PDA

View Full Version : Wick...Closed Saturday Afternoon.

connieb19
08-Apr-06, 16:36
[mad] I thought i'd avoid the queues at the new Superdrug this afternoon and just go the local Vantage Chemist. You know, support the local wee shoppie, only to find it's closed on a Saturday afternoon. I thought, right, I'll just nip to the bakery for some bread, only to find it's closed too.
As I only have one Saturday in four free, it seems I have no option but to take my service to the larger stores. I'm sure I'm not alone..
I must say though, I'm very impressed with Superdrug. I'm glad I went now.

MadPict
08-Apr-06, 16:39
I guess some shops forego the midweek half day closing and close early on Saturday?
Just remember when a few years back nothing was open on a Sunday......

connieb19
08-Apr-06, 17:34
I guess some shops forego the midweek half day closing and close early on Saturday?
Just remember when a few years back nothing was open on a Sunday......A few years back..Whats open on a Sunday nowadays?

MadPict
08-Apr-06, 17:37
A few years back..Whats open on a Sunday nowadays?

Practically everything doon here.......[lol]

sids
08-Apr-06, 21:55
Which one's the Vantage chemist?

coastown
08-Apr-06, 22:02
reids the chemist if i am right

rfr10
08-Apr-06, 22:21
There are 3 chemists in Wick.
Boots
Reids
Vantage which is in mcarthur street
oh and superdrug

connieb19
08-Apr-06, 22:27
You're right Robin. It's the one in Macaurther Street. The Post Office was closed too, and the bakery. [mad]

obiron
08-Apr-06, 22:37
thought the bakery and the chemists were open the whole day on sat. thought they shut for lunch between 1-2.

Sianymo
08-Apr-06, 22:41
Maybe they all shut up shop and went to Superdrug?

:p

Liz
08-Apr-06, 22:45
You're right Robin. It's the one in Macaurther Street. The Post Office was closed too, and the bakery. [mad]

The reason both the bakery and chemist in McArthur Street closed on a Saturday afternoon was because they hardly got any customers so it wasn't worth staying open.