PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Christmas Parties?

Lindsay
05-Oct-09, 14:21
Right thinking caps on........Christmas is fast approaching and the season to put on all that sparkles is nearly here, has anyone got any ideas for Christmas Parties? Any suggestions will be gratefully recieved.
Lindsay

Invisible
05-Oct-09, 14:40
Do a "Down Under" themed party with sun, sea and sand and tinsel of course

Kodiak
05-Oct-09, 14:44
You Must be kidding, far to early to think on that, you'll be going out buying Easter Eggs this weekend the way you're going.

Sandra_B
05-Oct-09, 15:21
Is it for kids or adults or a mixed crowd?

"Christmas around the world" with dishes and traditions from different countries.

Or how about a "Festivus" party for Sienfeld fans...

changilass
05-Oct-09, 15:26
When are you having the party? If it is on the day or even a wee bitty after then make everyone wear anything they were bought, we did this with hilarious results. Folks were getting pressies adressed to their chest , feet ect ..... I will leave it to the imagination.

rob1
05-Oct-09, 16:40
This is why i hate christmas. Christmas is the best part of 3 months away, a quarter of a year away, 82 days away, and yet shops already have their christmas tat and goodies on the shelves. what a sad little country we live in when we spend 3 months of the year hyping up a day when all we do is eat and drink far too much and then watch rubbish TV. Does anyone actually know what 25th december is all about now?

Rant over. The portland Arms in Lybster does a good party. Hope to go again this year.

Invisible
05-Oct-09, 17:09
This is why i hate christmas. Christmas is the best part of 3 months away, a quarter of a year away, 82 days away, and yet shops already have their christmas tat and goodies on the shelves. what a sad little country we live in when we spend 3 months of the year hyping up a day when all we do is eat and drink far too much and then watch rubbish TV. Does anyone actually know what 25th december is all about now?

Good news folks i've found the grinch

rob1
05-Oct-09, 17:35
Good news folks i've found the grinch

It is not my intention of stealing christmas or its idea. It just annoys that this one day seems to spread from mid september till mid january. I know i am not the only person that gets wound up by seeing mince pies and stocking fillers in the shops in september. Leave it until december...it makes it more special.

lots of christmas joy
scrooge:lol:

PantsMAN
05-Oct-09, 19:29
IMHO, Christmas parties, (by that I mean works/office night out) are just awful. Numpties, getting completely Brahms and List and making bigger twits of themselves than they could manage sober.
This totally false bonhomie and palsywalsy tripe is just a waste of time and money.