PDA

View Full Version : Tree cross road

Foxy
03-Oct-09, 17:17
A tree has fallen due to the wind at the corner beside the masonic lodge in Castletown.

Dorrie
03-Oct-09, 17:25
It's not very good out there right enough. One of our hen houses blew over, it's low and long and very heavy but it went over twice, luckily there were no hens either in it or in the way, we've had to stake it down.

joxville
03-Oct-09, 17:55
It's not very good out there right enough. One of our hen houses blew over, it's low and long and very heavy but it went over twice, luckily there were no hens either in it or in the way, we've had to stake it down.
Turn the hens into steaks-problem solved. ;)

Phill
03-Oct-09, 17:56
A tree has fallen due to the wind at the corner beside the masonic lodge in Castletown.

Are you sure it's the wind and not the mystic intervention of the grand architect?

Stack Rock
03-Oct-09, 17:58
Alas the Met office didn't issue a severe weather warning for this area according to their web site - only from Grampian south. Whereas this area is one of the windiest in the country !!!
I did expect a 'blow' though.

Gronnuck
03-Oct-09, 21:17
Alas the Met office didn't issue a severe weather warning for this area according to their web site - only from Grampian south. Whereas this area is one of the windiest in the country !!!
I did expect a 'blow' though.

Apart from letting us know it's time to tie everything down I don't know if a 'Severe Weather Warning' serves any purpose. :confused
I mean if it starts to rain you put on your waterproofs. If the wind gets up you close doors and windows and tie things down. Common sense I would have thought :roll:; or perhaps I'm missing something(?):~(

Dadie
03-Oct-09, 21:23
A severe weather warning also gets your hopes up on a work day that you dont have to go in or that the working day will be cut short!:lol:

ChuckBuscuits
03-Oct-09, 21:54
A severe weather warning also gets your hopes up on a work day that you dont have to go in or that the working day will be cut short!:lol:
HA,i want a job with you!,
we work NO MATTER what the weather is like:~(

ChuckBuscuits
03-Oct-09, 21:56
[quote=Gronnuck;602464]Apart from letting us know it's time to tie everything down I don't know if a 'Severe Weather Warning' serves any purpose.
I mean if it starts to rain you put on your waterproofs. If the wind gets up you close doors and windows and tie things down. Common sense I would have thought :roll:; or
perhaps I'm missing something(?):~(

Hmm could be![lol]

jambo
03-Oct-09, 22:31

u shouldna be saying that its a secret.

Moira
03-Oct-09, 23:48

Thanks for the warning Foxy. I wasn't travelling North tonight but the "heads-up" was appreciated. :)

Bobinovich
04-Oct-09, 00:04
Thought this was gonna be one of those corny "Why did the tree cross the road" jokes - am fair disappointed :Razz!

Moira
04-Oct-09, 00:14
Ok, if you insist

Why did the tree cross the road?

coppertop 1958
04-Oct-09, 00:55
A severe weather warning tuesday ...to thursday ......high winds and lots off rain ....

golach
04-Oct-09, 07:53
Ok, if you insist

Why did the tree cross the road?

Because it wanted to branch out? :lol: