PDA

View Full Version : What colour is your watering can?

crayola
06-Oct-09, 00:04
The Feng Shui thread reminded me of something my landscape gardener aquaintance told me in the Spring. Before taking on a new job he always inspects not only the prospective customer's garden but also their gardening equipment. In particular, he checks out the colour of their watering can.

What colour is your watering can?

I'll let you know what it tells him about you once we have some votes.

golach
06-Oct-09, 00:08
JOX!!!!!!! anither one!!!!!!

joxville
06-Oct-09, 00:12
Good grief, just when I thought Crayola had run out of subject matter :eek:

I don't have a watering can. Would you like to know about my very big hose?

teddybear1873
06-Oct-09, 01:10
Good grief, just when I thought Crayola had run out of subject matter :eek:

I don't have a watering can. Would you like to know about my very big hose?

All of 3 inches I bet Jox haha.

horseman
06-Oct-09, 02:55
Watering cans ----
Ye Gods an little fishes.

Mister Squiggle
06-Oct-09, 08:34
Mine's green. I always thought it was a marketing thing - if it's green, it's more likely to get lost in the shrubbery, prompting you to think "Where did I put that bloomin' thing?" and buy another, which after a while gets lost in the shrubbery ...
I know it sounds like a sad conspiracy theory, but when I was a kid potato peelers were the same colour as potatoes, for that very same reason (or at least this is what my Mum said after losing her umpteenth one in the tattie peelings that got tossed out).
I'm off to lie down.

henry20
06-Oct-09, 08:42
I thought Green was for watering/feeding plants while red was for weedkiller - then the two wouldn't get mixed up.

Green for go, red for stop ....??

silverfox57
06-Oct-09, 08:43
there is more polls on here than ,working in wick.

joxville
06-Oct-09, 08:45
That's an excellent idea H20, but you have the advantage of working in a hardware shop. Certainly this weeks Top Tip, I'll need to good rep you for it.......then steal your idea. ;)

Julia
06-Oct-09, 09:05
My watering can is hot pink

changilass
06-Oct-09, 09:20
Henry20 has just doubled the sale of red and green watering cans lol.

Gizmo
06-Oct-09, 09:50
I think Crayola has been picking, and eating, those little mushrooms that grow in her garden :lol:

silverfox57
06-Oct-09, 09:56
I think Crayola has been picking, and eating, those little mushrooms that grow in her garden :lol:
maybe she just fill of magic :lol:

joxville
06-Oct-09, 11:05
Roll on winter when we can expect a new season of opinion polls by Crayola. No subject is too trivial, no object ignored.

Polls to look forward to include:

What colour is your favourite cup?
How many cupboards in your kitchen?
How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Sweetener or Sugar-YOU decide?

....and the season's highlight:

Girls-towels or tampons?

:eek:

joxville
06-Oct-09, 11:07
Move along now, nothing to see.

Gizmo
06-Oct-09, 12:55
Roll on winter when we can expect a new season of opinion polls by Crayola. No subject is too trivial, no object ignored.

Polls to look forward to include:

What colour is your favourite cup?
How many cupboards in your kitchen?
How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Sweetener or Sugar-YOU decide?

....and the season's highlight:

Girls-towels or tampons?

:eek:

1: My Homer Simpson one
2: Eight
3: Ten
4: Sweetener

And

5: I think i'll pass on this one :p

Kodiak
06-Oct-09, 13:23
I think the Next Poll should be to decide what the best Poll has been on the Org and or to decide if there should be any further Polls.

NickInTheNorth
06-Oct-09, 15:29
I had to vote other, I've got three!

2 green ones and a red one

Saveman
06-Oct-09, 15:58
the only way is up

I'm trying to be optimistic

scorrie
06-Oct-09, 16:58
What colour is your watering can?

I'll let you know what it tells him about you once we have some votes.

No doubt we will get something along these lines (From beliefnet.com):-

"Every colour affects ch'i energy differently, and because of this colours are believed to be related to yin/yang and the five elements. Color can be used to maintain, calm and enhance a specific ch'i energy. Red, for example, is the most yang colour and is linked with fire energy and the ch'i energy of the west.

Colours also have symbolic meanings. Red is associated with romance, wealth, and happiness. Three good reasons why the Chinese choose red for doors and entrance arches."
.................................................. ..............................................

However, I believe there is a simpler explanation courtesy of our own favourite Big Yin from China, ie Confucius:-

"Confucius, he say man with red watering can, have red watering can because red watering can £3.99 and blue watering can £6.99"

"Confucius, he say woman with green watering can, have green watering can because Homebase not sell any other colour watering can"

Chi whizz!!

Dadie
06-Oct-09, 18:41
Hmmm
I use a yellow hose with a green nozzle outside!
Lauren has a pink watering can.
And I use a white jug inside!

crayola
09-Oct-09, 09:15
I had to vote other, I've got three!

2 green ones and a red one
Oh Nick I'm sorrry, I should have explained what to do in this situation.

If you have more than one, you should vote for the one you use the most which will probably be the one you bought most recently.

I have three myself, the newest one is shocking pink with a black rose and the other two are red with no roses. I keep losing the roses. Why?

The landscape gardener's secret psychology of watering cans will be revealed shortly.

joxville
09-Oct-09, 09:57
The landscape gardener's secret psychology of watering cans will be revealed shortly.

My breath is bated. :roll:

crayola
09-Oct-09, 12:39
My breath is bated. :roll:
You'll be needing a sharp intake of breath when all is revealed.

crayola
15-Oct-09, 00:18
Do we have any more voters or should I reveal the landscape gardener's guide to horticultural chromo-psychology?

crayola
07-Nov-09, 02:56
This thread appears to have run its course. Are you ready for revelation?

joxville
07-Nov-09, 11:04
Ok then, if you must. :roll:

Angela
07-Nov-09, 11:16
Oh come on Crayola, do reveal all! ;) :lol:

PS mine is GREEN. What does that say about me? :eek:

joxville
07-Nov-09, 11:47
I honestly think Crayola makes up this rubbish, and we suckers fall for it. :roll:

canuck
07-Nov-09, 22:14
There is frost on the pumpkin most mornings now. So, crayola please give us the low down on the meaning of the colour of our watering can so we can finally pack it away with the gardening tools for the winter. Thanks.

Phill
07-Nov-09, 22:56
I voted other in support of the metal watering can owners!

And why do we need to pigeon hole-watering cans, this waterincanism has gone too far.
They have feelings too you know!

crayola
14-Nov-09, 00:13
Ok, here is the gardener's guide to customers' watering can colours as best I remember it....

black : probably an old person with conservative tastes
green : too ubiquitous to say
blue : do whatever you want, they won't care or even notice
orange : listen carefully to what they have to say and do what they want
yellow : a Spring person, make the garden good in Spring and early summer
pink : plant lots of tulips, pale roses and chrysanthemums (that's me!)
red : either hot and likes fuchsias, dahlias, deep coloured roses or hates gardening!

Oops, I missed out red from the poll. :o Does that invalidate it? :confused

joxville
14-Nov-09, 00:37
Ok, here is the gardener's guide to customers' watering can colours as best I remember it....

black : probably an old person with conservative tastes
green : too ubiquitous to say
blue : do whatever you want, they won't care or even notice
yellow : a Spring person, make the garden good in Spring and early summer
pink : plant lots of tulips, pale roses and chrysanthemums (that's me!)
red : either hot and likes fuchsias, dahlias, deep coloured roses or hates gardening!

Oops, I missed out red from the poll. :o Does that invalidate it?

Well that was worth waiting for :roll: Did you get that info from a cornflake packet? :)

crayola
14-Nov-09, 00:40
Well that was worth waiting for :roll: Did you get that info from a cornflake packet? :)
It pleases me that you liked it Jox. Will it influence your choice when you next purchase a watering can?

canuck
14-Nov-09, 11:12

To the other orange watering can user - did the interpretation make any sense to you? Who/what does they refer to?

I'm bewildered!

joxville
14-Nov-09, 11:40
It pleases me that you liked it Jox. Will it influence your choice when you next purchase a watering can?

Yes-I'll buy a galvanised can...that wasn't on your list. [lol]