PDA

View Full Version : Miller Swimming Bags.... Can ye mind?

hereboy
08-Apr-06, 00:04
Can anyone settle a family dispute over the design on the Miller Academy swimming bags we used to have back in the 70's...

They were orange if ye mind them and they were made o heavy duty plaskit.

Some had football on them, ithers head swimmers... can anyone mind if they had the old Miller Academy building outline on them? My sister swears they did...

Is she mad?

Hereboy

outsider
08-Apr-06, 00:42
Im not that old...lol...

webmannie
08-Apr-06, 07:26
Nah she's not mad, just as old as me!

I have a vague recollection of an option that had the old miller academy building within a circle and Miller Academy written beneath. It was a bright orange plastic coated drawcord bag.

unicorn
08-Apr-06, 08:25
they had a picture of the building in a circle.

hereboy
08-Apr-06, 11:17
Thanks for the replies folks - seems like I was wrong..... but here did we have to make our own gym bags?

connieb19
08-Apr-06, 11:19
We had them in Wick too. I remember having a red one with a swimmer on it, I can't even swim..lol:roll:

The Pepsi Challenge
08-Apr-06, 14:27
Remember them well - I had one. Orange, with the school's logo/emblem adorning it.

scotsboy
08-Apr-06, 16:47
We had them at Mount Pleasant as well - I blame them for my Orange leanings.:)

unicorn
08-Apr-06, 17:00
I don't remember making gym bags but it is possible that we did with Mrs Hannah

Moby
08-Apr-06, 19:25
Wow - there's a blast from the past....Mrs Hannah. Did anyone else have to knit a teddy in about primary 4 or 5?? She was really strict if I remember correctly - my poor pal was not allowed to go to the loo until she had finished her row, unfortunately she wasn't a fast knitter.....don't think I need to tell you the result!!

The Pepsi Challenge
08-Apr-06, 19:32
We had them at Mount Pleasant as well - I blame them for my Orange leanings.:)

Is it June already?

unicorn
08-Apr-06, 19:36
Is it not July thats a bit orange lol

cullbucket
08-Apr-06, 20:39
Cant remember the design but they sure were Heavy Duty - I can mind a few occasions they turned into fearsome weapons when a mell broke oot. They were that stiff they would put the fear of god in ye....

jings00
08-Apr-06, 22:57
Did they no have a picture of Mina Villa on the Miller Academy bags? And they had that funny smell too.

cullbucket
09-Apr-06, 02:35
That funny smell was from yer keks ;0)

hereboy
09-Apr-06, 13:12
I mind the "kiddies" used to roll up their keks in their towel, put it in the bottom of the bag and then roll up the bag - so it looked like a swiss roll - and then carry it under their oxter, no so good for a working mill, but it looked better than holding it by the drawstring and kicking it in front of you all the way across the footbridge as you held your neebours hand...

I mind it would be snowing, and we would be walking home with Verucas, wet hair and a blocked lug - happy memories...

Anyone still play the recorder? What was that three note tune that we all learned first? I can still play it to this day, but for the life of me, canna mind the name?

unicorn
09-Apr-06, 13:29
merrily we roll along I think it was lol B A G A BBB AAA BBB B A G A BBB AA BAG

jings00
09-Apr-06, 22:46
That funny smell was from yer keks ;0)

that's why wis goin to the swimmin pool, get a quick dicht :-)

hereboy
10-Apr-06, 00:24
cheers unicorn - that was it - along with half of The Barren Rocks of Aden on the chanter thats the height of my musical prowess...

I can swim though... in both clean or dirty keks...