PDA

View Full Version : the naked rambler

david robson
07-Apr-06, 23:39
the naked rambler has been jailed again for 3 months....i met him when he came throu the borders...although a bit a nut case, he speaks some sense.....he was wanting me to join him on his naked crusade.......lol..., the only time i strip naked is when a bath is involved........we have in this country the freedom of speech, has he not got the freedom to walk around naked,.....the scottish courts are full to bursting point with back dated court cases, the prisons are full.....i just think the law has lost the point a bit.... i see far worse walking down out street on a saturday night when its closing time.......

_Ju_
08-Apr-06, 00:39
I was just reading your post and thought how appropriately you named it a ramble. I am not trying to offend you and hope you aren't offended, but you do not state your position or opinion, nor do I understand the point you are trying to get at? It is a rambling.......:confused:

Gleber2
08-Apr-06, 00:56
I was just reading your post and thought how appropriately you named it a ramble. I am not trying to offend you and hope you aren't offended, but you do not state your position or opinion, nor do I understand the point you are trying to get at? It is a rambling.......:confused:

I am not trying to offend you and I hope you don't take offence but Mr Robson's points and opinions are manifestly clear to me. Inequality, crazy legal system, crazy half naked people in the streets when the pubs close and the level of hypocrosy in our society. Eloquently rambled, Sir, and keep it up.

golach
08-Apr-06, 01:09
I am not trying to offend you and I hope you don't take offence but Mr Robson's points and opinions are manifestly clear to me. Inequality, crazy legal system, crazy half naked people in the streets when the pubs close and the level of hypocrosy in our society. Eloquently rambled, Sir, and keep it up.
Aye Right any heeder who walks aroond Kaitness wi nae clothes on is certifiable or on something else, I see how you can identify with him Gleber2, let me see you flashing your danglie bits at Dunnet and your good lady would get you certified...mine would

Gleber2
08-Apr-06, 01:16
Aye Right any heeder who walks aroond Kaitness wi nae clothes on is certifiable or on something else, I see how you can identify with him Gleber2, let me see you flashing your danglie bits at Dunnet and your good lady would get you certified...mine would

How do ye know I don't?? My wife's English an consequently is beyond understanding. Anyway, I was not coming out in favour of nudity per se I was only saying that I could clearly see Mr.Robson's post and could not understand Ju's. However, you have had me laughing for the last five minutes so I will forgive your crude uninformed ways and make allowances for your advancing years and hidebound ways.:p :Razz :o) If Ah went oot e' nicht wi no claes Ah wid freeze and no ammount o' stuff would revive me.

david robson
08-Apr-06, 01:28
the point that i was making is that he wasnt really doing anything wrong...we have a crazy legal system in this country which allows rapists, murders....etc, to get bail, yet when i walk....stagger home from a night out, i see far worse than what he is doing.....what is worse,...seeing someone get beaten up on the street then walking free.....or someone walking about naked and getting jailed for it..i just think the scottish legal system needs to get back to the basics....that was my point.....guess a dig at the legal system...sorry if i offended anyone.....

Gleber2
08-Apr-06, 03:03
the point that i was making is that he wasnt really doing anything wrong...we have a crazy legal system in this country which allows rapists, murders....etc, to get bail, yet when i walk....stagger home from a night out, i see far worse than what he is doing.....what is worse,...seeing someone get beaten up on the street then walking free.....or someone walking about naked and getting jailed for it..i just think the scottish legal system needs to get back to the basics....that was my point.....guess a dig at the legal system...sorry if i offended anyone.....

If anyone was offended by your post they shouldn't be reading any posts on this forum as there was absolutely nothing offensive about your first post. Your points were clear..What I don't understand is where and when the human body beacame so offensive that the law states that we must keep it covered when all other of God's creatures can proudly show whatever they've got. Mind you, I would hate to see Golach walking arround Edinburgh with his scrawny body naked as the day that he was born. That would certainly call for a prison sentence.

JimH
08-Apr-06, 19:37
If anyone was offended by your post they shouldn't be reading any posts on this forum as there was absolutely nothing offensive about your first post. Your points were clear..What I don't understand is where and when the human body beacame so offensive that the law states that we must keep it covered when all other of God's creatures can proudly show whatever they've got. Mind you, I would hate to see Golach walking arround Edinburgh with his scrawny body naked as the day that he was born. That would certainly call for a prison sentence.
In the UK you are free to do whatever you please, as long as you take resposibility for your actions.
It is encumbent upon you not to offend, or hurt any of you fellow citizens.
Clearly some people are offended by this mans idea of freedom - not me - and if one of those complain the the constabulary - they are duty bound to act.

Gleber2
08-Apr-06, 20:25
In the UK you are free to do whatever you please, as long as you take resposibility for your actions.
It is encumbent upon you not to offend, or hurt any of you fellow citizens.
Clearly some people are offended by this mans idea of freedom - not me - and if one of those complain the the constabulary - they are duty bound to act.

Fairy nuff. But why should people be offended by another human body? Our prurient moral hypocrisy, which is a leftover from the Victorian era and pushed down the throat of the last two or three generations by Christianity, may cause people to be offended by the naked human form, when naked and almost naked female forms are used by the media to sell everything from tampons to motor cars.

Billy Boy
08-Apr-06, 20:34
Fairy nuff. But why should people be offended by another human body? Our prurient moral hypocrisy, which is a leftover from the Victorian era and pushed down the throat of the last two or three generations by Christianity, may cause people to be offended by the naked human form, when naked and almost naked female forms are used by the media to sell everything from tampons to motor cars.

wid you be willing to walk aboot in the buff gleber2?

JimH
08-Apr-06, 21:00
I agree with you, and I have seen enough bodies, dead and alive not to be offended - but i am not sure I would want my grandaughters to catch sight of him yet.

Gleber2
08-Apr-06, 22:26
wid you be willing to walk aboot in the buff gleber2?

At Glastonbury, Shepton Mallet, Stonehenge and several other festival sites have seen the scary sight of my naked form more times than I can recall. But that was the norm in those halcyon days and I can't see me do it again when I'm almost as old as Golach. It was strange on stage in front of a large audience but they didn't mind as a lot of them were in the same state.

JMH if your grandaughters were brought up to have no hang-ups about the human form they would grow up much better adjusted than those brought up on hypocrisy and secrets. We are talking about that which is completely natural. Children do not develop any hang-ups until they are conditioned into the social mores of our time with it's prurient attitude to the facts of procreation and defecation.

JimH
09-Apr-06, 00:42
At Glastonbury, Shepton Mallet, Stonehenge and several other festival sites have seen the scary sight of my naked form more times than I can recall. But that was the norm in those halcyon days and I can't see me do it again when I'm almost as old as Golach. It was strange on stage in front of a large audience but they didn't mind as a lot of them were in the same state.

JMH if your grandaughters were brought up to have no hang-ups about the human form they would grow up much better adjusted than those brought up on hypocrisy and secrets. We are talking about that which is completely natural. Children do not develop any hang-ups until they are conditioned into the social mores of our time with it's prurient attitude to the facts of procreation and defecation.
My Granddaughters are fine, thankyou. But I still don't think I would want them about with strange men - naked or not.

Gleber2
09-Apr-06, 00:43
My Granddaughters are fine, thankyou. But I still don't think I would want them about with strange men - naked or not.
Point taken, no arguement. The prurient attitude of humans to the facts of procreation and defecation has created a dreadful number of deviants and perverts and no children are safe. But wouldn't they be just as safe with a naked normal man as they would with a clothed one if they were being looked after by your doting self.

JimH
11-Apr-06, 00:02
Point taken, no arguement. The prurient attitude of humans to the facts of procreation and defecation has created a dreadful number of deviants and perverts and no children are safe. But wouldn't they be just as safe with a naked normal man as they would with a clothed one if they were being looked after by your doting self.
I'm not sure that I would regard any naked man as normal - unless he was in an appropriate place.

Gleber2
11-Apr-06, 00:08
I'm not sure that I would regard any naked man as normal - unless he was in an appropriate place.

In our world you are completely right. In an idel world you would be competely wrong. I can't help hypothesisng on how it could be when a naked human body would be just as normal as a naked pussycat or elephant.:D

gleeber
11-Apr-06, 07:44
In our world you are completely right. In an idel world you would be competely wrong. I can't help hypothesisng on how it could be when a naked human body would be just as normal as a naked pussycat or elephant.:D

How ye can say in an ideal world everyone would be naked is beyond me. If man had not had the ability to cloth himself the whole population would have been wiped out on the first frosty morning.
I understand your thoughts about hang ups concerning the human body, and we in Scotland are more Putitan than most countries concerning that issue, but I am happy that humans have decided to put clothes on.
As for the naked rambler. Why dont they just cut off the offending parts. Thatll make him pull his breeks on.

JimH
11-Apr-06, 12:41
I'm happy with our world, and know what the body form looks like and so do my Grand children - THis world is ideal enough for me to see through my last few years, but thanks anyway.

Gleber2
11-Apr-06, 12:48
How ye can say in an ideal world everyone would be naked is beyond me. If man had not had the ability to cloth himself the whole population would have been wiped out on the first frosty morning.
I understand your thoughts about hang ups concerning the human body, and we in Scotland are more Putitan than most countries concerning that issue, but I am happy that humans have decided to put clothes on.
As for the naked rambler. Why dont they just cut off the offending parts. Thatll make him pull his breeks on.

Your logic, as usual, irrefutable.:D

Errogie
12-Apr-06, 19:03
I think the guy is touched but harmless.

What is really impressive is his self contained walking prowess, everything on his back and then being hauled back to your starting point so many times along the way. He averages about 25 miles a day and is following the back roads and trails and is definitely not about taking the main streets. From what I hear he has received more encouragement and wishes of good luck than anything else.

The real message for everyones granddaughters and grandsons is forget the nudity and learn how to walk again and save your lives from the much predicted obesity and inactivity. If he inspires one lazy kid to do a trek like that it will have been worthwhile! There is much worse on your t.v. screens. I would rather see him up for an honour for acheivement than half the present recipients.

JimH
12-Apr-06, 19:31
Each to his own.

abalone
14-Apr-06, 00:59
Well whatever he is he's not stupid.3 months free board and lodging?

JimH
15-Apr-06, 22:05
Well whatever he is he's not stupid.3 months free board and lodging?
It is not free - we have to pay for it.

Billy Boy
15-Apr-06, 22:30
It is not free - we have to pay for it.

maybe thats why he does it, the guy cant be right in the head to want to walk about naked anyway. i mean i aint got any hangs ups about the body but there is a time and a place for thing's like that , dont think mr billy boy would take to kindly to him walking past with our daughter outside as i am sure many others would feel the same the guy obviously needs help from a men in white coats not prison

Gleber2
15-Apr-06, 23:22
maybe thats why he does it, the guy cant be right in the head to want to walk about naked anyway. i mean i aint got any hangs ups about the body but there is a time and a place for thing's like that , dont think mr billy boy would take to kindly to him walking past with our daughter outside as i am sure many others would feel the same the guy obviously needs help from a men in white coats not prison

£2000 per month plus court costs. No animal in the world but we humans need a time and place to show their natural,God given bodies. Is it he who needs the white coats? Or the rest of us?:confused

unicorn
15-Apr-06, 23:28
He cannot possibly be right in the head to want to walk around Caithness naked in spring ouch...... I have a 3 layers just to hang the washing out!

Gleber2
15-Apr-06, 23:45
He cannot possibly be right in the head to want to walk around Caithness naked in spring ouch...... I have a 3 layers just to hang the washing out!

Now heres a reason I can't argue with. Did you know that a brass monkey was a device used to hold cannonballs on a ship o' War. When it got very cold the balls would be squeezed off by the shrinking monkey. Yes, if I walked around here naked tonight I wouldn't need a doctor, I'd need an undertaker.:D

unicorn
15-Apr-06, 23:48
I don't think you could even do it in the summer up here the wind is always cold! He obviously enjoys a whole lot of pain!

changilass
16-Apr-06, 00:44
Think it would be worse in the summer with all the midges. owww

Billy Boy
16-Apr-06, 12:31
£2000 per month plus court costs. No animal in the world but we humans need a time and place to show their natural,God given bodies. Is it he who needs the white coats? Or the rest of us?:confused

i didnt say to take him to court or put him in prison...i said he needed the help of men in white coats, where they can take him to a place where he can walk around naked all day long if he wants (i.e . a padded cell)
as a tax payer i would rather put my money to keeping him there rather that have him flaunt his bits and bobs in front of my 4 year old or any other child for that matter :mad:

Gleber2
16-Apr-06, 12:57
i didnt say to take him to court or put him in prison...i said he needed the help of men in white coats, where they can take him to a place where he can walk around naked all day long if he wants (i.e . a padded cell)
as a tax payer i would rather put my money to keeping him there rather that have him flaunt his bits and bobs in front of my 4 year old or any other child for that matter :mad:

Why not, children all have the same bits and bobs and it is only what society teaches them that creates the shame and the secrecy. We seem to think we have freedom in this country but have we? You're entitled to your opinion but to put people in a nut house because they have a different attitude to nature is, in itself, crazy.

Billy Boy
16-Apr-06, 13:41
Why not, children all have the same bits and bobs and it is only what society teaches them that creates the shame and the secrecy. We seem to think we have freedom in this country but have we? You're entitled to your opinion but to put people in a nut house because they have a different attitude to nature is, in itself, crazy.

Like you said we are all entitled to our opinions, and in my opinion its not natural for an adult male or female to want to walk about in public naked maybe you would be happy for him to flaunt his bits in front of your daughter but i am not.maybe its they way society has made us feel, but at the end of
the day it is illegal and he has achieved what he wanted and in my opinion got off lightly.

JimH
16-Apr-06, 13:46
There is no shame in the human body - but there is a time and place for it to be displayed without people taking offence.
WE have chosen to live in a part of the world were custom and practice decrees that we are normally clothed. If it were any other way we would all freeze up here.
I also think you will find that the children are the least affected by his display, but the adults have the same rights to expect what is called "common decency" out of anyone they may meet in public.
I am happy as things are and long may they remain so.

Gleber2
16-Apr-06, 13:49
Like you said we are all entitled to our opinions, and in my opinion its not natural for an adult male or female to want to walk about in public naked maybe you would be happy for him to flaunt his bits in front of your daughter but i am not.maybe its they way society has made us feel, but at the end of
the day it is illegal and he has achieved what he wanted and in my opinion got off lightly.

It is only illegal if some narrow minded busybody complains.

Billy Boy
16-Apr-06, 13:55

ooouuuch!! like i said would you be happy for him to prance about in front of your daughter? mind you a get the feelin you would.

changilass
16-Apr-06, 13:57

So are you saying it is only illegal if caught.

I wouldn't like to see folks wondering round naked but I am not narrow minded.

If some one wants to be a naturist they can do it in there own home or in one of the many designated places, that way we have the freedom of choice as to what we see or don't

badger
16-Apr-06, 19:43
ooouuuch!! like i said would you be happy for him to prance about in front of your daughter? mind you a get the feelin you would.
He wasn't prancing about in front of anyone, he was just going for a long walk and if there hadn't been so many people with nothing better to do than report him most of us would probably never have heard of him. As it is very few people actually did see him and if you did happen to accidentally catch a glimpse you could always look away.

If children were used to seeing their parents naked occasionally and weren't indoctrinated with the attitudes of their elders they probably wouldn't take any notice. Children aren't born with any silly prejudices - whether racist, religious or whatever - they acquire them. Going naked isn't exactly practical in our climate and generally it's pretty unattractive but most people are going to see somebody's bits and bobs before they die. At least I assume there aren't many people these days who get undressed in private and never let their partner see them unclothed -are there?

Gleber2
16-Apr-06, 19:57
He wasn't prancing about in front of anyone, he was just going for a long walk and if there hadn't been so many people with nothing better to do than report him most of us would probably never have heard of him. As it is very few people actually did see him and if you did happen to accidentally catch a glimpse you could always look away.

If children were used to seeing their parents naked occasionally and weren't indoctrinated with the attitudes of their elders they probably wouldn't take any notice. Children aren't born with any silly prejudices - whether racist, religious or whatever - they acquire them. Going naked isn't exactly practical in our climate and generally it's pretty unattractive but most people are going to see somebody's bits and bobs before they die. At least I assume there aren't many people these days who get undressed in private and never let their partner see them unclothed -are there?

Couldn't say it better myself..Well said.

Billy Boy
16-Apr-06, 20:03

The fact remains that it is neither right or legal to walk about naked if it was everyone would be doing it.
I for one wouldnt want my 4 year old daughter to see any man naked not even her father as i dont believe it is right . MY CHOICE.
Whether you would let a 4 year old girl of your's see a strange man naked is YOUR CHOICE.
As for the fact that no one would know about him if he hadnt been reported is utter rubbish as he himself told his story of why he was doing it, otherwise what would of been the point of him doing it in the first place. he was trying to make a point. HIS CHOICE.
If what he was doing was so right then why did he end up in court:confused:
but that doesnt mean we all have to share his view's

golach
16-Apr-06, 20:13
Gleber2 owld fella, I have seen you with your clothes ON and there is NO way I would like to see you without your clothes on........your are not a pretty sight, if your want to prance around Dunnet like a wee fat baldy Billy Connolly then go for it. But please not in public, scare the Scorries and the Gulls but please not the Tourists and the Pensioners.

Gleber2
16-Apr-06, 20:26
Gleber2 owld fella, I have seen you with your clothes ON and there is NO way I would like to see you without your clothes on........your are not a pretty sight, if your want to prance around Dunnet like a wee fat baldy Billy Connolly then go for it. But please not in public, scare the Scorries and the Gulls but please not the Tourists and the Pensioners.

I object to the Billy Connolly bit!!!! Away and spin your chakras you old git. If I was as doggone ugly as yourself I would walk around like an Afghani woman.:roll:

Gleber2
16-Apr-06, 20:28
The fact remains that it is neither right or legal to walk about naked if it was everyone would be doing it.
I for one wouldnt want my 4 year old daughter to see any man naked not even her father as i dont believe it is right . MY CHOICE.
Whether you would let a 4 year old girl of your's see a strange man naked is YOUR CHOICE.
As for the fact that no one would know about him if he hadnt been reported is utter rubbish as he himself told his story of why he was doing it, otherwise what would of been the point of him doing it in the first place. he was trying to make a point. HIS CHOICE.
If what he was doing was so right then why did he end up in court:confused:
but that doesnt mean we all have to share his view's

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL UNLESS SOMEONE COMPLAINS.

acameron
16-Apr-06, 20:29
Of course it is illegal! It is written in the decency law. If the law ignores this fool walking about with his tackle out, do we call every flasher a naturist?
I’m not calling this guy perverted in any way but there is places in this country set aside so people can express there body.
I’m not going to pussyfoot about - HES A NUTTER AND SHOULD BE REMOVED

Naefearjustbeer
16-Apr-06, 20:31
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=5042

He gets more than his fair share of forum "exposure" in this place LOL

http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=39319&postcount=92
I wont bother repeating everything I have said in the other topic but I think my post above about covers it.

Billy Boy
16-Apr-06, 20:32

like i have asked you twice before would you be happy for him to walk about naked in front of your daughter when she was younger:confused:

changilass
16-Apr-06, 20:33

SHOUTING!!!
When messages are posted in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, it is considered to be shouting. On the whole, the poster does not intend to shout, but has simply omitted to check the status of their caps-lock key before posting. This type of post is almost always taken as shouting and the intent of the post can be misread by other users causing arguments and disruption to come from a simple lack of care when posting. Shouting carries a 1 week suspension.

Best be careful, you could end up in the sin bin

Naefearjustbeer
16-Apr-06, 20:37
like i have asked you twice before would you be happy for him to walk about naked in front of your daughter when she was younger:confused:

I wouldnt be too worried if my 4 year old spotted him.

fred
16-Apr-06, 21:05
I wont bother repeating everything I have said in the other topic but I think my post above about covers it.

From what I've seen of him it wouldn't need to be a very long post.

pultneytooner
16-Apr-06, 21:07
Maybe you caught him on a particularly cold day, Fred.:lol:

Gleber2
16-Apr-06, 21:17
I wouldnt be too worried if my 4 year old spotted him.

Neither would I.OK.Mr and Mrs Boy.
Flashing is expressing yourself in a lewd and nasty way to cause offence and therefore illegal

This is a silly and pathetic subject and I herebye exit.

Billy Boy
16-Apr-06, 21:21
Neither would I.OK.Mr and Mrs Boy.
Flashing is expressing yourself in a lewd and nasty way to cause offence and therefore illegal

This is a silly and pathetic subject and I herebye exit.

actually its mr & mrs billy boy, and i didnt ask whether you would let someone flash your daughter, i asked would you be happy for some strange guy to walk about in front of her naked.
So why are you trying to twist it into something i didnt say. [disgust]

Gleber2
16-Apr-06, 21:25
Of course it is illegal! It is written in the decency law. If the law ignores this fool walking about with his tackle out, do we call every flasher a naturist?
I’m not calling this guy perverted in any way but there is places in this country set aside so people can express there body.
I’m not going to pussyfoot about - HES A NUTTER AND SHOULD BE REMOVED

I was replying to this post along with yours or is that beyond you. OK Mr and Mrs.

Billy Boy
16-Apr-06, 21:28
I was replying to this post along with yours or is that beyond you. OK Mr and Mrs.

No its not beyond me, maybe if you explained yourself properly instead of rambling i would understand you gleber[disgust]

Gleber2
19-Apr-06, 12:50
I was reading through this thread and realised that the Naked Rambler's naked lady friend has not been mentioned. Is it all right for her to display her bits and bobs because she's female. We see the naked or near naked females everyday on the TV selling everything from tampons to motor cars to shampoo etc. Sexual innuendo accompanied by near naked forms are flashed at us 'N' times a day by the media and simulated sex seems to be de rigeur in almost every program. A lot of these sights can be seen at all times of day and can be seen by people of all ages including children. How can this be OK when the sight of one naked male body is not? Is it all right to go naked if you have breasts etc but not if you're lean and hairy? the hypocrisy of the human race never ceases to amaze me.No wonder we are creating so many sexual deviants and no wonder there are so many people with hang-ups about their bodies. The prurient attitude of the majority is that which is creating the problems.

squidge
19-Apr-06, 13:19
This guy is simply going for a walk with no clothes on. I can hear the conversation with a four year old right now - "mummy why has that man no clothes on" " Because he likes to walk outside naked"
" oh ok"

That is how important it would be to a four year old.

Why are we are so hung up on nudity. When my children were little they often jumped in the bath with me or my husband and slept in our beds. Am i to take my clothes into the bathroom to change instead of getting changed in the bedroom? I took the boys to the swimming pool when they were little - in the ladies changing rooms til they were seven or eight - how am i supposed to get dried without them seeing me naked? When my brother in law takes his two daughters swimming how does he do the same without them seeing him naked?

As for whether I would be happy for an unknown naked man to be prancing around in front of my daughter or a naked woman to be prancing around in front of my son - of course i wouldnt If they were behaving in a sexual or threatening manner then i would be incredibly offended but this man is just walking. Its the sexuality and hte level of threat that is the problem not the nudity.

Gleber2
19-Apr-06, 13:33
Wise words indeed Squidge and we are in full agreement.

The Enigma
19-Apr-06, 17:57
I was reading through this thread and realised that the Naked Rambler's naked lady friend has not been mentioned. Is it all right for her to display her bits and bobs because she's female. We see the naked or near naked females everyday on the TV selling everything from tampons to motor cars to shampoo etc. Sexual innuendo accompanied by near naked forms are flashed at us 'N' times a day by the media and simulated sex seems to be de rigeur in almost every program. A lot of these sights can be seen at all times of day and can be seen by people of all ages including children. How can this be OK when the sight of one naked male body is not? Is it all right to go naked if you have breasts etc but not if you're lean and hairy? the hypocrisy of the human race never ceases to amaze me.No wonder we are creating so many sexual deviants and no wonder there are so many people with hang-ups about their bodies. The prurient attitude of the majority is that which is creating the problems.

Very true. If the site of a nude male body is wrong, then the site of a nude female body should also be considered wrong. Likewise, if naked females are acceptable, then naked males should be too. Unfortunately this isnt the case. In many films, programmes, magazines, etc you will more than likely see semi-naked or naked females, but at the most, nothing more than a topless man. Not exactly fair...

changilass
19-Apr-06, 18:13
Possibly cos womens bodies are neater and their reproductive organs are neatly tucked away whereas mens just hang about for all to see lol

Gleber2
19-Apr-06, 19:07
It's e wi'e' Lord made us. Dae ye ken better than him.:lol:
How dae ye excuse busty substances.

changilass
19-Apr-06, 20:17
It's e wi'e' Lord made us. Dae ye ken better than him.:lol:
How dae ye excuse busty substances.

Not a big believer but if I was, then the reason women are made neater is cos he practiced on men then decided he could do better next time and made women.

With regards to busts, I have seen men wi bigger busts than most wimen lol

doglover
20-Apr-06, 07:23
This guy is simply going for a walk with no clothes on. I can hear the conversation with a four year old right now - "mummy why has that man no clothes on" " Because he likes to walk outside naked"
" oh ok"

That is how important it would be to a four year old.

Why are we are so hung up on nudity. When my children were little they often jumped in the bath with me or my husband and slept in our beds. Am i to take my clothes into the bathroom to change instead of getting changed in the bedroom? I took the boys to the swimming pool when they were little - in the ladies changing rooms til they were seven or eight - how am i supposed to get dried without them seeing me naked? When my brother in law takes his two daughters swimming how does he do the same without them seeing him naked?

As for whether I would be happy for an unknown naked man to be prancing around in front of my daughter or a naked woman to be prancing around in front of my son - of course i wouldnt If they were behaving in a sexual or threatening manner then i would be incredibly offended but this man is just walking. Its the sexuality and hte level of threat that is the problem not the nudity.

I agree with what you are saying. It is such a pity people cannot accept those who do not conform to the 'social norm,'
Come on people, live and let live. The world would be a boring place if we were all the same.

golach
20-Apr-06, 09:18
Squidge, I fully argee, parents / children and nudity in the home are a normal part of life and a growing process for our kids. BUT strolling down the street in full display of Grannies and dowgs.....well I am not for it. Owld Chuck Berry o Kaitness ....sorry gleber2 is okay with exposing his Dinga Ling to the elements and sees nothing wrong with the "Rambler". I would not like to think my Grand children would ever think this was the norm., but there are strange things going on doon 'e way o Week, where strange lek things are comman

Errogie
20-Apr-06, 18:55
I remember when the island of Stroma, in the 50's I think, was to be offered either as a prize in competition on the back of a cereal packet or to become a nudist colony. Proximity to the Castle of Mey I think helped scupper the plan.

If global warming takes off as the experts predict perhaps Caithness tourism can receive a huge boost from the revival of this idea and boat loads of naked ramblers can head out from Ham and John O'Groats to wander around disturbing the scorraigs and waving everything at passing shipping and Gleber2. It could be provide the same fascination as Alcatraz island for San Francisco.

Too many tourists pass through Caithness for Viking Orkney and we need an alternative identity to sell the place even if some may not subscribe to naked rambling as a first choice. There is an annual walking festival in the County and they could lead the way with one of the days for a naked walk up Morven.

The potential for naked events is endless and perhaps we subtly need to start spinning the image and turn nuclear and some of its negative connotations into nudity. What is also really interesting is that Cellardyke where they found the dead swan is enjoying an unprecedented increase in visitor numbers despite what appeared to be pretty negative media exposure.