsize bed with 2 single matresses so each have our own duvet - harmony reigns

joxville
06-Oct-09, 20:55
When you're as H-O-T as me then you don't need clothes or a duvet. :cool:

Kenn
06-Oct-09, 20:57
No contest,what's mine is mine, what's his is mine!

Iffy
06-Oct-09, 21:09
My OH has just left for a month with his job, but, I'll tell you what, thats ONE (or TWO !!) things I won't miss him for is his hogging of the duvet and HIS SNORING !!!!!!!!!! (But I really love him to pieces and am missing him already - he just left this morning - for a month !!!!!

Vistravi
06-Oct-09, 21:17
Neither of us bother with night clothes as he is usually really hot or i am. But must admit i do tend to wear a long tight tshirt when he is away working to give extra warmth. My cat also likes to curl up into me so she is another raditator in the bed. She leaves himself alone as he moves too much in his sleep and she is very skittish.

Now the duvet is a different matter. We both have enough when we go to sleep but we fight over it during sleep and either i have most of it or he does in the morning. At the moment he is away so i have it all!!!

miranda
06-Oct-09, 23:45
My OH has just left for a month with his job, but, I'll tell you what, thats ONE (or TWO !!) things I won't miss him for is his hogging of the duvet and HIS SNORING !!!!!!!!!! (But I really love him to pieces and am missing him already - he just left this morning - for a month !!!!!

hubby been away for a fortnight .... 1 more week of the duvet to myself...sheer bliss...

The Pepsi Challenge
07-Oct-09, 04:38
Ken. The gas boiler is on the blink, so it's dressing gowns and hot-water bottles at the ready. Brrr...

Kathy@watten
07-Oct-09, 08:33
Lol Dadie and mumof2, I have the solution Dadie you obviously have a trump card being hormonal, best cry till duvet gets changed! mumof2 you need to do what I did get a monster monster american huge people/bed duvet that goes floor to floor over your bed (a witch to change but worth it) you will be cosy cosy in your bed but unfortunately unable to hoist yourself out for a pee in the night without a Simpson's crane to lift a corner for you! With my massive duvet you not only have no fight as to who has it all cos really you can't hog all of it, and you are so cosy there is no need to wear jammies, hats or the dreaded socks in bed..yuck!

BINBOB
07-Oct-09, 09:39
I think its time to put on the winter duvet as Im soo cold but hubby is to warm at night and is reluctant to change!
Im wearing socks and thick jammies already:eek:

I put my winter duvet on a few weeks ago....really need it. I hate to be too cold but hate being too hot.Just put it on anyway and see if he notices!!;)

Dadie
07-Oct-09, 14:53
I washed the bedding yesterday even though it only got washed on friday so that the duvet would be changed to the thicker one:lol:

dietcokegirl
07-Oct-09, 15:08
I'm not finding it too cold at night yet - but it wont be long untill the winter duvet gets dragged out. My OH is working away at the moment so i only have to deal with the duvet hogging situation at the weekends for now..unless my 3 year old son wanders through to my bed during the night - how can someone so small take up so much duvet?? :lol:

peedie
07-Oct-09, 17:35
i prefer to nest at night, 13.5 tog on all year. during summer i'm welcome to as much duvet as i please however in winter the battle commences, i find cold feet an excellent weapon in the fight against duvet theivery.....

ShelleyCowie
07-Oct-09, 20:48
Im a duvet hog sometimes. My OH works 2 night shifts a week so i get the whole bed to myself then, but in the mornings he kicks me over and puts his cold feet on me! [evil]

I am finding it really cold at nights now tho! Even thru the day im freezing all the time! Time to crack out the hot water bottle...or better...the electric blanket! :Razz